2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was at the interview they said they were a bit behind because they received 1,000 + more apps than the previous year. They didn't say whether they were done or not, but last year people interviewed until end of March so you may still have a shot. Just call and ask.

I wish I could call, believe me, but for some reason Rush only has an email address to contact. I know they interview until end of March but when do they stop sending out interview invites? End of February from what I've heard.

Members don't see this ad.

When we were there for the 2/13 interview date, there was an adcom meeting that day. Then Jill said that the next adcom meeting wasn't until 4 weeks after that, so 3/13. She said we wouldn't be hearing anything back until after that 3/13.

Maybe your interviewer's evaluation wasn't turned in for the 2/13 adcom meeting so I'm guessing you'll be evaluated on 3/13?

That's weird, because I also interviewed on 2/13 and though there was an adcom meeting that day, Jill said that we would hear back in NO MORE than 4 weeks, and probably less. I don't remember her saying anything about a meeting every 4 weeks, but she definitely said we would hear back within the month. Plus there have been other people on this thread that said they heard back in 3 weeks, so that just doesn't seem right.

That's weird, because I also interviewed on 2/13 and though there was an adcom meeting that day, Jill said that we would hear back in NO MORE than 4 weeks, and probably less. I don't remember her saying anything about a meeting every 4 weeks, but she definitely said we would hear back within the month. Plus there have been other people on this thread that said they heard back in 3 weeks, so that just doesn't seem right.

Noo.. she said NOT BEFORE 4 weeks because their next meeting was in 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noo.. she said NOT BEFORE 4 weeks because their next meeting was in 4 weeks.

Yeah on my interview day, she definitely said don't even think about bothering us before 4 weeks. 4 weeks was their goal for a decision, but that it could be up to 6. I would call/email if you don't hear back by 6 weeks--worse thing that would happen is they tell you "sorry, you have to wait longer."

Well, I definitely remember it differently so I guess we'll know when we hear something.

Okay I lied, I can't stay away from the Rush thread, at least until I have an absolute 0% chance of hearing back. :(

I know Rush was a little late starting their application reviewing this year, does anyone know if there is any chance there are still II's left to be given out?

Anyone else that can speculate on this?

Anyone else that can speculate on this?

I interviewed @ Rush yesterday. They said they have 2 more interview days left, although the director of admissions suggested that may be changed to 3 because half of the people didn't make it yesterday due to the blizzard.

Rush aims for 25 interviewees at each interview day. I imagine some, if not most, interview slots for the last 2 days have been filled. That's all the info I have, wish I could be more helpful. Good luck!

I was complete in early August.. but still havent heard anything from RUSH.
I guess I am an underdog as well with GPA 3.5 cGPA 3.4 and MCAT 33S... and now that it is March.. I guess its time to give up..

I really liked Stritch when I interviewed there and got accepted in October so I'm happy with that as some of you guys mentioned.. but I hoped to at least hear from RUSH

Okay I lied, I can't stay away from the Rush thread, at least until I have an absolute 0% chance of hearing back. :(

I know Rush was a little late starting their application reviewing this year, does anyone know if there is any chance there are still II's left to be given out?

:p

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Withdrawing my application and interview for March 20th. Hope one of you gets the spot!!

My flight to Chicago was just delayed by three hours due to weather and might be cancelled. Now, I might not make my interview on the 6th. Does anyone know how lenient they are on rescheduling? This is getting so stressful.

My flight to Chicago was just delayed by three hours due to weather and might be cancelled. Now, I might not make my interview on the 6th. Does anyone know how lenient they are on rescheduling? This is getting so stressful.

They had to add another day apparently so they will probably be nice about it.

It is obviously not your fault so I fully expect them to be accomodating.

Safe travels!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
They had to add another day apparently so they will probably be nice about it.

It is obviously not your fault so I fully expect them to be accomodating.

Safe travels!

Is this "extra date" only for reschedules, or does that mean that there still might be more II's left to be given out?

Is this "extra date" only for reschedules, or does that mean that there still might be more II's left to be given out?

Someone else mentioned it for reschedules.

Edit- talked to adcom pals and they said that it should not be a problem to reschedule. They did it for the hurricane last year. Just let them know when you do if you wont be able to make it.

I imagine the II are basically done being sent, but I could be wrong. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Interviewed in early February. Just withdrew my application. Hope that opens up a spot for one of you guys!

What day does the admissions committee usually meet?

On Wednesdays. There was a debate about whether the meeting was today or next Wednesday. I thought it was next Weds but some ppl think it's today, so I could be wrong.

So I talked to Jill today and because of weather issues and rescheduling there are 2 more days left. Since the last day is not full they will be sending out a fewish (yup it's a word) more II to fill the day.

Best of luck everyone!

So I talked to Jill today and because of weather issues and rescheduling there are 2 more days left. Since the last day is not full they will be sending out a fewish (yup it's a word) more II to fill the day.

Best of luck everyone!

