-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It can't hurt.The only update I have for them is a transcript/grades update from this semester. Is that worthy of an update email @Doctor Strange ?? Would really like to interview here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably just gonna email admissions.how are you guys sending your updates?
Thanks!!! I did send an update on 11/13, so quite a bit of gap between update and interview invite...not sure if that means anything...
I sent an update letter and got an II in < 3 days. I was really surprised by the fast turnaround. don't hesitate to send one! people at Jefferson's admissions office seem really nice 🙂
Hi, echoing the previous question, did you guys send the update through email to the admissions? Thanks!
I sent mine to the general admissions email, didn't cc brooks or callahanHi, echoing the previous question, did you guys send the update through email to the admissions? Thanks!
Thank you! Did you send it in the body of the email or as a word document attachment?I sent mine to the general admissions email, didn't cc brooks or callahan
Thank you! Did you send it in the body of the email or as a word document attachment?
I would CC both deans.
Format depends on the length. Absolutely do not attach as a .doc. If it's ~1 page (max it should be), then attach it as a PDF with your name and AMCAS ID on top. If it's shorter, the body will probably suffice.
I would CC both deans.
Format depends on the length. Absolutely do not attach as a .doc. If it's ~1 page (max it should be), then attach it as a PDF with your name and AMCAS ID on top. If it's shorter, the body will probably suffice.
I attached mine as a .doc Word document and received an II, so.... it's not really a steadfast rule.
In general it's better to attach any professional document as a file that cannot be edited.
Edit: And can be opened as a stand alone.
Edit: And can be opened as a stand alone.
Last edited:
I attached mine as a .doc Word document and received an II, so.... it's not really a steadfast rule.
Do you really think that adcoms refuse to interview people who attach updates as word documents?
You should really never send anything as a .doc, in general. It's far less professional, it's editable and it requires the person on the other side having a word processor running.
That doesn't mean you're not going to get into medical school if that's what you did. In the end, it most certainly has no legitimate effect.. it's just professional practice.
In general it's better to attach any professional document as a file that cannot be edited.
Do you really think that adcoms refuse to interview people who attach updates as word documents?
You should really never send anything as a .doc, in general. It's far less professional, it's editable and it requires the person on the other side having a word processor running.
That doesn't mean you're not going to get into medical school if that's what you did. In the end, it most certainly has no legitimate effect.. it's just professional practice.
Ok, thank you for this - I was unaware of this custom. Makes sense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II late last night. Complete since late July. No updates at all.
For anyone still waiting, don't lose hope yet!
Stapphhhh you're giving me hopeeee!
II just now (11:46 pm) for late January! I was complete early September. And I did send an update around mid-December.
Good luck to everyone!! 🙂
Yeah but was it in PDF format?
...jk
When is the next round of decisions supposed to come out?
II last night! Complete September 1. Don't lose hope yet!
When were u complete?
I know it's listed somewhere in the prior 18 pages, but does Jeff reject pre-interview or am I left to wander aimlessly in secondary purgatory until April?
Edit: I was complete 8/31 so I figure I've been passed over.
Edit: I was complete 8/31 so I figure I've been passed over.
PurgatoryI know it's listed somewhere in the prior 18 pages, but does Jeff reject pre-interview or am I left to wander aimlessly in secondary purgatory until April?
Edit: I was complete 8/31 so I figure I've been passed over.
September 1When were u complete?
Are these II's coming by way of e-mail or portal updates?
When is the next round of decisions supposed to come out?
^ THAT!!!
Are these II's coming by way of e-mail or portal updates?
Email. I think my portal probably updated soon afterwards though and now the interview status says "interview offered."
Email. I think my portal probably updated soon afterwards though and now the interview status says "interview offered."
It was the other way around for me - when I received my II, I was checking all my application portals and noticed that Jeff had updated my portal with "Interview Offered" and the interview date around 4 PM. Then, I received the formal email around 11 PM that night.
