2013-2014 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Come on Rush let's gooooooooo! Trying to stay patient. Really hoping for good news here.

Last edited:
I know thats its early and stuff but I have an interview at cms on the 25th so I sent them an 'In the Area' email. I hope it goes over well...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received their secondary and I was not privy to this information before....

"The Committee on Admissions’ screening committee will review application materials to determine which applicants will be invited for an on-campus interview. To be eligible for screening, applications must meet certain academic criteria (i.e., a cumulative undergraduate science or a cumulative undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0 or higher—as calculated by AMCAS; composite MCAT score of 27 or higher—highest composite score). In addition, the Committee on Admissions also values healthcare experience, community service, and exposure to diverse cultures."

I have a 26..... Should I even try? are there any 26'ers and below actually an MS?

Just received their secondary and I was not privy to this information before....

"The Committee on Admissions’ screening committee will review application materials to determine which applicants will be invited for an on-campus interview. To be eligible for screening, applications must meet certain academic criteria (i.e., a cumulative undergraduate science or a cumulative undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0 or higher—as calculated by AMCAS; composite MCAT score of 27 or higher—highest composite score). In addition, the Committee on Admissions also values healthcare experience, community service, and exposure to diverse cultures."

I have a 26..... Should I even try? are there any 26'ers and below actually an MS?

It sounds like a very strict policy since it says that applications "must" meet certain academic criteria. Though I wouldn't submit the sec if I were you, you can try emailing them.

seems pretty clear cut, that sounds like an auto screen if ive ever seen one. if you apply i dont think your secondary will ever be seen by a human eye
the MSAR says rush's 10th percentile is 28, which means 27 could make up the 1-9 percent

Anyone else get an II today? So silent today. I'm starting to wonder if this was an accident. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
From my experience, Rush does not take 'in the area' emails into consideration for interview (just received an auto reply stating this).

II today! I'm told they JUST started shipping out II's the past few days. Hang in there!

They only interview once per week on Wednesdays and this is kind of a problem for me

Last edited:
II complete 7/20ish

OOS,31,3.9

Man, I was complete 7/10. Looks like I've been passed over. Passed over at UIC and on "hold" at Loyola. Rejected from UChicago. I'm seriously getting no love from Chicago. Hot damn.

Man, I was complete 7/10. Looks like I've been passed over. Passed over at UIC and on "hold" at Loyola. Rejected from UChicago. I'm seriously getting no love from Chicago. Hot damn.

What does getting passed over usually indicate? Does it mean a rejection is coming?

I don't know if this is necessarily true. I've received three interviews so far when I was presumably passed over

yea i agree, its still the beginning of september, schools first waves of interviews are going out, so if you dont get cherry picked it doesnt mean youve gotten rejected

some people will get passed over and rejected, but id say its a little early to say so

yea i agree, its still the beginning of september, schools first waves of interviews are going out, so if you dont get cherry picked it doesnt mean youve gotten rejected

some people will get passed over and rejected, but id say its a little early to say so

Just because the date you submitted has had people receive invitations doesn't mean you were passed over. Each school does it differently. Some might do some preliminary sorting unrelated to date. I would only say you are "passed over" if you are out on hold first. And generally if you get off hold its not for a long time.

Just because the date you submitted has had people receive invitations doesn't mean you were passed over. Each school does it differently. Some might do some preliminary sorting unrelated to date. I would only say you are "passed over" if you are out on hold first. And generally if you get off hold its not for a long time.

Does RMC do holds?

Does RMC do holds?

I think everyone does holds. But some places don't tell you. And some schools will put you on hold but they'll just reject you in April. No idea about RMC but I would expect them to have some sort of hold.

What does getting passed over usually indicate? Does it mean a rejection is coming?

It really doesn't mean anything. There was a LizzyM response about it forever ago. How they review apps can be random and is very dependent on the school. It does not have to be by date.

Congrats to those interviewing.

Rush M2 here-M2 is hard but I still love Rush and am very happy with my education.

What was your complete date if you do not mind me asking (And yes, I hate to be one of those people but I would love an II from Rush).

I was complete rather early - I submitted my Secondary 7/1. It wasn't complete until a bit afterwards when all of my letters were marked as complete (even though they were received to AMCAS far before that).

I believe that people complete after me received II's before.. I guess it's proof that even if others get II's and were complete after you, you're still in the game!

II here. complete first week of August. Stats on MDapps

What did the complete email say? On my status page, application complete is checked but has no date next to it. The last email I got said thanks for submitting, we'll now check to see if we have your letters. Is there another complete email people got after that one?

What did the complete email say? On my status page, application complete is checked but has no date next to it. The last email I got said thanks for submitting, we'll now check to see if we have your letters. Is there another complete email people got after that one?

I got an email after I submitted with the subject line "Rush Medical College: Your Application is Now Complete!"

The body of the email was:

We have processed your letters of recommendation and your application to Rush Medical College is now complete! The Committee on Admissions will screen completed applications for a potential interview invitation throughout the entire recruitment season. Be assured that we will notify you immediately, via email, if the Committee invites you for an on-campus interview. Interviews take place on our Recruitment Days (Wednesdays only), September through March. Please note the information in your AMCAS and Secondary applications is sufficient at this time. Should we need additional information, we will specifically request it from you.

Throughout the application cycle, we will send occasional emails providing you with additional information about Rush Medical College. You should also feel free to contact us via email at [email protected].

I got an email after I submitted with the subject line "Rush Medical College: Your Application is Now Complete!"

The body of the email was:

We have processed your letters of recommendation and your application to Rush Medical College is now complete! The Committee on Admissions will screen completed applications for a potential interview invitation throughout the entire recruitment season. Be assured that we will notify you immediately, via email, if the Committee invites you for an on-campus interview. Interviews take place on our Recruitment Days (Wednesdays only), September through March. Please note the information in your AMCAS and Secondary applications is sufficient at this time. Should we need additional information, we will specifically request it from you.

Throughout the application cycle, we will send occasional emails providing you with additional information about Rush Medical College. You should also feel free to contact us via email at [email protected].

Never got that one, despite having everything in a looong time ago. Ill email them, thank you.

Never got that one, despite having everything in a looong time ago. Ill email them, thank you.

I never got that email either...on the status page it says my application is complete though. Should I send them an email to make sure they have everything?

I never got that email either...on the status page it says my application is complete though. Should I send them an email to make sure they have everything?

i never got it either, status page says everythings complete

I emailed them. They have a new glitchy system this year, he told me. However, if your status page shows complete, you are complete.

I'm inclined to say yes.

Hey all! Rush m1 here. Don't sweat completion dates,. Just b/c you we're complete on a certain date doesn't means that you were "passed over" for an interview. This application game isn't over til about next April. Hang on, it's gonna be a long ride!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey all! Rush m1 here. Don't sweat completion dates,. Just b/c you we're complete on a certain date doesn't means that you were "passed over" for an interview. This application game isn't over til about next April. Hang on, it's gonna be a long ride!

Let me know if you have any questions!
Agree on the completion dates.. I was complete ridiculously early while others were getting II's and I eventually got one after many others have - interviewing here this Wednesday!

Can you explain a bit about why you eventually decided on Rush? I.e what set it apart for you?

To those of you interviewing this upcoming week, did you receive an email from Rush giving you additional details? I have not, and according to my II email, we were supposed to receive one this past Friday:

"On the Friday before your on-campus interview,
we will send specific instructions via email
for locating your Recruitm
ent Day home base room. "

To those of you interviewing this upcoming week, did you receive an email from Rush giving you additional details? I have not, and according to my II email, we were supposed to receive one this past Friday:

"On the Friday before your on-campus interview,
we will send specific instructions via email
for locating your Recruitm
ent Day home base room. "
I didn't get anything, was wondering about that.. Will likely email tomorrow.

If you hear anything let me know! Are you interviewing the 2nd?

Rush, I thought you were excited for me to fill out my secondary? It's been like months and I still haven't heard back from you. Do you just tell that to all the applicants!? I thought I was special... :cry:

Anyone hear anything lately? Seems like Rush is taking its time this year.