You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just a question for the open: Do you guys think that the CYMS tool delayed WL movement or that ppl are just underreporting online?
Just a question for the open: Do you guys think that the CYMS tool delayed WL movement or that ppl are just underreporting online?
While cyms might be contributing to a delay, looks like there has been a reasonable amount of movement at Geffen. So, it’s unclear if there is actually a delay. Also, I think cyms was fixed last Thursday/Friday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can confirm that it's underreporting online.Just a question for the open: Do you guys think that the CYMS tool delayed WL movement or that ppl are just underreporting online?
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Can confirm that it's underreporting online.
Do you know if there are going to be more movement and when does ucla WL movement usually end?
It's honestly super hard to tell because it's all a matter of how many people getting off the waitlist ultimately choose to commit to UCLA. Anecdotally, WL movement last year went until end of May, and some folks even got offers June and July.Do you know if there are going to be more movement and when does ucla WL movement usually end?
distressedpremed
New Member
Wondering if there’s a way to see about how many waitlist offers have been sent out already (beyond SDN stalking haha)? Or if anyone knows approximate numbers…Seems like things have been slowing down recently so wondering if I should officially give up hope lol
withdrawing my acceptance!! good luck to all
Maximus0703
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance on Monday. Gl to all.
Yesterday was the deadline for people to respond to the acceptance offer from the waitlist, so hopefully there will be some movement today/early next week, but unsure :/Any movement this week?? Hoping for some more as people decline their offers
we will hear good news this week, i am manifesting it for all of my lovely WL friends <3
Does anyone know how we may be able to enhance our chance for merit-based scholarship consideration? Received acceptance 2 weeks ago but have not heard back regarding scholarship
Does anyone know how we may be able to enhance our chance for merit-based scholarship consideration? Received acceptance 2 weeks ago but have not heard back regarding scholarship
I reached out recently regarding this because my acceptance email said "your application is being considered for merit scholarship", but the dean told me all merit scholarship has been awarded and they have nothing left to offer [emoji21]. But they probably send out a template email to everyone 🫣.
I reached out recently regarding this because my acceptance email said "your application is being considered for merit scholarship", but the dean told me all merit scholarship has been awarded and they have nothing left to offer [emoji21]. But they probably send out a template email to everyone 🫣.
Aww got it, thank you for letting me know!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how long WL offers are given? I know UCLA's CTE deadline is 6/1 but last year's thread showed people still getting As in June and during my interview, adcoms mentioned that one year, a student got off the WL even on the Friday before orientation in August. The only other school I was accepted to has a CTE deadline of 7/1 but I'm so desperately trying to hold out hope for UCLA 😵
does anyone know if the class is full now ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ will there be more movement
does anyone know if the class is full now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] will there be more movement
Can’t exactly answer your question but 6/1 is the school’s last day to commit to Geffen. So there might be some movement then but that really depends.
siperbigbowl
Full Member
More movement please[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]🥹
Comeonnnnn baby! Let's see some movementMore movement please[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]🥹
I just ended up PTE’ing elsewhere, so that’ll hopefully open up a spot! Good luck y’all!
Just out of curiosity, but has anyone called admissions for a hint of WL position? E.g. did they make past your position last year, are you in top third, etc. How did they respond?
They wouldn't say anything when I tried askingJust out of curiosity, but has anyone called admissions for a hint of WL position? E.g. did they make past your position last year, are you in top third, etc. How did they respond?
On the CTE deadline, which programs do we need to email to withdraw? Only the ones that show up on the CYMS tool? What about programs who interviewed us but ghosted us after interview without giving any admissions status (A, WL, or R) until now?
That's insane @ being ghosted POST interview. Such a lack of courtesy on the school's part.On the CTE deadline, which programs do we need to email to withdraw? Only the ones that show up on the CYMS tool? What about programs who interviewed us but ghosted us after interview without giving any admissions status (A, WL, or R) until now?
Yup!Is the CTE for this school June 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing those programs are worried about under-enrollmentThat's insane @ being ghosted POST interview. Such a lack of courtesy on the school's part.
No, because waitlists exist...I'm guessing those programs are worried about under-enrollment
No, because waitlists exist...
True! Also i don’t think schools are actually worried about under enrollment with the amount of applicants they have
Yeah, there's like no chance they're worried about that lolTrue! Also i don’t think schools are actually worried about under enrollment with the amount of applicants they have
Last edited:
still holding out hope : (
Got the acceptance call yesterday afternoon... So grateful and excited beyond belief ðŸ˜
Can anyone add me to the groupme please? tysm, looking forward to it!!!
Can anyone add me to the groupme please? tysm, looking forward to it!!!
Got the acceptance call yesterday afternoon... So grateful and excited beyond belief [emoji24]
Can anyone add me to the groupme please? tysm, looking forward to it!!!
Sent!!
TYSM 🙂)
JonChase
Full Member
Is this the second look groupme? Or is there another one?Sent!!
Can I get the group me too 🥹 i got accepted a month ago, I didn't know there was oneSent!!
Can I get the group me too 🥹 i got accepted a month ago, I didn't know there was
Sent in Pm
medlife798989880
New Member
just got my acceptance on friday off the wl, can i get added too ?Sent in Pm
Congratulations! Call or email?just got my acceptance on friday off the wl, can i get added too ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
can you add me too please! 🙂Sent in Pm
same concern here!
Hello, did this end up affecting your admission chances?i am worried because i didn't sign up for the PREview until late , so I am taking it July 14th which means that UCLA will get it Aug 14th-ish , so if i submit my secondaries before that (if i get offered them) then will that mean they wont look at my whole application until Aug14th??
(LM 72.5, OOS)
For me I ended up getting an interview invite in Aug before taking the PREview in Sep. The actual interview was 2 weeks after I took the PREview and I ended up getting waitlisted here.Hello, did this end up affecting your admission chances?
JonChase
Full Member
Can you forward this to me?Can I get the group me too 🥹 i got accepted a month ago, I didn't know there was