Anyone holding onto the waitlist/hpwl? One thing I've been thinking about is if we get pulled off and accepted in May, how readily available will financial aid info be? Not sure how much time you have to respond to an offer without financial aid info. Regardless, it's gonna be a long time till may.
Accepted as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
High priority WL. I'll take it! 😀
Congrats to the already accepted!
Congrats to the already accepted!
Sending my update letter tonight, f*** I reallly want a shot here.
Rejected today pre-II. Complete 9/9.
Best of luck to everyone
Best of luck to everyone
Bummer, but it looked like you had some good news today as well!!Rejected pre-II via email
Rejected pre ii. Complete late August. Good luck everyone!
I thought Jefferson doesn't reject pre-interview?
That's.. new.
Uh oh, pls dun hurt mi Jeff.That's.. new.
That's.. new.
My decision for an interview is still pending. Maybe there is still a chance for me? Been complete since mid july?
My decision for an interview is still pending. Maybe there is still a chance for me? Been complete since mid july?
I'm in the exact same boat...I think we've reached the point where no news is good news....
I certainly hope so lol
I'm in the exact same boat...I think we've reached the point where no news is good news....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, I don't think anyone can tell at this point.
Jefferson has traditionally not rejected pre-II and just left things until the end of the cycle. They've clearly changed things up this year and it's not my place to speculate why.
Good luck to those who are still having their application reviewed
Jefferson has traditionally not rejected pre-II and just left things until the end of the cycle. They've clearly changed things up this year and it's not my place to speculate why.
Good luck to those who are still having their application reviewed
I'm also in the same boat...hoping it's the better boat to be in at this point!I'm in the exact same boat...I think we've reached the point where no news is good news....
Accepted as well!
ACCEPTED!!!!
Congratulations! When did you interview?
Hey everyone,
I submitted my application a while ago and haven't heard back in a long time (I'm a Canadian). I've been offered 2 interviews elsewhere but I still want to interview at as many places possible. I'd love to be interviewed here but I'm losing hope. Should I send a letter of interest?
I submitted my application a while ago and haven't heard back in a long time (I'm a Canadian). I've been offered 2 interviews elsewhere but I still want to interview at as many places possible. I'd love to be interviewed here but I'm losing hope. Should I send a letter of interest?
I'm also in the same boat...hoping it's the better boat to be in at this point!
Obviously it's better to still be in the running..
No-one really knows what the deal is though. They traditionally haven't rejected pre-II so this is entirely new to everyone.
Congratulations! When did you interview?
Jeff gets back within a few weeks.. most of the time even a week or two later. It's very rare that people don't hear back for 4+ weeks.. and it has nothing to do with quality of the applicant or whatever. Basically, it all depends on when your interviewer attends a weekly admissions meeting. If they go the next week, you'll hear that Wednesday. If they are really busy and can't go for a few weeks, you'll hear back on the Wednesday a few weeks later. After some period of time, if your interviewer still can't make it, a proxy will serve in their stead.
Basically: there's no info to glean from when someone interviewed. Applicants are informed of decisions immediately after the preliminary decision is made. These range from accepted, high-priority wait list, regular wait list and rejection. You don't see many rejected post-II but they definitely utilize the HPWL option.
Hey everyone,
I submitted my application a while ago and haven't heard back in a long time (I'm a Canadian). I've been offered 2 interviews elsewhere but I still want to interview at as many places possible. I'd love to be interviewed here but I'm losing hope. Should I send a letter of interest?
Supposedly, a letter of interest doesn't mean much to adcoms before you interview. I would absolutely send an update letter if you have somethings to update the committee on.. and you should definitely include in there your specific reasons for wanting to attend (or learn more about) Jefferson.
Also, not hearing back in a long time isn't unusual. They employ multiple reviews of applications.. so it's very possible to get an interview months after you submit. As far as I know, they are still working on filling interview dates in February so there's a long time to go since we interview into April.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K