2022-2023 Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today. IS. LM 75. Submitted 8/6.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
For people that are interviewing on the 15th, did you all get your Kira Talent links or information? I couldn't find it anywhere in my inbox and spam/junk folder.

Any movement on II, I was complete 08/29. Anyone compelete after that receive an II yet

Members don't see this ad :)
For those interviewing tomorrow, do you know what time we start? I’m so confused by the schedule and what’s reflected on our Kira Talent links

Someone told me they spoke with someone at CDU who said rn there's a temporary pause on II because they gave out more secondaries than they expected so far? I'm not sure if this I was told correctly or if the person I was talking to misunderstood. They also said they were told that they're currently reviewing secondaries from the end of August. Unfortunately I submitted my secondary in Sept though I was given it in August sooo I don't know what to make of this info T_T

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, when is your interview date?
Someone told me they spoke with someone at CDU who said rn there's a temporary pause on II because they gave out more secondaries than they expected so far? I'm not sure if this I was told correctly or if the person I was talking to misunderstood. They also said they were told that they're currently reviewing secondaries from the end of August. Unfortunately I submitted my secondary in Sept though I was given it in August sooo I don't know what to make of this info
Hey that is good to hear. I was complete end of august and hope i hear back soon.

Reactions: 2 users
i feel so dumb lol i got the secondary invite in July and didn't complete it till late August. Learned my lesson :X

Does anyone know if LORs are reviewed prior to receiving a secondary, or after?

So I heard they only have one interview per month. They are having on November 5th and December 10th and then there done.

Reactions: 1 user
So I heard they only have one interview per month. They are having on November 5th and December 10th and then there done.
Omg… so the last batch of invites will be given in November😭 How many people do they interview total ??

i don’t know but when I called she told me the interview once a month that’s why there’s delay. I was very shocked when she told me that. And that the usually send invites 3 weeks before or sometimes they give II the week of the interview if people declined theirs.

So if we haven't received a secondary by this point, can we assume we've been rejected? 🥲

Reactions: 1 users
just received an II! out of state. completed secondary on 8/24. there’s only 11/05 & 12/10 available

did anyone receive an invitation to complete the secondary towards the end of the cycle?

They opening a new CDU medical school just saw a thread for that

Yes. They are expecting a new cohort of 60 students to begin July 2023. The CDU/UCLA MEP will still continue as well for now. The new program is not yet on AMCAS but keep a look out for it. As a CDU/UCLA MEP student, I personally am thrilled for their new school and know that their new cohort is going to be in phenomenal hands.

Yes. They are expecting a new cohort of 60 students to begin July 2023. The CDU/UCLA MEP will still continue as well for now. The new program is not yet on AMCAS but keep a look out for it. As a CDU/UCLA MEP student, I personally am thrilled for their new school and know that their new cohort is going to be in phenomenal hands.

Thank you!

If you don't mind, can you expand on how the current structure compares to the next upcoming structure?

Thank you!

If you don't mind, can you expand on how the current structure compares to the next upcoming structure?
Sorry, I can't because I'm not privy to that quite yet. But once I learn more I'll share what I can! I'm also excited to see what the curriculum structure will be.

Wait sorry, clarification. So CDU will have a new class beginning in the fall. Where would we apply for it if it’s not in AMCAS? Or are they recruiting from the CDU/UCLA pool?

Wait sorry, clarification. So CDU will have a new class beginning in the fall. Where would we apply for it if it’s not in AMCAS? Or are they recruiting from the CDU/UCLA pool?
it will be on AMCAS soon

Anyone that has interviewed here can give some tips?

I quoted my general interview advice post below. I stand by it for both IS and OOS students. The only things I would add are:

1. Take advantage of the OPTIONAL Friday social, if you can. It's a good space to ask questions, as well as meet current students and the folks you'll be interviewing with the next day. That being said, if you can't make it or can't stay the entire time, it's totally okay and has absolutely zero bearing on admissions whatsoever. There are other spaces for you to get questions answered (namely this thread 😊).

2. Don't spend too much time prepping for super specific questions (beyond "tell me about yourself and why CDU/UCLA"). Questions change every year and perhaps between interviews, so expect to predict what you'll be asked. Focus on making yourself as comfortable as you can, so you can communicate genuinely and succinctly!

As someone who was OOS:
  • CONGRATULATIONS! I'm proud of you!
  • Mission fit, mission fit, and again, mission fit. If you talked the talk in your application, you better walk the walk in your interview. Be the person they read about, and all will be well. This is when being yourself matters.
  • Think about why CDU/UCLA meets your professional goals and personal interests. Why CDU/UCLA and not just CDU or not just UCLA. They won't necessarily ask you, but it's good to know and being able to articulate a specific interest in CDU/UCLA is helpful. If this is a top choice, don't be shy about saying what excites you and letting that enthusiasm shine through.
  • Explain that you want to serve the urban underserved community in LA. If you have parallels between past experiences and current work happening at UCLA or CDU, speak on it!
Remember, you're interviewing them they same way they're interviewing you. Ask questions to understand if CDU/UCLA is the place for you and get to know your fellow interviewees. These are things you can bring up in a thank you and or continued interest letter in the future.

And I know it's cliche and almost impossible, but take a breath and relax. They like you! If for some reason it isn't your best interview, don't worry. It wasn't mine by a long shot, but I'm here!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that has interviewed here can give some tips?

Be prepared to immediately jump into a room with other applicants. There is no intro session beyond speaking to students for a few moments.

Don't speak for the sake of speaking.

• Love
did anyone receive secondaries in late september? I got mine 9/28 and completed 10/13, haven't heard back yet

So I got the UCLA/Geffen pre-secondary R today. This wouldn’t affect my chances for the Drew/UCLA program right?

So I got the UCLA/Geffen pre-secondary R today. This wouldn’t affect my chances for the Drew/UCLA program right?
Not at all. Got completely ghosted by Geffen during my cycle (though that may or may not have been because I was being heavily considered by Drew already). The admissions processes are, for all intents and purposes, separate between Drew and DGSOM.

Talked to an admission counselor and they usually send large group of II on Fridays!

Not at all. Got completely ghosted by Geffen during my cycle (though that may or may not have been because I was being heavily considered by Drew already). The admissions processes are, for all intents and purposes, separate between Drew and DGSOM.
Got it ok! i interviewed at Drew/UCLA last month so this is reassuring. thanks so much!