2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was a restricted of some sort. i think it said no caller ID iirc.
Thank you! I am really paranoid because I missed a call yesterday cause I was in class and I never receive calls unless from family members. No message was left.
 
Thank you! I am really paranoid because I missed a call yesterday cause I was in class and I never receive calls unless from family members. No message was left.

They would have left a message telling you to call them back (and that they had good news).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks guys! A few questions about my upcoming interview...

TRAVEL
- does the day normally end at or before 4pm? I have an exam on Thursday and need to get back to California that night so i'm booking the earliest evening flight.
- are there convenient taxis near the campus to get to the airport?
- I'm staying near UPenn and my dad is driving in to get dinner with me. any suggestions?

SKMC
- do they discuss CwiC? Any current MS1s doing it?
- any current students with spouses? I see they have a group for them.
- I know it's trite, but is the class still open or is this waitlist territory?
 
Hey guys,

Just got a call from Dr. Brooks about a last minute cancellation for tomorrow and she offered me the open II spot! Any information on what I can expect would be awesome! I know Jefferson works really hard to have a low-stress interview day. But I'd still love to hear what you all have to say!

Thanks in advance!
 
See what I wrote below in bold. I can only confidently answer two of your questions.

Thanks guys! A few questions about my upcoming interview...

TRAVEL
- does the day normally end at or before 4pm? I have an exam on Thursday and need to get back to California that night so i'm booking the earliest evening flight.
For My interview day I was done before 4:00. I think cookie hr started at 3:00 and you could leave anytime (though I was advised by my student host that I should go chat with Dr. Callahan and Dr. Brooks for them to get to know my face)
- are there convenient taxis near the campus to get to the airport?
- I'm staying near UPenn and my dad is driving in to get dinner with me. any suggestions?

SKMC
- do they discuss CwiC? Any current MS1s doing it?
- any current students with spouses? I see they have a group for them.
- I know it's trite, but is the class still open or is this waitlist territory?
Definitely not wait list territory (as stated by Dr. Callahan herself). April has just much of a chance as August!

Congrats and Good Luck!
 
Thanks guys! A few questions about my upcoming interview...

TRAVEL
- does the day normally end at or before 4pm? I have an exam on Thursday and need to get back to California that night so i'm booking the earliest evening flight.
- are there convenient taxis near the campus to get to the airport?
- I'm staying near UPenn and my dad is driving in to get dinner with me. any suggestions?

SKMC
- do they discuss CwiC? Any current MS1s doing it?
- any current students with spouses? I see they have a group for them.
- I know it's trite, but is the class still open or is this waitlist territory?
1. Cookie Hour officially ends at 4PM. You are free to leave before that, but I would be sure to make some face time with both Dr. Callahan and Dr. Brooks. Also take this unique opportunity to talk to students that will be there (tons show up).
2. There are a bunch of taxis around Jefferson. It shouldn't be a problem. You can also take the airport regional rail line from Jefferson Station.
3. Strangelove's on 11th between Walnut and Locust is great. Moriarty's is a favorite Jefferson hangout. If you're into chicken wings, I would definitely give these a try. Varga Bar at 10th and Spruce is also a solid choice (especially if your dad is treating you).
4. The class still has spots. We do not interview for waitlist spots.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to say to all those who got recent IIs, had my interview today and it was such a stress free experience. I had two great and friendly interviewers and honestly the students all came of as people I would love to hang out with. And even third and fourth years popped around to say hi and chatted with us about the school. Point is, you're gonna have a great day!

Good luck to us all!
 
kinda sorta got an II monday as well!

as we know, SKMC seems very receptive to updates. If you're an interested student who hasn't sent an update in the past two months, I would definitely go for it!

expecting a call to schedule soon. Good luck to all!
 
Did any acceptance calls go out yesterday?

Also, I interviewed last week and didn't get to stay for cookie hour. I was going to send Dr. Callahan a quick email saying that I wish I could have stuck around to chat and I just wanted to thank her for such a great interview day. I got kind of busy and didn't remember to send it, though. Would that even have been a good idea in the first place? And now that it's a week later would it just be weird to do that? Maybe @Doctor Strange can weigh in?
 
Did any acceptance calls go out yesterday?

Also, I interviewed last week and didn't get to stay for cookie hour. I was going to send Dr. Callahan a quick email saying that I wish I could have stuck around to chat and I just wanted to thank her for such a great interview day. I got kind of busy and didn't remember to send it, though. Would that even have been a good idea in the first place? And now that it's a week later would it just be weird to do that? Maybe @Doctor Strange can weigh in?
Doesn't matter. If you really have those sentiments, then go ahead and send it as simply an expression of your gratitude. It's not going to help/hurt you, in my opinion.
 
Man, I'm going to be traveling a little bit in the near future and hoping that they can still accommodate my kinda sorta II if I have a conflict.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious, what do you guys/gals mean by "kinda sorta" getting an II? That you're invited but they still need to find a spot to stick you in somewhere?

I sent in an update in the morning and then got an email from Callahan in the evening saying that I should expect a call to schedule an interview in the next few days. Call me maybe?!
 
I sent in an update in the morning and then got an email from Callahan in the evening saying that I should expect a call to schedule an interview in the next few days. Call me maybe?!
This is essentially how it happened with me too! I haven't scheduled it yet, though.

Edit: Just checked and my portal says "Interview to be Scheduled" now too 🙂
 
Missed a call from a 215 (Philadelphia area code) on Wednesday. I just assumed it was a telemarketer or something unimportant........it doesn't match there admissions number though. Did you guys receive calls from the admissions number located on their website? Just because I missed a call......if it was this school they would email me and give me the invite right? Hoping that the number was them!
 
Me!!! And @CyrilFiggis!!!

I just switched my interview to that date. Are you guys coming in on the 17th? I might be staying at home ~45 mins away so not sure how I'm going to play things (might steal my parents car!), but I'd be down to meet up.

I'll be around for a few days after hanging with my folks so if anyone is up to get dinner on the 17th or on the 18th let me know.

Now to rebook my flights! EEP!
 
I just switched my interview to that date. Are you guys coming in on the 17th? I might be staying at home ~45 mins away so not sure how I'm going to play things (might steal my parents car!), but I'd be down to meet up.

I'll be around for a few days after hanging with my folks so if anyone is up to get dinner on the 17th or on the 18th let me know.

Now to rebook my flights! EEP!
Me!!! And @CyrilFiggis!!!


i7MtzbIdR4EYj.gif
 
Next week's travel schedule is going to be nuckin' futs.

I'm going to go to jeff tues, come back weds, then fly home fri, come back mon. Then fly out for vacation the following week. Hah!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But seriously, if a group of you wants to grab a beer Tuesday evening, let me know. I'd be happy to talk.
I'd be totally down, but I doubt I'll get to town before 8.

This would be dope, we should make it happen. My flight lands in philly at 1:30pm on Tuesday so I have a bunch of time to kill that afternoon/evening.

Ah screw it, if you're down earlier and want to hang I'll get in around 4-5. I'll just drag my ass to work earlier in the morning so I can get a few hours in. Have you ever been to the Mutter museum?
 
Just bought my train ticket from beantown. I'll be getting in around 5, so totally down to meet up for dinner and drinks.

@Doctor Strange, you better come hang!