Hey! Did she say anything about when they are meeting to discuss acceptances? The anticipation is killing me! lol

Best of luck everyone!

Oh man, don't you be teasing me like that...:( I had officially given up hope here, guess I still have a "tinyish" chance...

Just received a "Congratulations" email from Rush and a confirmation of my deposit... in error! Talk about a major swing in emotions lol. I went from being elated to being crush in a matter of seconds! :diebanana:

BTW, you are right Nymeria, they are meeting about us next Wednesday and we will know by the end of the week. So I guess that's good news... :smack:

Just received a "Congratulations" email from Rush and a confirmation of my deposit... in error! Talk about a major swing in emotions lol. I went from being elated to being crush in a matter of seconds! :diebanana:

BTW, you are right Nymeria, they are meeting about us next Wednesday and we will know by the end of the week. So I guess that's good news... :smack:

haha omg that's such a tease, i'm sorry to hear that.

and damn, I was hoping you were right because then we would know a lot sooner. This wait is killing me. :scared::eek:

LOVE ME RUSH.

I second this. Anyone else hear anything?

I've been waitlisted for about a month and a half and I was wondering if people have received acceptances after their initial waitlist status? The website says that they continually review our app and I know one person already posted about their post- waitlist acceptance....so i was just wondering if other waitlisters have also heard any good news?

Just got an interview invite today. The last remaining day is March 27th, so there's still hope for those of you still waiting

For those who were accepted in February and sent in the 100 deposit, have you received email confirmation of Rush receiving the deposit? I sent mine in around Feb 22-23, and in their email, it says it will respond within 10 days of receipt. Thanks!

For those who were accepted in February and sent in the 100 deposit, have you received email confirmation of Rush receiving the deposit? I sent mine in around Feb 22-23, and in their email, it says it will respond within 10 days of receipt. Thanks!

I mailed my deposit in around that point in Feb too (accepted Feb 21, mailed the check within the next couple days). I just received the confirmation of deposit today.

Rush is now officially the only school I have not heard a PEEP from... I wonder when they will send out the rejection emails to us still slightly/barely/almost hopefuls.

Rush is now officially the only school I have not heard a PEEP from... I wonder when they will send out the rejection emails to us still slightly/barely/almost hopefuls.

I have 5 silent schools :(. Waiting on a post-interview decision though :)

Feb 20 Peeps .... when are we going to hear back? End of March or mid-March? I believe they said sometime at the end of March, but I'm not sure.

For those of you who have already interviewed, how long did it take before they sent you an email confirmation about your interview date and time?

I got an email to let me know that I should be expecting my Rush portal username and password. Did anyone receive this without getting confirmation that Rush has received the deposit?

Application withdrawn. Hopefully one of you gets a bump from this.

Those of you waiting for II's at Rush or UIC might want to remind those holding acceptances at other Chicago schools to withdraw their apps in case there are still interview invites to be had.

Hey all, especially current students,
I see that the financial aid website has amounts for monthly cost of living allowances that are calculated into the COA. Does anyone know if they pay this amount for all 12 months? I've noticed some schools only pay living expenses for 9 months.
Thanks!

Hey all, especially current students,
I see that the financial aid website has amounts for monthly cost of living allowances that are calculated into the COA. Does anyone know if they pay this amount for all 12 months? I've noticed some schools only pay living expenses for 9 months.
Thanks!

If I remember correctly, that is calculated for 10.5 months.

The admissions office said that the last batch of interview invitations went out last week, so I guess my chances at Rush are now officially 0.00 %.

Out of the 17 schools that I didn't get II's from, I can honestly say that I am the most bummed about Rush. Very disappointed but I guess now I can officially stop thinking about Rush and start focusing on the schools that are actually interested in me.

I've been waitlisted for about a month and a half and I was wondering if people have received acceptances after their initial waitlist status? The website says that they continually review our app and I know one person already posted about their post- waitlist acceptance....so i was just wondering if other waitlisters have also heard any good news?

I've been on the waitlist since mid-December and haven't heard anything yet. I got the invite for the second look today but I'm not sure about whether or not to attend...?

Yeah I've been waitlisted for months now and I don't know if I should go to second look. I would need to fly out from CA and it seems kind of a waste if I don't end up getting an acceptance here.

Anyone know if it looks bad if you don't go?

The admissions office said that the last batch of interview invitations went out last week, so I guess my chances at Rush are now officially 0.00 %.

Out of the 17 schools that I didn't get II's from, I can honestly say that I am the most bummed about Rush. Very disappointed but I guess now I can officially stop thinking about Rush and start focusing on the schools that are actually interested in me.

Sucks...grieve and there is something to be appreciated about this kind of freedom though.

Yeah I've been waitlisted for months now and I don't know if I should go to second look. I would need to fly out from CA and it seems kind of a waste if I don't end up getting an acceptance here.

Anyone know if it looks bad if you don't go?

That's what I am wondering. Realistically, I can't afford to fly all the way to Chicago when I might not even get in. It's a tough spot to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.