2022-2023 Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Talked to an admission counselor and they usually send large group of II on Fridays!
Do you know if this be the last batch they send since their last interview date is next month? :/

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea and their last intevriew date is December 10

Reactions: 1 users
how was the interview? im not sure what to expect & i appreciate any info you’re willing to share!
They make you sign a confidentiality agreement, so can’t say, much. But, no major suprises as far as interviews go and all my interviewers were very honest and hella dope :)

• Love
Was anyone able to see a closing video after their interview? Or it just ended like that with no closing

Was anyone able to see a closing video after their interview? Or it just ended like that with no closing
I just felt like it ended suddenly, but now I'm paranoid I also missed a closing video...haha :oops:

Nah. It was over after your 3rd session. Would have been nice with some form of wrap up, but alas.

Greetings beautiful people! I've gotten a handful of messages asking about post-interview thank you notes, emails/letters of interest, update letters/emails.

First and foremost, they are not at all necessary! If you didn't send one, that's okay. If you don't want to send one, that's also okay. If you would feel better sending one, that's okay, too.

For those of you who feel inclined to send something, you can use the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Admissions email. If you look at the email you received for your secondary or II, you'll see an email for the admissions office.

Reminder, the admissions office is VERY small and currently filtering through a lot of applications. You most likely won't get a reply, but trust they've received it.

Best of luck! We're rooting for you 😊

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings beautiful people! I've gotten a handful of messages asking about post-interview thank you notes, emails/letters of interest, update letters/emails.

First and foremost, they are not at all necessary! If you didn't send one, that's okay. If you don't want to send one, that's also okay. If you would feel better sending one, that's okay, too.

For those of you who feel inclined to send something, you can use the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Admissions email. If you look at the email you received for your secondary or II, you'll see an email for the admissions office.

Reminder, the admissions office is VERY small and currently filtering through a lot of applications. You most likely won't get a reply, but trust they've received it.

Best of luck! We're rooting for you 😊
Hi! I hope you are doing well 😊 just wondering if secondaries are still being sent out? thanks so much!

Hi! I hope you are doing well 😊 just wondering if secondaries are still being sent out? thanks so much!
Alas, I'm not involved with app review, so I can't say 😕 Based on last year's thread, all secondaries had been sent out by this time and interviews concluded by mid-December.

Alas, I'm not involved with app review, so I can't say 😕 Based on last year's thread, all secondaries had been sent out by this time and interviews concluded by mid-December.
ah, i see..thank you for your response!

does anyone know if UCLA/Drew will let us know of their decision regardless?

it will be on AMCAS soon
Just to follow up on this, according to the CDUMD website, CDU MD program will be added to AMCAS tomorrow, November 9, 2022!
Application due by Jan 20, 2023

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Would have loved to apply to the regular CDU MD program but they are not accepting international students unfortunately

Would have loved to apply to the regular CDU MD program but they are not accepting international students unfortunately
I feel like most people are being excluded from CDU MD bc they require one year of biochemistry??? I think? 😩

Reactions: 1 user
You can email. I emailed them for whether they accept international students and they responded pretty quickly. I wouldn’t want to waste $45.
Someone already emailed them on the main Charles Drew threat and they stood by their one year Biochem requirement :clown:

Someone already emailed them on the main Charles Drew threat and they stood by their one year Biochem requirement :clown:
I wonder if they’re doing that to keep from getting inundated with so many applicants in November of the cycle.

when do you all think we’ll start hearing about secondaries?

You can email. I emailed them for whether they accept international students and they responded pretty quickly. I wouldn’t want to waste $45.
I found out about the one year requirement after I submitted and payed for the app

• Care
when do you all think we’ll start hearing about secondaries?
i wish i knew..the deadline for secondaries is nov. 18th but seems like from previous threads that there were individuals who received their secondaries on the secondary deadline date + were still able to get an interview...so anything can happen really

Pre-secondary R received :( oh well

It is laughable, because I legit marked Drew as "rejected" on my med tracking sheet over a month ago because I never got a secondary.
So this pre-secondary R today confirmed that I am psychic.

• Haha
Pre-secondary R received...oh well, onto the next! good luck everyone and don't give up on yourself/your dreams. rejection = redirection...only up from here on out 🙏

Reactions: 2 users
Supposedly there is one more date on 12/10, I think. It makes sense logically that they are looking over all applications to schedule for that last date. I don't think anyone has received a II for that date recently. So I am holding out hope they are not done sending II's
I can confirm there’s an interview day being hosted on 12/10. I’m not sure if they’re still sending invites tho.

Pre secondary R today. Originally applied here thinking it was UCLA then realized there is another UCLA lol. Good luck fam

can anyone who has interviewed say how long it was? is it an all day thing or just the morning?

For those here who are also applying to the CDU MD program: I'm a little concerned that sending my application to CDU MD may affect my chances at CDU/UCLA, and vice versa. Anyone else with this concern? Is it reasonable to suspect that both of the admission committees will talk to each other about their interviewees and final acceptance offers? I'm incredibly excited for both programs but don't want to hurt my chances at either school in any way

For those here who are also applying to the CDU MD program: I'm a little concerned that sending my application to CDU MD may affect my chances at CDU/UCLA, and vice versa. Anyone else with this concern? Is it reasonable to suspect that both of the admission committees will talk to each other about their interviewees and final acceptance offers? I'm incredibly excited for both programs but don't want to hurt my chances at either school in any way
a few people have asked this already on this thread. it will be two different committees viewing your application.

edit: idk i’m shooting my shot too!

Last edited:
I got the email from CDU/UCLA telling me to take a next step but it was for the new CDU med school I applied for. I got my hopes up for a II haha.

is there anyone at all that has a december interview? like has UCLA/Drew sent them out yet?

i have a 12/10 interview but i received the invitation on 10/28. at the time there was also a 11/5 date available

II today about 2 hours ago! Only had one day available and it was this Saturday lol. Quick turnaround but super excited for the opportunity! OOS, LM 70, complete 8/11.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interviewing 12/10 receive any information (link, schedule, etc.) yet?