2012-2013 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't think that the e-mail means anything whatsoever in terms of admissions. Don't worry! I probably shouldn't have even posted anything about it on SDN, but I was just freaked out before I opened it because it said "Admissions Status Update." I got it near the end of the work day, so it's very possible that they just didn't get a chance to send them all out yet.

Did anyone else who interviewed within the past couple of weeks receive a "thank you for visiting"-type e-mail from TCMC today? The subject of the e-mail was "TCMC Application Status Update," which of course made me stop breathing considering that the next notification date is tomorrow. However, the e-mail basically said that I could contact admissions with further questions and that my app will be forwarded to the admissions committee. It didn't say anything about an admissions decision, and it didn't say anything about a deferral. Guess this definitely means I won't be hearing tomorrow.

I interviewed in January and got that e-mail right after my interview - don't worry about it.

Well it didnt come in the mail today...I was deferred in January and remember getting a letter in the mail the day we were supposed to be notified.

Well it didnt come in the mail today...I was deferred in January and remember getting a letter in the mail the day we were supposed to be notified.

You did not get it because the mail is heavy, thick (ie. acceptance mail) and did not travel as fast as deferred mail....Just kidding!!!. Good luck to you.

Deferred. I'm just not good enough for any MD school

Deferred. I'm just not good enough for any MD school

I know you have been accepted to a great DO school. You should to be proud to be part of the class of 2017. You are still on multiple waitlist and I am pretty sure you will land somewhere on those waitlist as well. The season is not over yet and keep your chin up!!!. I haven't got any acceptance yet and in a process of re-applying. Hope I will hear a good new in April.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread got depressing quickly - hope some people post on here with acceptances soon. Everyone else, keep your head up, don't give up.

Deferred for the third time. I should just withdraw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

I mean.. you should withdraw if you aren't serious about this school.. you have acceptances to Drexel and Temple already right?

Also as a side - note, apparently the student interviews here are HUGELY important in your overall evaluation... and students are pretty blunt about stating if they feel an interviewee is not a good fit. Just thought I'd throw that out there as this process is so variable.

edit: lol it sounds from your mdapps that you aren't even into this school.. why hang on just to see if they accept you and then turn them down? This is something I'll never understand from applicants.

Deferred for the third time. I should just withdraw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Weren't you posting back in August that TCMC was your safety school?Anyway, you have some great acceptances. Good luck.

And thanks, DocHunter, hopefully we'll both hear good news in August. :)

Weren't you posting back in August that TCMC was your safety school?Anyway, you have some great acceptances. Good luck.

And thanks, DocHunter, hopefully we'll both hear good news in August. :)

It's also pretty apparent from their mdapps that they will choose Jefferson or Temple (accepted at both + Drexel). It just wastes people's times to drag something out if someone is just wanting to get accepted for the sake of pride. Someone else could get accepted instead so it's just the courteous thing to withdraw from other schools if you got in somewhere else you would rather choose. ugh.

Also deferred. Interviewed in January. How much does a deferral decrease odds of being subsequently accepted?

I hope that's true. I really connected with my student interviewer compared to the faculty.

Also as a side - note, apparently the student interviews here are HUGELY important in your overall evaluation... and students are pretty blunt about stating if they feel an interviewee is not a good fit. Just thought I'd throw that out there as this process is so variable.

I interviewed in January. Haven't heard anything back. Anyone in the same boat?

I interviewed on Jan 7th as well and didn't hear anything. Not sure what this means or what to expect

Has anyone's status changed on the TCMC portal page under applicant status?

No changes in status or anything. I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Thanks guys!

Did your applicant status change on the portal site?

It's also pretty apparent from their mdapps that they will choose Jefferson or Temple (accepted at both + Drexel). It just wastes people's times to drag something out if someone is just wanting to get accepted for the sake of pride. Someone else could get accepted instead so it's just the courteous thing to withdraw from other schools if you got in somewhere else you would rather choose. ugh.

There's an articulation between my university and TCMC. I'm the first student to be a part of this articulation, so I'm sticking it out for the sake of my university being able to attest to the success of the program's applicants if I do get accepted. Minor political point, I guess you would call it.

There's an articulation between my university and TCMC. I'm the first student to be a part of this articulation, so I'm sticking it out for the sake of my university being able to attest to the success of the program's applicants if I do get accepted. Minor political point, I guess you would call it.

hmm i see... well i GUESS i understand... just make sure to withdraw whenever you do get accepted so the rest of us have a chance. thanks

what is the link for checking application status post-interview?

What is the username/pw though? i understand they emailed us a pin..but everytime i put in my email and PIN it doesnt work

What is the username/pw though? i understand they emailed us a pin..but everytime i put in my email and PIN it doesnt work
its not the email. I think its usually the first letter of your first name and your last name as the username.

its not the email. I think its usually the first letter of your first name and your last name as the username.

Username: first letter of your firstname and your last name. For example, John Smith should have a user name as jsmith
Password: last 4 digit of your ssn

Congrats to everyone who has heard great news! :)

Everyone else, good luck and be patient..things happen..for..a reason? I hope so!:luck:

Yes they called me :)

Stats: GPA 3.6 MCAT 30Q
Not Hispanic, Black, or Native American

I'm going to attend! Best of luck to all

Congrats! Were you IS/OOS?

Congrats to everyone else who was accepted, too. To those of you still waiting, I can commiserate. And for those of you who didn't receive good news, I'm sorry. If it's any condolence, I remember reading that apps were up 20% this year back in August, which is crazy. Talk about making an already competitive process even more ridiculously competitive. You're all obviously very qualified, and I know that it will work out for you this cycle or next.

Accepted this morning via phone call

All I got was an email with the acceptance information, but I'm not accepting. If anyone goes to there interview and has an exit interview with Ida Castro, you will love her! haha

Congrats! Were you IS/OOS?

Congrats to everyone else who was accepted, too. To those of you still waiting, I can commiserate. And for those of you who didn't receive good news, I'm sorry. If it's any condolence, I remember reading that apps were up 20% this year back in August, which is crazy. Talk about making an already competitive process even more ridiculously competitive. You're all obviously very qualified, and I know that it will work out for you this cycle or next.

Yep OOS, coming from the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.