2013-2014 PRIME/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the program website it states interview invites would start late november/early december. Has anyone been invited for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

From the program website it states interview invites would start late november/early december. Has anyone been invited for an interview?

I think there's already a thread for this, but to answer your question - yes therr has been invites. I remember a few people posting about invites a while back. I'm hoping I get one!

I noticed people discussing PRIME in the UCLA thread, but I think we should use this thread. Anyone heard anything new from PRIME? Are they still giving out secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stated in the main UCLA thread but I got an interview invite last night!

Anyone have more information on the curriculum than the website gives? Would love to go into the interview with more info...

Had a lovely interview on Saturday. Really really hopeful.

Will not say much because of non disclosure agreement but they said decisions will be released end of February. :) Must.... Not... Check email... Every.... Five... Minutes....

Anyone know if letters of intent/interest are welcome?

Did everyone show up to interview? I'm currently on the interview waitlist. Any info would help!

Did everyone show up to interview? I'm currently on the interview waitlist. Any info would help!

If someone doesnt show up( without notice) for an interview im not sure if that interviewee can be replaced by someone on the waitlist. The only way an interviewee can be placed on interview list is if someone cancels ahead of time.

Do you know how many people they put on the wait list? I am just curious because I am in the same boat.

Believe interviews are all done at this point. How's everyone else dealing with the wait? Everyone sent all their transcripts? I had to resend mine because one of them never arrived - auuuugh!

Trying to keep myself busy with all the other things and not think about the waiting time... I'm not counting the days, really I'm not.

Believe interviews are all done at this point. How's everyone else dealing with the wait? Everyone sent all their transcripts? I had to resend mine because one of them never arrived - auuuugh!

Trying to keep myself busy with all the other things and not think about the waiting time... I'm not counting the days, really I'm not.
I'm just patiently waiting and keeping busy. :)

Do you know how many total people they interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just patiently waiting and keeping busy. :)

Do you know how many total people they interviewed?

I think they interviewed about 75 people

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know exactly when we will be hearing back?? I could've sworn they said two weeks after the last interview date? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know exactly when we will be hearing back?? I could've sworn they said two weeks after the last interview date? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Is that what they said? I've been wondering that too

My heart skips a beat every time someone posts here lol

They said about 3 weeks. My guess is near the end of next week!

I think last year's they accepted people at the end of March. I think they said this year they would start at the end of Feb...

End of Feb is what I remember from my interview (the first interview). :)

Anyone have any idea how the results will come out this year? Looks like last year it was via phone... did anyone hear a clarification on this during their interview?

I would think phone calls since it's such a small group.

I heard from a friend they sent 6 acceptances this week.

Nothing here either. I know some acceptances went out already. Hopefully not all of them though!!!

my friend got an acceptance yesterday by phone call. She interviewed Jan 11

Does anyone know if they'll let us know about rejections/wait lists as well this week or just acceptances?

my friend got an acceptance yesterday by phone call. She interviewed Jan 11

Thank you thank you!

Better make sure my phone is on and on my person with volume ALL the way up until I hear... XD

Does anyone know if they'll let us know about rejections/wait lists as well this week or just acceptances?

If they follow the same pattern as last year then waitlist folks will be informed via e-mail in three weeks-ish.

If.

Do you guys know if all the phone calls will be made by Friday??

Super anxious .

Also, anyone else get any acceptance calls??

Do you guys know if all the phone calls will be made by Friday??

Super anxious .

Also, anyone else get any acceptance calls??

Well at least I'm not the only one who's anxious.... nope, no idea if all the calls will be made by tomorrow. No contact here still.

If we don't hear by the end of tomorrow: :(

Has anyone tried calling them and asking if all acceptance calls will be made by tomorrow?

(I'm getting very anxious, I'm sure you guys can tell)

I called them and they said that they have contacted some people but not all. They expect to contact accepted students by the end next week.

Reactions: 3 users
Last I heard was that there were only 4 spots left. Praying for u all!!

I would like to know how people find out how many spots are left.....
No calls over here.

Nothing here. Here's hoping for good movement on the waitlist!

Game over then? How come accepted applicants don't post on here?? It kind of makes it worse.

Game over then? How come accepted applicants don't post on here?? It kind of makes it worse.
If fabmed's post is accurate, probably game over at the end of today...?

I just called the office. They're not done making calls! They said they should be done making calls by the end of next week.