You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There's a hierarchy as follows:
#1 Acceptance is the best. 😛
#2 Waitlist is okay. A few from the top of the waitlist was accepted last year, and since they're accepting a larger class this year, those on the waitlist likely have a decent chance.
#3 Hold is not so good. They didn't accept anybody off of hold last year. I believe you can go from Hold --> Waitlist, but not directly from Hold --> Accept. I don't think there will be much/any news until after May 15 for those of us on hold.
does anyone know how many percent is taken from waitlist? they dont rank you either. i cant quite understand how that works...
I think they had a "preferred" section of the waitlist last year (even though I don't think there was a specific ranking). I don't know when that distinction was communicated to those in that "preferred" section.does anyone know how many percent is taken from waitlist? they dont rank you either. i cant quite understand how that works...
I'm pretty sure they only took a few from the waitlist last year, but it's hard to say for this year since they're expanding the class by > 50%... which could certainly affect the yields.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they had a "preferred" section of the waitlist last year (even though I don't think there was a specific ranking). I don't know when that distinction was communicated to those in that "preferred" section.
I'm pretty sure they only took a few from the waitlist last year, but it's hard to say for this year since they're expanding the class by > 50%... which could certainly affect the yields.
few seems so little hahah. this uncertainty is killing me..
Haha yeah... I can look at my notes when I get home to see if I wrote down a number... but really, I'm sure the numbers will be quite different this year.few seems so little hahah. this uncertainty is killing me..
Hold and waitlists are e-mailed. Acceptances are phone calls.Was it a phone call or online status change?
No word here... getting nervous.
I thought they said at the interview that waitlists and acceptances were phone calls, holds were emails. I could be wrong.Hold and waitlists are e-mailed. Acceptances are phone calls.
Mmm, well I'm not 100% sure. I guess nobody explicitly said whether it was a call or not! Maybe Jamiechan or Medicines could shed some light on that.
Edit: I am referring to Waitlist decisions. I know for sure that Acceptances are a telephone call with a portal change.
Edit: I am referring to Waitlist decisions. I know for sure that Acceptances are a telephone call with a portal change.
Last edited:
Mmm, well I'm not 100% sure. I guess nobody explicitly said whether it was a call or not! Maybe Jamiechan or Medicines could shed some light on that.
I got in and I received a call and the portal online changed to have an extra acceptance form tab at the top. You definitely will know if you get in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get any feed back. I called them... waiting for a call back with information.
ACCEPTED! They just called me a few minutes ago. 3.86, 38, IS.
Last edited:
ACCEPTED! Just got the call. Interviewed 10/12. IS cGPA ~3.7 sGPA ~3.5 MCAT >30.
waitlist is an emailI thought they said at the interview that waitlists and acceptances were phone calls, holds were emails. I could be wrong.
waitlist is an email
Ah, okay.
I just got an acceptance email, no call though!
It can take them a couple days to call. I logged in and saw my offer letter in the portal and didn't get a call until late the next day.
I complete my secondary 3 months ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Any others in the same position? Are my chances not looking so good?
I complete my secondary 3 months ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Any others in the same position? Are my chances not looking so good?
I am wondering the same thing with my chance. I completed mine two months ago.
delete.
Last edited:
Hello everyone! I just withdrew my interview from CMU scheduled for November 16th. I hope one of you guys and gals gets that spot. Best of luck to all of you!
Sadly I do not think that applicants can pick dropped interviews. Or at least ones that are within a week. It is too bad...Hellooo, just withdrew from my 11/15 interview spot, hopefully it goes to one of you worthy applicants! 🙂
Sadly I do not think that applicants can pick dropped interviews. Or at least ones that are within a week. It is too bad...
Not that specific interview date, but they'll interview more people later to fill their interview quota.
Withdrew my application after being wait listed post interview. Good luck to everyone applying.
I interviewed at CMU on 11/08 and I know it's still too early to hear back, but if anyone else is in the same boat, please let me know when you get a response! Thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[haircell123, post: 14612475, member: 580385"]I interviewed at CMU on 11/08 and I know it's still to early to hear back, but if anyone else is in the same boat, please let me know when you get a response! Thanks 🙂[/quote]
I inteRviewed that day too and the wait is killing me! I check the portal all the time even though I know its wayyy too soon!
I inteRviewed that day too and the wait is killing me! I check the portal all the time even though I know its wayyy too soon!
I interviewed at CMU on 11/08 and I know it's still too early to hear back, but if anyone else is in the same boat, please let me know when you get a response! Thanks 🙂
Did they give you a general idea when you would hear at your interview? I interview Saturday and I am curious what the wait is like.
They said roughly 2 weeks.Did they give you a general idea when you would hear at your interview? I interview Saturday and I am curious what the wait is like.
For those who have already interviewed, how were in the MMI questions in general? Some sample questions I've came across were pretty complex but I hear regular medical school MMI questions are easier. Any thoughts? Thank you.
I'm sure each school is different, but in my experience the questions weren't trying to trick you. I could answer all of them and only struggled on one, which was an ethical question. Most are ethical questions, but this one was hard to answer because it was an either/or and I wanted both lol. I loved the experience, and prefer the mmi over traditional interviews.
Rejected post-secondary
Complete Early October
+1 except complete early August 🙁
edit: stats in case those are interested >3.1 UG, >30 MCAT, >3.6 SMP GPA
Anyone know if we will be hearing this week for November interviews?!
I was waitlisted today, so very sad.
I was waitlisted today, so very sad.
Did you get an email ?
Yeah, got an email
Yes and the portal changedDid you get an email ?
Yes and the portal changed
Was that this morning? I have no email and no change in my portal. I'm having anxiety over here lol
How do you look at portal?
Applymed.cmich.edu
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, around 8 this morning. Good luck, theres still hope fpr you!Was that this morning? I have no email and no change in my portal. I'm having anxiety over here lol
Yup, around 8 this morning. Good luck, theres still hope fpr you!
Thanks! I hope there is.. And good luck with being picked from the wait list!
I wonder how many come off the waitlist?
Last year there were a "few" people accepted from the top of the waitlist, and zero acceptances from the "hold" group. This year may be quite different, however, since the class size is increasing dramatically.I wonder how many come off the waitlist?