2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it only me or do other people also think this years WL movement is slower than the previous years?

Reactions: 6 users
Is it only me or do other people also think this years WL movement is slower than the previous years?
I do too, I wonder if it's because it's "our turn" to wait or if it's the CYMS tool glitch or if it's just less people commenting :shrug: who knows haha

Reactions: 1 user
I was told that last year they had more WL movement than expected... hopefully that's the case again this year

Does anyone know if WL is truly ranked? If so, would they let us know about our position on the WL? I've heard of other schools doing that

Reactions: 1 users
They won't disclose whether it's ranked or not, or they won't disclose our rank?

I asked them if they could give me any insight regarding my waitlist status, they say they would not be able to disclose my waitlist position.

Extremely grateful to be accepted off the waitlist this morning!! I did NOT have the "Top of WL" distinction. Got the email at 10:57 AM PST. OOS, ORM, interviewed in November.

This is my first acceptance after 3 WLs. I had convinced myself I would need to reapply and could not be more excited. Wishing the best for everyone on the WL, especially those without an A yet!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A off the waitlist 😭 feeling very grateful. God is good 😭 Good luck everyone and happy Friday!

Edited to add: did not submit a letter of intent (wasn't sure if it was a safe move...) and no top of WL distinction

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got off waitlist too. First acceptance out of 2 WLs. OOS ORM. Good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Holy Cannolis accepted off the waitlist!! So grateful wow. Interviewed in August, no top of the waitlist :0

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! no top of WL distinction, and so grateful bc I had 3 WL and no A and was starting to get reapplication materials together lol. Also, for future reference, UCLA doesn't accept letters of intent but they do accept letters of interest! I sent a letter of interest and asked the admissions team before I did, and they said that you can upload interest or update letters, but there's no guarantee they will be considered or read.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Did you send them anything (update or lois) post interview? Also were you high priority?
Sent an update in Jan after my interview in December. Did not have a top of the list distinction.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! no top of WL distinction, and so grateful bc I had 3 WL and no A and was starting to get reapplication materials together lol. Also, for future reference, UCLA doesn't accept letters of intent but they do accept letters of interest! I sent a letter of interest and asked the admissions team before I did, and they said that you can upload interest or update letters, but there's no guarantee they will be considered or read.
Congrats!! When did you get the email? Seems like most of them have been around 10:30-11:30? wondering if they're all sent at once or they trickle in throughout the day

also got off WL at 11:12am PST! no top of WL, IS ORM.

wanted to say that dgsom was one of my top schools forever but i gave up hope because i interviewed in september and it was my worst interview by far (lol i cried right after it because it sucked that badly haha). i sent a update/letter of interest in late March via the portal but not sure if it did anything

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do they still offer any scholarships? Or they already distributed everything?

Reactions: 1 users
What do we know about the CTE? do we have to do that in the next 5 days or we have until june?

GOT OFF THE WAITLIST LESSSS GOOOOOOOO
interview september, no top of the waitlist, no update letter- IS AHHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to you who got off the WL 🎉. Is there anyone of you who chose to plan to enroll at another school and still got off the WL at UCLA? It seems most of the people who got off the WL have the first A and did not PTE at any school.

I am so worried that I had to PTE at another institution but UCLA is still my top choice and I desperately want to get off the WL 😢.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to you who got off the WL 🎉. Is there anyone of you who chose to plan to enroll at another school and still got off the WL at UCLA? It seems most of the people who got off the WL have the first A and did not PTE at any school.

I am so worried that I had to PTE at another institution but UCLA is still my top choice and I desperately want to get off the WL 😢.
I PTE'd elsewhere and still got off the WL at UCLA. Also, I'll probably be declining my acceptance at UCLA, so good luck y'all :D

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
If you have already PTE at another school do you need to commit within the next 5 days?

If you have already PTE at another school do you need to commit within the next 5 days?
yes! 5 business days according to the email!

And yes! I had PTE’d elsewhere

I also got off the WL but didnt find out until now because it was in my promotions inbox . Sept interviewee, OOS, no top of wl distinction.

For those who got off the WL earlier, was the FA package that they offer generous? And how fast did they give you your FA package?

Reactions: 2 users
I also got off the WL but didnt find out until now because it was in my promotions inbox . Sept interviewee, OOS, no top of wl distinction.

For those who got off the WL earlier, was the FA package that they offer generous? And how fast did they give you your FA package?
It only took 1 day for me to receive my PAL after submitting all the financial info. I have an EFC of 0 and got ~21k/year for need-based aid. Also received a merit scholarship the next day! Also, you can save ~36k if you become a CA resident after the first year.

It only took 1 day for me to receive my PAL after submitting all the financial info. I have an EFC of 0 and got ~21k/year for need-based aid. Also received a merit scholarship the next day! Also, you can save ~36k if you become a CA resident after the first year.

Thanks so much for your response!!! That's amazing to hear.

Also does anybody, especially current students, know if applying for CA residency is easy? I know a few schools (like UMich) say the same thing about applying for state residency in 2nd year, but whether or not the state would grant you residency status is pretty unclear .

Thanks so much for your response!!! That's amazing to hear.

Also does anybody, especially current students, know if applying for CA residency is easy? I know a few schools (like UMich) say the same thing about applying for state residency in 2nd year, but whether or not the state would grant you residency status is pretty unclear .

I was interested to know this too because the full CoA scholarship doesn’t cover oos fees but From what I read online and inquired, it’s not difficult and most students are able to get it.

Do the majority of med students live in Weyburn Terrace? Any insight to the pros/cons of living outside of Westwood vs living at Weyburn?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are WL movement on weekends from past threads or experiences?

Do the majority of med students live in Weyburn Terrace? Any insight to the pros/cons of living outside of Westwood vs living at Weyburn?
Good chunk of co2026 are located at Weyburn. I think many of our first choices were the Boulevard, but it's hard to get in since lots of folks have it as their first choice. In terms of living in Westwood at Weyburn, rent for a studio is $1700 per month. Add $100 for parking if you bring a car and park it in the Weyburn garages. In terms of having your own studio or 1 bedroom in the Westwood area, that's quite a fair price. It's also quite convenient to live here. You're 15-20min walking distance from Geffen Hall where most of your classes take place. In that same walking distance, you have Ralph's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, CVS, Target, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.