2014-2015 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was interviewed and accepted with a similar c/sGPA, a little higher of an mcat, and similar volunteering hours. I think the biggest red flag would be your mcat, since the average mcat for Loyola is ~31. However, Loyola is known for looking at more than just your mcat/gpa, so I definitely wouldn't rule this school out. I think the secondary is extremely important for this particular school, so I would spend a good amount of time drafting responses that show Loyola how you fit their mission (they are Jesuit and focus a lot on giving back to the underserved). Both my interviews were focused on my secondary responses, and I really feel like my secondary answers and interview helped me get past my average mcat/gpa. Loyola does require 2 science LORs + 1 non-science LOR, so you would need to get another academic letter from a science professor. PM if you want more detailed numbers/ ECs :) Good luck!
Bubbles do you mind sharing your Mcat

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)