2022-2023 Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is 12/10 going to be the last interview spot or is there going to be anymore?

Members don't see this ad.

is 12/10 going to be the last interview spot or is there going to be anymore?
Last year I believe their final interview date was supposed to be 12/11 but they added one for 12/18 and invited people last minute

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't there supposed to be a Friday social?? I hope they email us about it today??
Hey everyone! I reached out about this and will let you know when I hear back 😊 Feel free to update this thread if you get an email.

• Care
I called them last week and they said that 12/10 is indeed the last date they will interview. Smh I’m so sad

• Sad
Thank you for looking out for us 🥰
No worries! Happy to help 😊

Update: The interview is still happening on Saturday 12/10 (you'll get the information via email). The social will be pushed to next week (date/time TBD). I'll let you know when I get the confirmed date/time.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received 3 confirmation emails for tomorrow's interview (one each for the MMI, group, and the one-on-one interview).

They said we should look out for an email from current medical students about the social, but did not specify when that would be.

Anyone used Kira here before? Any tips for those of use who haven't used it?

Kira will be very similar to Zoom. Once you log-in, they will have you set up your display name. The platform is timed so it does have a tendency to kick everyone out when the timer is up.

The social did have to be delayed. We finished our exams this Wednesday and coupled with some admin logistics, the invite for the social would have been sent our rather late. To be fair for everyone and give all candidates ample notice, we decided to push this social back a week.

Because I personally think that socials before interviews can help give you info that you may want to take into an interview, please feel free to DM me with any questions you have about the school, student life, etc and I will do my best to answer.

Goodluck to everyone tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Looking forward to meeting all y'all interviewees today. Sending y'all good vibes this morning

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How many total interviewees were there today?
I didn't get a good count but probably around 16-17? There were 8 people in my group interview, and I am assuming there were probably around that many for the other group interview too.

Members don't see this ad :)
For all the interviewees (today and previous dates), I just want to put it out there that a couple of folks were worried about their audio/visual feeds lagging/having issues during the group interview. Please don't worry! You were not judged on the quality of your technology 😊

Hey! Have any interviewees here also received an II to PRIME-LA? And if so, is anyone interested in CDU-PRIME? I wasn't able to bring that up in the interview so I'm not sure how to express interest in that. Maybe during the virtual office hours?

Does anyone know when they will release admission decisions?

Is the curriculum p/f?
the land before time graphics GIF

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email from DGSOM-UCLA saying that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy. I applied to the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program and interviewed in October. I'm wondering if this email from DGSOM-UCLA means I'm also no longer being considered for the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program? @JoyFairy let me know your thoughts, please!

Last edited:
If i’m not mistaken, I believe they are done interviewing for CDU/UCLA
I just got an email from DGSOM-UCLA saying that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy. Does this mean I'm also no longer being considered for CDU? @JoyFairy let me know your thoughts, please!
If i’m not mistaken, I believe they are done interviewing for CDU/UCLA
I edited the original post :) I have previously interviewed for CDU/UCLA

I just got an email from DGSOM-UCLA saying that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy. Does this mean I'm also no longer being considered for CDU? @JoyFairy let me know your thoughts, please!

I edited the original post :) I have previously interviewed for CDU/UCLA
Hey! If you received an email from DGSOM with no reference to CDU, then I would assume that is in reference to the traditional track (not the CDU/UCLA track). That being said, I don't know for sure! You can always email to confirm!

Hey! If you received an email from DGSOM with no reference to CDU, then I would assume that is in reference to the traditional track (not the CDU/UCLA track). That being said, I don't know for sure! You can always email to confirm!
I think it is in reference to the traditional track, or at least I'm hoping so! @JoyFairy back when you were on this crazy journey, did you also apply to the traditional DGSOM track/did you hear from them before CDU/UCLA?

:oops: CDU/UCLA didn't notify you at all about your status?
Nope I just found out through SDN that I was rejected since the last interview date was in December. And no email or update and I submitted my secondary in august

I think it is in reference to the traditional track, or at least I'm hoping so! @JoyFairy back when you were on this crazy journey, did you also apply to the traditional DGSOM track/did you hear from them before CDU/UCLA?
Alas, I just applied to CDU/UCLA! Sorry, I can't be more helpful, other than to wish you luck!

• Care
Approximately 150, give or take a few, each year.