You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the next date the adcom will be meeting? (for post interview decisions)
Today was the last interview day and Second Look is April 26th so I imagine most decisions if not all will be sent out by mid April.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
Today was the last interview day and Second Look is April 26th so I imagine most decisions if not all will be sent out by mid April.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
I interviewed today. They said that they are hoping to have decisions sent out to everyone no later the third week of April, but will most likely have all decisions made for acceptance/waitlist/deny in two weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone who interviewed today, would you mind commenting on whether or not they mentioned anything about how the waitlist may work this year? Specifically, do they foresee a reasonable waitlist movement or do they have a better idea of what might be expected from waitlisted students? Anways, thanks for the post, its always helpful to know where Rush is with this whole process!I interviewed today. They said that they are hoping to have decisions sent out to everyone no later the third week of April, but will most likely have all decisions made for acceptance/waitlist/deny in two weeks.
As someone who interviewed today, would you mind commenting on whether or not they mentioned anything about how the waitlist may work this year? Specifically, do they foresee a reasonable waitlist movement or do they have a better idea of what might be expected from waitlisted students? Anways, thanks for the post, its always helpful to know where Rush is with this whole process!
There were 11 people at the interview today including myself. They said that they have at least 11 spots still open in the class available for acceptances. As far as the wait list, they are expecting to use it to fill open seats for the fall class. However people placed on wait list will not know of anything until late May at the earliest. They are estimating to accept 20-25 people from the waitlist just as they did last year however they said that this number is only a guess. The wait list is not ranked. Selection for an acceptance from the wait list is done so by assessing the current class and assessing where any gaps may be (ie. males vs. females, diversity, instate/out of state, etc) and filling them with people off of the list. All applicants placed on waitlist are represented at adcom meetings and must attain some percentage of yes votes to be offered an acceptance.
Hope this helps.
11 spots!?
Just last week someone said it was 24!?
Just last week someone said it was 24!?

11 spots!?
Just last week someone said it was 24!?![]()
ya it was 24 went we went last week
There were 11 people at the interview today including myself. They said that they have at least 11 spots still open in the class available for acceptances. As far as the wait list, they are expecting to use it to fill open seats for the fall class. However people placed on wait list will not know of anything until late May at the earliest. They are estimating to accept 20-25 people from the waitlist just as they did last year however they said that this number is only a guess. The wait list is not ranked. Selection for an acceptance from the wait list is done so by assessing the current class and assessing where any gaps may be (ie. males vs. females, diversity, instate/out of state, etc) and filling them with people off of the list. All applicants placed on waitlist are represented at adcom meetings and must attain some percentage of yes votes to be offered an acceptance.
Hope this helps.
I was there today too. There are AT LEAST 11 spots, so don't freak out haha. She probably just said that since there were only 11 of us there today. The 24 might still be true as well
question. So i sent in my deposit beginning of last week to reserve my spot. I didn't receive confirmation that they received my deposit, but I did get an email about the RUconnected portal. Can I assume they received they deposit?
Yes, I think so. I still haven't received confirmation after sending in my deposit weeks ago. But I did receive financial aid information and my password/username to log onto RUconnected Portal. Then, I checked my checking account today, and noticed that Rush had deposited the money!
Waitlisted... so sad 🙁
question. So i sent in my deposit beginning of last week to reserve my spot. I didn't receive confirmation that they received my deposit, but I did get an email about the RUconnected portal. Can I assume they received they deposit?
Yes, I think so. I still haven't received confirmation after sending in my deposit weeks ago. But I did receive financial aid information and my password/username to log onto RUconnected Portal. Then, I checked my checking account today, and noticed that Rush had deposited the money!
Same here! I will assume they have it. Btw pup113, do you know how long it took to get fin aid information? I got an email saying I should expect my Rush portal information in mail soon but haven't yet. I ask because I am trying to figure out my school decision with a scholarship on hand, and I can't start really contemplating until I know where fin aid sits at my other schools. Thanks for any info you have!
Waitlisted... so sad 🙁
So sorry Nymeria! I was really rooting for you! But all hope is not lost and I hope you get good news from Rush or have other acceptances!

Same here! I will assume they have it. Btw pup113, do you know how long it took to get fin aid information? I got an email saying I should expect my Rush portal information in mail soon but haven't yet. I ask because I am trying to figure out my school decision with a scholarship on hand, and I can't start really contemplating until I know where fin aid sits at my other schools. Thanks for any info you have!
