2013-2014 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call! IM IN!!!!!!! First acceptance!!!!! Good luck everyone still waiting!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got the call too! My top choice! Soooooo excited!
For the record, I was bumbling like an idiot!

Got the call too! My top choice! Soooooo excited!
For the record, I was bumbling like an idiot!
Congratulations Mmedran!!!!! Felt like we were on this wild ride together in a way what with out II and interview being kinda close. WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Mmedran!!!!! Felt like we were on this wild ride together in a way what with out II and interview being kinda close. WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Congrats too! I was rooting for you TB!!! Wooooo!

Congrats to all those accepted today! Still patiently waiting for an II over here :rolleyes:

Congrats to all those accepted!!

I'm getting excited for my interview on Thursday. Will anyone else be there? Any last minute advice?

Still under review, complete 9/17. Loyola is a great school and I hope to at least get an II here.

Congrats to those accepted! Just had my interview today and lovedddd it! Fell even more in love with Loyola (didn't know that was possible!) haha

congrats to everyone accepted!!!! could be future classmates! :D

Hey everyone! Hope your application season is going well. If you have any questions about Stritch, I'd be happy to answer them. Any Loyola undergrads on the thread?? Don't sweat it if you haven't heard back yet. I didn't get an II until December.

Members don't see this ad :)
:)So anyone excited about Second Look yet?! (I know, it's not for months, but still)

:)So anyone excited about Second Look yet?! (I know, it's not for months, but still)
+1 stalked last year's thread and eefen's blog already. I'm way too excited for my own good and the acceptance letter hasn't even came yet

+1 stalked last year's thread and eefen's blog already. I'm way too excited for my own good and the acceptance letter hasn't even came yet
+1000! TB, you and I are peas in a pod!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! That's an awesome feeling. Enjoy it.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I'm feeling lazy.. does Loyola have IS preference at all?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I'm feeling lazy.. does Loyola have IS preference at all?

They're a private school, so they don't have an IS quota to fill. On the fact sheet I received yesterday, it said 44% of the first year class is from Illinois. But you really shouldn't be at any disadvantage coming from OOS.

out of curiosity, when you check your status I see:

Primary Application received
07/31/2013Invitation to submit Supplemental Application
07/31/2013Supplemental Application received

Should I see a space for where my letters were received?
i couldve sworn i saw somebody else post in this thread way back and they had a box where their letters were marked as received.
as a note my file is "under review"

I have a spot for letters
bumymuvy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a spot for letters

For what it's worth, I do not have that line with letters however my app still shows complete:

"As of today, Monday, November 04, 2013:

• Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."

For what it's worth, I do not have that line with letters however my app still shows complete:

"As of today, Monday, November 04, 2013:

• Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."

k thats what i was worried about. seems to go both ways. think its worth to call them and ask about it?

Still under review!
I guess Chicago is just not too sure about me :joyful:

Just got my acceptance letter today in the mail. :') I'm on the west coast BTW.

For those that are accepted and mailed in the form to hold a spot, did you guys receive any confirmation email from them?

Just got my acceptance letter today in the mail. :') I'm on the west coast BTW.
Sorry meant to post that I got mine thurs (southwest burbs) and sent response today :) I'll admit, I was kinda sad it didn't start with a huge CONGRATULATIONS! Lol

Sorry meant to post that I got mine thurs (southwest burbs) and sent response today :) I'll admit, I was kinda sad it didn't start with a huge CONGRATULATIONS! Lol
LOL I totally feel you. I had to read the first sentence twice to make sure it was, in fact, an acceptance letter.

k thats what i was worried about. seems to go both ways. think its worth to call them and ask about it?
Is it worth it? That's your call. If it will alleviate some stress for you, go for it. Personally, I am satisfied with the "under review" message. But it can't hurt to call and double check.
If you do call let us know how it goes.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far!! The current M1's made a group for everyone who's been accepted and thinking about attending. The group has M1's and M2's, so you can get a student perspective on anything you've been wondering about and get a chance to meet other accepted applicants
https://www.facebook.com/groups/542670629160088/

II today! 3.89/4.0/36 OOS

Anybody know the accepted vs matriculated data for this school with IS OOS breakdowns?

Anybody know the accepted vs matriculated data for this school with IS OOS breakdowns?
Were you "under review" the whole time or were you ever "your file has been reviewed"?

congrats!!!!! when were you complete?

I was complete around 8/1 and was under review the entire time. I thought I was "has been reviewed" but I think baylor and loyola's status have conflated in my mind.

Anyone know when's the next wave of acceptance going out?

Anyone know when's the next wave of acceptance going out?
I interviewed at the end of October, and they told us the committee is meeting Nov 18th (one week from today!). So acceptance phone calls will probably go out that night.

I interviewed at the end of October, and they told us the committee is meeting Nov 18th (one week from today!). So acceptance phone calls will probably go out that night.

I was told sometimes in mid november, and the last two waves has gone out 2 and 4 weeks ago so I was getting a bit antsy. A sigh of relief!

yeah I also remember them saying november 18th and I interviewed 10/31. I also remember them saying we will get something in the mail and don't remember them saying anything about a phone call.
I was told sometimes in mid november, and the last two waves has gone out 2 and 4 weeks ago so I was getting a bit antsy. A sigh of relief!

yeah I also remember them saying november 18th and I interviewed 10/31. I also remember them saying we will get something in the mail and don't remember them saying anything about a phone call.

Yea but every acceptance except one on this thread came via phone call. So sounds like if they don't miss you by accident you will get one.

Last edited:
Has anyone this year received interview after status changed to "application has been reviewed"?

I got the call 10/18... They say they try to call all acceptances, but if not, everyone gets a decision letter (all the same size and shape) in the mail.
Good luck all!

My status says "application has been reviewed, etc.", and the admissions office told me that its a small pool. My question: is this a legit small pool? Meaning that we have a high chance of getting an interview? Or do they just say that for everyone?

My status says "application has been reviewed, etc.", and the admissions office told me that its a small pool. My question: is this a legit small pool? Meaning that we have a high chance of getting an interview? Or do they just say that for everyone?
I think they say it to everyone, they told me that without asking for my amcas id number

I think the consensus is that phrasing indicates a "hold" rather than a "small pool".

USNews has no data on Loyola.

MSAR:
IS: 1470 apps, 179 interviews, 69 matriculated
OOS: 8141 apps, 366 interviews, 88 matriculated.

I submitted my secondary back in August, and I was checking the status site today and noticed that my "picture upload" section makes it look like I didn't upload one--in which case I feel like an idiot, but I am wondering if the uploaded photo disappeared just like the secondary. Can someone else who uploaded a photo check what their page looks like? Does it show a record of the photo you uploaded?
Mine looks like this...
Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 10.09.55 PM.png

I submitted my secondary back in August, and I was checking the status site today and noticed that my "picture upload" section makes it look like I didn't upload one--in which case I feel like an idiot, but I am wondering if the uploaded photo disappeared just like the secondary. Can someone else who uploaded a photo check what their page looks like? Does it show a record of the photo you uploaded?
Mine looks like this...
View attachment 25572
Mine looked like that so I called because I didn't want to be the crazy person that uploaded the same photo 20 times in attempt to get confirmation. They said they had it.