2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the next date the adcom will be meeting? (for post interview decisions)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the next date the adcom will be meeting? (for post interview decisions)

Today was the last interview day and Second Look is April 26th so I imagine most decisions if not all will be sent out by mid April.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile

Today was the last interview day and Second Look is April 26th so I imagine most decisions if not all will be sent out by mid April.

I interviewed today. They said that they are hoping to have decisions sent out to everyone no later the third week of April, but will most likely have all decisions made for acceptance/waitlist/deny in two weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed today. They said that they are hoping to have decisions sent out to everyone no later the third week of April, but will most likely have all decisions made for acceptance/waitlist/deny in two weeks.
As someone who interviewed today, would you mind commenting on whether or not they mentioned anything about how the waitlist may work this year? Specifically, do they foresee a reasonable waitlist movement or do they have a better idea of what might be expected from waitlisted students? Anways, thanks for the post, its always helpful to know where Rush is with this whole process!

As someone who interviewed today, would you mind commenting on whether or not they mentioned anything about how the waitlist may work this year? Specifically, do they foresee a reasonable waitlist movement or do they have a better idea of what might be expected from waitlisted students? Anways, thanks for the post, its always helpful to know where Rush is with this whole process!

There were 11 people at the interview today including myself. They said that they have at least 11 spots still open in the class available for acceptances. As far as the wait list, they are expecting to use it to fill open seats for the fall class. However people placed on wait list will not know of anything until late May at the earliest. They are estimating to accept 20-25 people from the waitlist just as they did last year however they said that this number is only a guess. The wait list is not ranked. Selection for an acceptance from the wait list is done so by assessing the current class and assessing where any gaps may be (ie. males vs. females, diversity, instate/out of state, etc) and filling them with people off of the list. All applicants placed on waitlist are represented at adcom meetings and must attain some percentage of yes votes to be offered an acceptance.

Hope this helps.

There were 11 people at the interview today including myself. They said that they have at least 11 spots still open in the class available for acceptances. As far as the wait list, they are expecting to use it to fill open seats for the fall class. However people placed on wait list will not know of anything until late May at the earliest. They are estimating to accept 20-25 people from the waitlist just as they did last year however they said that this number is only a guess. The wait list is not ranked. Selection for an acceptance from the wait list is done so by assessing the current class and assessing where any gaps may be (ie. males vs. females, diversity, instate/out of state, etc) and filling them with people off of the list. All applicants placed on waitlist are represented at adcom meetings and must attain some percentage of yes votes to be offered an acceptance.

Hope this helps.

I was there today too. There are AT LEAST 11 spots, so don't freak out haha. She probably just said that since there were only 11 of us there today. The 24 might still be true as well

question. So i sent in my deposit beginning of last week to reserve my spot. I didn't receive confirmation that they received my deposit, but I did get an email about the RUconnected portal. Can I assume they received they deposit?

Yes, I think so. I still haven't received confirmation after sending in my deposit weeks ago. But I did receive financial aid information and my password/username to log onto RUconnected Portal. Then, I checked my checking account today, and noticed that Rush had deposited the money!

question. So i sent in my deposit beginning of last week to reserve my spot. I didn't receive confirmation that they received my deposit, but I did get an email about the RUconnected portal. Can I assume they received they deposit?

Yes, I think so. I still haven't received confirmation after sending in my deposit weeks ago. But I did receive financial aid information and my password/username to log onto RUconnected Portal. Then, I checked my checking account today, and noticed that Rush had deposited the money!

Same here! I will assume they have it. Btw pup113, do you know how long it took to get fin aid information? I got an email saying I should expect my Rush portal information in mail soon but haven't yet. I ask because I am trying to figure out my school decision with a scholarship on hand, and I can't start really contemplating until I know where fin aid sits at my other schools. Thanks for any info you have!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! I will assume they have it. Btw pup113, do you know how long it took to get fin aid information? I got an email saying I should expect my Rush portal information in mail soon but haven't yet. I ask because I am trying to figure out my school decision with a scholarship on hand, and I can't start really contemplating until I know where fin aid sits at my other schools. Thanks for any info you have!