Sorry for any confusion.. By financial aid information, I meant they sent me the links to use to submit my information as well as my parents. I submitted all that stuff last week and am hoping to hear back about actual aid stuff beginning-mid April...
Sorry for any confusion.. By financial aid information, I meant they sent me the links to use to submit my information as well as my parents. I submitted all that stuff last week and am hoping to hear back about actual aid stuff beginning-mid April...
Gotcha! Thanks for the clear up. I am just eager to pick a school and stop living in limbo haha. Thanks again!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed Wednesday as well. Can we just skip the next two weeks?
There were 11 people at the interview today including myself. They said that they have at least 11 spots still open in the class available for acceptances. As far as the wait list, they are expecting to use it to fill open seats for the fall class. However people placed on wait list will not know of anything until late May at the earliest. They are estimating to accept 20-25 people from the waitlist just as they did last year however they said that this number is only a guess. The wait list is not ranked. Selection for an acceptance from the wait list is done so by assessing the current class and assessing where any gaps may be (ie. males vs. females, diversity, instate/out of state, etc) and filling them with people off of the list. All applicants placed on waitlist are represented at adcom meetings and must attain some percentage of yes votes to be offered an acceptance.
Hope this helps.
This was informative. Thanks!
Did anyone else receive a "Thank you for your interest but we cannot offer you an interview" email despite already interviewing?
Did anyone else receive a "Thank you for your interest but we cannot offer you an interview" email despite already interviewing?
Lol. I haven't received one of those emails even though I haven't interviewed and am just waiting for one of those emails....
Lol, I just got mine. Pre-interview.
Lol, I just got mine. Pre-interview.
Samesies. It's about time lol I've only been complete for 8 months 😛
Rejected pre-interview at 2:30 AM... not kidding, haha
haha, this inspired me to check my email at 1 AM just now, patiently awaiting my middle of the night rejection.
Yes, I did too. I emailed Jill and she apologized and said it was a technical mistake and that they would be sending our files to the adcom sometime this week.Did anyone else receive a "Thank you for your interest but we cannot offer you an interview" email despite already interviewing?
To any other waitlisted ppl:
Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.
Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.
no no email yet, and I have been waitlisted since early DecemberTo any other waitlisted ppl:
Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.
To any other waitlisted ppl:
Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.
I dont know if they do a formal email requesting updates... Ill ask around.
I do know they accept LOI and waitlistees can attend Second Look if they like.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
Was a second look email sent out? I would love to go!
Was a second look email sent out? I would love to go!
Yes--Id email Jill to ask about that or join the fb group and ask someone to forward it to you.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also waitlisted first week of jan and I've been waiting for the email that asks for us to send updates. When I first inquired, they said that they dont want anything until they specifically ask for it end of spring. Please let us know if you find out anything about updates!
have people been able to check their email accounts? I can log into my portal, but it says my email account does not exist...
anyone?
anyone?
Yes, I've been able to log onto my email account and portal since a week or 2 ago. I have not had any problems. Hope this helps.
have people been able to check their email accounts? I can log into my portal, but it says my email account does not exist...
I had the same problem at first. They fixed it and now I can't log into the portal..... :/ Not too concerned until they start notifying students on financial aid awards.
Just got the rejection email.
just got the rejection email.
+2
Just got the rejection email.
+4 looks like I'm in good company!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was also waitlisted first week of jan and I've been waiting for the email that asks for us to send updates. When I first inquired, they said that they dont want anything until they specifically ask for it end of spring. Please let us know if you find out anything about updates!
So I was wrong. Last year my friend wrote a LOI that I thought they considered... nope. He got an email saying thanks but we dont read them. I dont know if that changed for this year.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
Were all the rejections that went out today pre-interview?
So I was wrong. Last year my friend wrote a LOI that I thought they considered... nope. He got an email saying thanks but we dont read them. I dont know if that changed for this year.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
OH NO! Seriously?! :cry::cry::cry:
I thought they accepted LOIs from waitlisted students. Now that I think about it, maybe she just said we will send an email requesting "updates" to your application for waitlisted students. So I guess that applies to those who have grade updates or if you're volunteering at a new place.
This is really disappointing, I hope they changed it for this year. Thank you for letting us know GraMaire.
rejected today--interviewed 3/20. oh well, already got into a school i liked better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh no, I think you're right as well!! I dont know why I assumed "updates" meant the traditional LOI process. I just spent all this time putting together a letter and reccs! I really really hope they change their mind this year.
Friend on adcom said send updates so I guess not LOIs?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile
Has anyone from 3/6 heard anything yet?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K