2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement beyond the top of WL distinction folks?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have top of WL and have not heard anything :(
PTE/CTE deadline is technically today, so I would expect a lot more movement to occur soon. In past years, regular WL people have gotten in, and considering that UCLA ranks applications, I think the top of the WL people have a really good shot of getting in.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the waitlist!!! Best of luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Email. Does anyone know when we get financial aid or scholarship info off the waitlist. It seems a little underhanded to only give 5 days to decide without having this information.
Agreed...I also just got off the waitlist and would love to know this info.

Edit: I also had top of the waitlist distinction

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Got an A off the WL today around 3pm EST! Excited!! (I had the top of WL distinction)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Email. Does anyone know when we get financial aid or scholarship info off the waitlist. It seems a little underhanded to only give 5 days to decide without having this information.
If you send in all the info they financial info they ask for ASAP, I remember having a 1-2 day turnaround to get a provisional award.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is DGSOM’s commit to enroll deadline? I’m unable to find it online, thanks in advance!

got off waitlist today too and given 5 days to decide lol. do out of state students qualify for in state tuition after a year at this school?

Should most WL movement will happen after this time?

No, I think more WL movement happens after plan to enroll since 5/1 is when people have to narrow down to 1 school. On 6/1 there might be slight movement only

if you submit any updates on the waitlist - does anyone know if they even read them?

YALL DON'T GIVE UP HOPE JUST GOT EMAIL FOR FULL COA SCHOLARSHIP (previously had full tuition and fees!!!!! THERE'S STILL A CHANCE OF GETTING AN UPGRADE/OTHER SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Long time lurker, but finally made an account to post :lol:

I got accepted off the regular waitlist today at 1:40PM EST via email. I did NOT have the top of the WL distinction.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

I got accepted off the regular waitlist today at 1:40PM EST via email. I did NOT have the top of the WL distinction.
Congratulations!! What time did you get your WL email? Before or after 4pm?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

holy **** congratulations!!!😭😭😭❤️❤️

Congratulations and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!! I know a lot of people (maybe only me) really need it. I am waitlisted here but was offered a scholarship else where that requires commitment to that school soon. UCLA is still my top choice. I really use SDN to gauge how much WL movement is going on and my chance of getting off of it. Right now it seems there is a small movement for regular WL, I will keep my hopes up for tomorrow

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!! I know a lot of people (maybe only me) really need it. I am waitlisted here but was offered a scholarship else where that requires commitment to that school soon. UCLA is still my top choice. I really use SDN to gauge how much WL movement is going on and my chance of getting off of it. Right now it seems there is a small movement for regular WL, I will keep my hopes up for tomorrow
Absolutely, I've been refreshing this forum since my interview in December to gather data points haha. UCLA was my only II, and I was ready to move on with life if this cycle didn't pan out. Funny enough, the first email I got today from DGSOM was a newsletter about how to apply for housing. I was like that's pretty f'ed up for them to talk to me about housing when I'm still on the waitlist. The next thing I did was refresh this page to see updates, which was none. Then I went back to my email and saw the admission letter. I kid you not, I immediately dropped what I was doing at work, and immediately accepted the offer fearing that they'd made a mistake LOL.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Absolutely, I've been refreshing this forum since my interview in December to gather data points haha. UCLA was my only II, and I was ready to move on with life if this cycle didn't pan out. Funny enough, the first email I got today from DGSOM was a newsletter about how to apply for housing. I was like that's pretty f'ed up for them to talk to me about housing when I'm still on the waitlist. The next thing I did was refresh this page to see updates, which was none. Then I went back to my email and saw the admission letter. I kid you not, I immediately dropped what I was doing at work, and immediately accepted the offer fearing that they'd made a mistake LOL.
Wow congratulations!!! Hoping to be celebrating as well soon 🥹 when did you interview if you don’t mind sharing?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
huge congratulations to everyone who's getting off the waitlist 🥹🥹🥹 it's so uplifting to witness

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Seems like there was a good amount WL movement last year w 75/200 getting off per MSAR. Keep your sprits up, ladies and gents! Congratulations to everyone who made it to the other side already, y'all deserve it!

Also wondering if the time of WL has any correlation with ranking as top of the list folks were emailed around 3pm. When did those who were accepted get emailed?

Seems like there was a good amount WL movement last year w 75/200 getting off per MSAR. Keep your sprits up, ladies and gents! Congratulations to everyone who made it to the other side already, y'all deserve it!
I have a question, the MSAR PDF said 2024 so does that pertain to our cycle? Our cycle is 2022-2023, so would we be following the 2023 MSAR PDF instead? the 2023 PDF says it's 50/150 whereas the 2024 PDF says it's 75/200. Thanks!

I have a question, the MSAR PDF said 2024 so does that pertain to our cycle? Our cycle is 2022-2023, so would we be following the 2023 MSAR PDF instead? the 2023 PDF says it's 50/150 whereas the 2024 PDF says it's 75/200. Thanks!
Honestly not sure — feel like WL movement is like looking at astrology signs for premeds LOL! I assume (and hope) that it pertains to this cycle since its the most updated data and likely reflects their last WL class.

Honestly not sure — feel like WL movement is like looking at astrology signs for premeds LOL! I assume (and hope) that it pertains to this cycle since its the most updated data and likely reflects their last WL class.
exactly, i feel you... the 33% vs. ~38% feels like all the difference in the world rn :lol: the neurotic pre-med vibe is at an all-time high lmao

off the waitlist! no top of the waitlist distinction 😭 guys this movement is real

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users