2022-2023 Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Was waitlisted literally earlier this week. Got a call from admissions about an hour ago.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe I sent a LOInterest in December but I haven't sent anything besides accepting my spot on the waitlist this week!
Did they give you a waitlist confirmation email after accepting the waitlist offer?

Did they give you a waitlist confirmation email after accepting the waitlist offer?
Nope! I noticed that the CYMS tool was already updated with my waitlist by the next day so that was how I confirmed it for myself.

Reactions: 1 user
What does it mean if I haven't heard from them after the interview?

Got accepted by the CDU MD program but never got an R from CDU/UCLA. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted by the CDU MD program but never got an R from CDU/UCLA. Does anyone know why this is the case?
They are separate admissions committees with results from one having no bearing on results from the other.

Also R's from CDU/UCLA tend to come near summer

Does Anybody know how the deans certification works for matriculated students? Is it from every college you've ever attended, or just the ones you got a degree from?

just the ones you got a degree from iirc

Does Anybody know how the deans certification works for matriculated students? Is it from every college you've ever attended, or just the ones you got a degree from?
Can you expand on what you're talking about? I've never heard of a Dean's Certification

Can you expand on what you're talking about? I've never heard of a Dean's Certification
If i remember correctly, part of the stuff you have to get prior to matriculation once you finally commit to a school is get a letter from the dean of the college you graduated from, essentially just stating you are in good standing to go to the medical school. its like one final check to make sure you dont have any red flags from the school.

If i remember correctly, part of the stuff you have to get prior to matriculation once you finally commit to a school is get a letter from the dean of the college you graduated from, essentially just stating you are in good standing to go to the medical school. its like one final check to make sure you dont have any red flags from the school.
I don't see this on any email from any school. I also don't see this on the UCLA or CDU portal.

I don't see this on any email from any school. I also don't see this on the UCLA or CDU portal.
Okay, I just went back through my emails. I'm unsure what he means by it as well. I had to get a Dean Evaluation prior to interviewing at one the schools, but that seems to be the only time I needed one.

I haven't heard back from this school at all. Is this just a silent rejection? I know some people got waitlisted it seems but I have heard nothing yet.

Any news? Wondering if they'll give any acceptances from here on out

Any news? Wondering if they'll give any acceptances from here on out
every day that passes, chances do get smaller, unfortunately. it looks like in past years that up to early and mid june, folks were withdrawing their spots for this school. so there will probably be very small movement over the coming weeks

Accepted off the waitlist about 3 hours ago! Notified via email. It’s not over guys!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
been ghosted since interview day and decided to withdraw my app as i will CTE for uc davis! good luck to everyone else on the WL and wish the incoming class the best of luck. i so badly wanted for this school to work out but i can no longer wait unfortunately

• Sad
Is there a Facebook group, discord, or group me for the class of 2027?