Sorry for any confusion.. By financial aid information, I meant they sent me the links to use to submit my information as well as my parents. I submitted all that stuff last week and am hoping to hear back about actual aid stuff beginning-mid April...

Sorry for any confusion.. By financial aid information, I meant they sent me the links to use to submit my information as well as my parents. I submitted all that stuff last week and am hoping to hear back about actual aid stuff beginning-mid April...

Gotcha! Thanks for the clear up. I am just eager to pick a school and stop living in limbo haha. Thanks again!

Interviewed Wednesday as well. Can we just skip the next two weeks?

Hope this helps.

This was informative. Thanks!

have people been able to check their email accounts? I can log into my portal, but it says my email account does not exist...

Did anyone else receive a "Thank you for your interest but we cannot offer you an interview" email despite already interviewing?

Did anyone else receive a "Thank you for your interest but we cannot offer you an interview" email despite already interviewing?

Lol. I haven't received one of those emails even though I haven't interviewed and am just waiting for one of those emails....

Rejected pre-interview at 2:30 AM... not kidding, haha

Rejected pre-interview at 2:30 AM... not kidding, haha

haha, this inspired me to check my email at 1 AM just now, patiently awaiting my middle of the night rejection.

Yes, I did too. I emailed Jill and she apologized and said it was a technical mistake and that they would be sending our files to the adcom sometime this week.

To any other waitlisted ppl:

Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.

Have you guys received the email yet requesting updates/LOIs? I haven't, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waitlisted after they sent the request. I know she said they would start accepting updates around April-May.
no no email yet, and I have been waitlisted since early December

I dont know if they do a formal email requesting updates... Ill ask around.

I do know they accept LOI and waitlistees can attend Second Look if they like.

Was a second look email sent out? I would love to go!

Yes--Id email Jill to ask about that or join the fb group and ask someone to forward it to you.

I was also waitlisted first week of jan and I've been waiting for the email that asks for us to send updates. When I first inquired, they said that they dont want anything until they specifically ask for it end of spring. Please let us know if you find out anything about updates!

have people been able to check their email accounts? I can log into my portal, but it says my email account does not exist...

I had the same problem at first. They fixed it and now I can't log into the portal..... :/ Not too concerned until they start notifying students on financial aid awards.

just go acceptance letter!!! soooo excited!!

good luck to everyone and hope you get into amazing schools :)

I was also waitlisted first week of jan and I've been waiting for the email that asks for us to send updates. When I first inquired, they said that they dont want anything until they specifically ask for it end of spring. Please let us know if you find out anything about updates!

So I was wrong. Last year my friend wrote a LOI that I thought they considered... nope. He got an email saying thanks but we dont read them. I dont know if that changed for this year.

So I was wrong. Last year my friend wrote a LOI that I thought they considered... nope. He got an email saying thanks but we dont read them. I dont know if that changed for this year.

OH NO! Seriously?! :cry::cry::cry:
I thought they accepted LOIs from waitlisted students. Now that I think about it, maybe she just said we will send an email requesting "updates" to your application for waitlisted students. So I guess that applies to those who have grade updates or if you're volunteering at a new place.

This is really disappointing, I hope they changed it for this year. Thank you for letting us know GraMaire.

rejected today--interviewed 3/20. oh well, already got into a school i liked better.

oh no, im sorry. did u get an email? can i ask what your stats are? glad to hear that you have another school

Oh no, I think you're right as well!! I dont know why I assumed "updates" meant the traditional LOI process. I just spent all this time putting together a letter and reccs! I really really hope they change their mind this year.

Oh no, I think you're right as well!! I dont know why I assumed "updates" meant the traditional LOI process. I just spent all this time putting together a letter and reccs! I really really hope they change their mind this year.

Friend on adcom said send updates so I guess not LOIs?

for accepted students how long till you received the deposit forms etc? also are there any Facebook or social network sites to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.