2014-2015 Quinnipiac University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary with three letters because the fourth wasn't ready yet; my fourth letter just marked as received by AMCAS. Others with a similar situation, did you contact the admissions office to inform them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right after I sumbmitted, I got an email that said :

"Thank you for submitting your completed secondary application to the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University"

That was the last I heard (7/7) before invite today.

thanks!
 
congrats everyone! I can't even submit my secondary (let alone be complete) until my school writes my committee letter... they told us they would be done in mid July but no update since early July 🙁
 
Im not sure if this was posted earlier but you can submit your application as long as the letters have been designated to be sent to Quinnipac through AMCAS.

Of course the application will not be complete until the letters have been received. Hope this helps!
Sorry, I'm still confused about this. I'm sending in a committee letter that won't be sent out until August-- can I still submit my application? Because it doesn't seem like I can on my application. I'm a little confused when you say "the letters have been designated to be sent to Q. through AMCAS"... I mean, my committee letter will be sent to AMCAS so yeah. Sorry if this is totally confusing 🙁
 
Sorry, I'm still confused about this. I'm sending in a committee letter that won't be sent out until August-- can I still submit my application? Because it doesn't seem like I can on my application. I'm a little confused when you say "the letters have been designated to be sent to Q. through AMCAS"... I mean, my committee letter will be sent to AMCAS so yeah. Sorry if this is totally confusing 🙁

What I mean by "designated" is that you have to specifically choose to have the committee letter sent to all the schools. So, when you're on AMCAS you click the medical school tab and through the "edit" function you select what letters for each school. As long as you have added your committee letter to AMCAS you should be able to designate, even if its not sent in yet. Does that make sense? PM me if you're still having issues and I'll try to walk you through it
 
Secondary received today. 3.0 uGPA, 3.8gGPA, 38 MCAT. Happy I made it past the screen, definitely one of my top choices.
Do you mind sharing when your AMCAS was verified? I wanna get an idea of how long it takes to get the secondary. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same. committee taking FOREVER with my letter, I've been ready for 2 weeks to submit
FWIW I submitted without my letters earlier in the month and my committee just uploaded my letters on Wednesday. I was marked complete yesterday. I don't think it matters that much if you submit your secondary before your letters are in.
 
FWIW I submitted without my letters earlier in the month and my committee just uploaded my letters on Wednesday. I was marked complete yesterday. I don't think it matters that much if you submit your secondary before your letters are in.
weird, it doesn't let me submit w/o my letters. I called in and they said that was just the way it was set up, and nothing I could do but wait
 
I couldn't submit in explorer, but was able to submit in firefox after the lady I emailed about it said to go ahead and submit even though my letter isn't in yet.
 
I couldn't submit in explorer, but was able to submit in firefox after the lady I emailed about it said to go ahead and submit even though my letter isn't in yet.
ugh I tried everything BUT firefox. will try again I guess. at this point I hope it doesn't look terrible because it's been nearly 4 weeks since receipt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad