-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you got accepted today and declined? Or accepted earlier and just decided to withdraw? I was under the impression that they just formed the waitlist today and wouldn't accept anyone :O
I was accepted in April. Just today I withdrew my acceptance and wanted to let you all know.
so, uh...anyone just get an email informing us of a tuition increase?
I haven't been accepted yet so nope [emoji23] what does the email say? Their tuition for first year is already 56k right?so, uh...anyone just get an email informing us of a tuition increase?
the email doesn't specify what the increase is. and i'm at work so i can't check my student portal
it'd be...kind of lame if there were an unannounced tuition increase a week after the drop deadline
it'd be...kind of lame if there were an unannounced tuition increase a week after the drop deadline
Just checked the financial aid guide pdf again and it looks like tuition did go up. First year is 58.5k. I swear I thought it was 56k before but I might be wrong. Looks like tuition across the board is 55.3k nowthe email doesn't specify what the increase is. and i'm at work so i can't check my student portal
it'd be...kind of lame if there were an unannounced tuition increase a week after the drop deadline
Just accepted off the wait list! Don't lose heart 🙂
Just accepted off the wait list! Don't lose heart 🙂
+1!
Just accepted off the wait list! Don't lose heart 🙂
I did too just now! When you get accepted off the waitlist of any school, how long do they take to give you financial aid info?
where is this pdf? did they send it to us when we got accepted?Just checked the financial aid guide pdf again and it looks like tuition did go up. First year is 58.5k. I swear I thought it was 56k before but I might be wrong. Looks like tuition across the board is 55.3k now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats on acceptances off the waitlist! For those that were offered a position on the alternate list, did you get any confirmation email or status update on the portal when you accepted or turned down the position? I accepted alternate list position last week but didn't get any confirmation and when I just checked the page it says "We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521" Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or I didn't actually confirm my position..
It just brought me to the next page that said thanks or w/e, but no actual emailcongrats on acceptances off the waitlist! For those that were offered a position on the alternate list, did you get any confirmation email or status update on the portal when you accepted or turned down the position? I accepted alternate list position last week but didn't get any confirmation and when I just checked the page it says "We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521" Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or I didn't actually confirm my position..
On their website under financial aid guidewhere is this pdf? did they send it to us when we got accepted?
https://www.amc.edu/academic/Undergraduate/documents/2015-2016 Financial Aid Guide Revised March 2015.pdf
it says on page 32 that tuition is 55,485, has this changed somewhere else? (or were you including fees?)
it says on page 32 that tuition is 55,485, has this changed somewhere else? (or were you including fees?)
It just brought me to the next page that said thanks or w/e, but no actual email
when you go to your application portal and click alternate response form, does it say the same thing or something different? thanks
Yup that one. I was just including fees for the first year.https://www.amc.edu/academic/Undergraduate/documents/2015-2016 Financial Aid Guide Revised March 2015.pdf
it says on page 32 that tuition is 55,485, has this changed somewhere else? (or were you including fees?)
Says the same thing nowwhen you go to your application portal and click alternate response form, does it say the same thing or something different? thanks
Books, supplies, and equipment are basically zero. The only equipment you really need is a stethoscope, and I've spent under $100 on books this year.
plus that stupid laptop fee haha. heard people don't even use those laptops?
A handful of people in my class sold theirs or use something else like a Macbook. The image loaded onto them for our class was a little problematic, and people had problems with them not waking up from sleep properly and stuff like that. If you get the drivers and BIOS updated you're fine. A fair number of people have had problems with the screens. They're good machines, though... long battery life, thin and light, excellent keyboard, fast, etc. I put an SSD in mine (they came with hard drives, inexplicably) and a few classmates'. Much faster with the SSD.
I would never have spent so much on a laptop, but I'm happy I did. I love mine.
Wow, so I guess I missed the first wave of acceptances. Congrats to those accepted. AMC is an awesome school!
I'm sure there are more to come! It's only May!
Also accepted this morning via email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You shouldn't, no. I didn't have any problems with it last year.
yes and i will probably be turning down the acceptance in favo
Nah I don't think we can assume that... Regardless there will definitely be more open spots. For example, I'm going to withdraw too! If that helpsIs it safe to assume that this morning's wave of acceptances was to fill up the 143 class completely? Now the only way to get accepted is if someone withdraws? It's gonna be a long daunting waiting game haha
Dumb question -- did everyone receive the Certiphi background check email after being accepted? I'm trying to figure out if I received that email because of Albany or another school. Thanks!
I got mine this morning. You most likely got it due to Albany.Dumb question -- did everyone receive the Certiphi background check email after being accepted? I'm trying to figure out if I received that email because of Albany or another school. Thanks!
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of as well because it looks like they accepted a lot of people (counting what goes on behind the scenes of this site), but who knows? I think it's basically up to luck at this point. Hopefully, we'll both get in 🙂.Is it safe to assume that this morning's wave of acceptances was to fill up the 143 class completely? Now the only way to get accepted is if someone withdraws? It's gonna be a long daunting waiting game haha
Congrats!AHHHHHHHHH I just got accepted 😀 omg first MD acceptance ever!!! I wasn't even expecting it at all cause I thought they released acceptances every Monday
AHHHHHHHHH I just got accepted 😀 omg first MD acceptance ever!!! I wasn't even expecting it at all cause I thought they released acceptances every Monday
Congrats! Mind posting your stats and when you interviewed?
Congrats! Mind posting your stats and when you interviewed?
I interviewed back in October, was UC the whole time until last week when I AR'd.
OOS, 3.8gpa, 30 mcat
Congrats!!! Now show me some love AMC!AHHHHHHHHH I just got accepted 😀 I wasn't even expecting it at all cause I thought they released acceptances every Monday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind posting your stats and date interviewedAccepted this morning from the alternate list! Interviewed in early April.
Does anyone think there will be anymore movement on the waitlist?
According to last years thread they were still posting acceptances up until mid June. There"s still hope and Facebook page is only at 123Does anyone think there will be anymore movement on the waitlist?
Last year there was an acceptance in August, I think. The longer it goes the worse it looks though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K