2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never mind! Just got an email! Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Dream school- been complete since 8/5 and heard nothing :( silent rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Rush accepts updates prior to II?

II today. Complete since mid August and thought they forgot about me!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Rush accepts updates prior to II?

I emailed them this week and this is what they replied:

"Once an application is submitted we have no mechanism to accept and update information. If you are invited for an interview, you can bring this update and share any other relevant information. Thank you, and thank you for your interest in Rush Medical College."

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them this week and this is what they replied:

"Once an application is submitted we have no mechanism to accept and update information. If you are invited for an interview, you can bring this update and share any other relevant information. Thank you, and thank you for your interest in Rush Medical College."

Ah, too bad. Thanks for the info!

Update... Interviewed 10/29 and just rejected. Speedy turn around! I can only laugh and think i must have interviewed pretty poorly that day given their high acceptance rate post interview. Wishing the rest of you better luck!

Accepted too! Pretty quick turn around, about 2 weeks!

Has anyone who interviewed on October 15 heard back? They said to expect an email within three weeks, and I wanted to ask since today marks the third week. Thanks!

Interviewd 10/23 and heard back 11/7. However, I do not know what determines an early or late response. Keep your head up! Best of luck!

Anyone think it's worth it to apply to rush? I got an urm letter thing to complete the secondary. Lol. Truth is I really like rush but heard they don't interview ppl with mcat <27 soi ended up not completing the secondary. Let me know what you think?

Anyone think it's worth it to apply to rush? I got an urm letter thing to complete the secondary. Lol. Truth is I really like rush but heard they don't interview ppl with mcat <27 soi ended up not completing the secondary. Let me know what you think?
They said they screen out secondaries with sub-3.0 GPA and sub-27 MCATs on the actual secondary invite

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone think it's worth it to apply to rush? I got an URM letter thing to complete the secondary. Lol. Truth is I really like rush but heard they don't interview people with mcat <27 so I ended up not completing the secondary. Let me know what you think?
I got thesame thing today as well. And I didn't submit their secondary for thesame reason. I also took a second look at their website and it says the school seeks to increase its diversity with URM groups and that the holistic review of applications allows admission to identify areas that would allow them fulfill that purpose. I'm guessing that means "yea we said minimum of 27, but we wont be too stringent since you're URM". Either way, I really don't feel like spending another $90 on supplemental only to be rejected.

anyone been complete since august with silence ? :(

Reactions: 9 users
II yesterday. Completed August 10th.
Forgive my ignorance but the II is the supplemental application, correct? Or do they send another set? If it is, I've been complete since 9/2 and haven't heard anything yet. :(

Forgive my ignorance but the II is the supplemental application, correct? Or do they send another set? If it is, I've been complete since 9/2 and haven't heard anything yet. :(
Dude, for the longest time, I knew that "II" indicated an interview, but always pronounced it in my head as: "I've received an 'two' " and only recently figured it out. :smack:

II this week. Complete early August. December interview dates available.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah same here. I was complete mid-ish august. Looks like they're going back over older files or they're just getting there. The latter would be scary!

Yeah same here. I was complete mid-ish august. Looks like they're going back over older files or they're just getting there. The latter would be scary!

My LORs weren't submmitted to AMCAS until mid-August and I interviewed here a few weeks ago. Unless they don't review in the same order received, the former is more likely the case.

I absolutely loved Rush when I visited so I hope you get the chance to check it out and interview!

post-interview decision today. i interviewed 11/12. good luck to everyone else still in the running! rush is a great school and you will have so many opportunities to be exposed to serving community who definitely deserves and needs healthcare.

Anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything for accepted/matriculating students?

Does Rush do silent rejections? Complete here mid august and total silence.... I almost forgot I even applied

Reactions: 1 users
Does Rush do silent rejections? Complete here mid august and total silence.... I almost forgot I even applied
I think so. I applied two years ago and the first I heard from them was in like march with a rejection

So then...it's not a silent rejection...
Oh...perhaps I misunderstood. I took silent rejection to mean they don't communicate with you until the very end of the cycle and just sort of string you along silently until then. Anyways, I was just trying to be helpful!

Oh...perhaps I misunderstood. I took silent rejection to mean they don't communicate with you until the very end of the cycle and just sort of string you along silently until then. Anyways, I was just trying to be helpful!
Sorry if I came off rude! I just always figured silent rejections were just complete silence from the school even at the end of the cycle! oh well!

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry if I came off rude! I just always figured silent rejections were just complete silence from the school even at the end of the cycle! oh well!
A school will always eventually inform you it's over. So, a silent rejection is usually considered no word until late winter/spring. That's they way I use the term anyway.

A school will always eventually inform you it's over. So, a silent rejection is usually considered no word until late winter/spring. That's they way I use the term anyway.

Not to be argumentative but, a good friend of mine heard nothing from two of the twenty-ish schools he applied to last year. He even called prior to accepting his offer and was told that they'd get back to him with a decision of some sort. They never did. The two schools were Loyola and UIC, if I remember correctly.

Not to be argumentative but, a good friend of mine heard nothing from two of the twenty-ish schools he applied to last year. He even called prior to accepting his offer and was told that they'd get back to him with a decision of some sort. They never did. The two schools were Loyola and UIC, if I remember correctly.
+1. There are definitely schools that do true silent rejections.

Just got waitlisted unfortunately. Does anyone know how the waitlist at Rush works? Really hoping for an acceptance!

Accepted!!! That make 7 acceptances, 2 waitlists, and 1 rejection. My journey has now come to a close and it's time to make a decision. For anyone interviewing here or on the fence about interviewing...I strongly suggest going to the interview. I was already accepted into 5 schools prior to attending this interview and considered not going and withdrawing my application, but I am glad I did not. This is probably where I will be next year. This school had the best set up I have seen so far.

I wish everyone the best along this journey. I come from nothing and have now worked my way into making it into medical school. Never quit trying to survive and NEVER QUIT pursuing your dreams.

Reactions: 7 users
+1. There are definitely schools that do true silent rejections.
I didn't know...thanks for the info!
Regardless though, the game is over if you haven't been offered an interview by February...which is when most schools complete their last interviews. Silence by that point is a silent rejection, that's all I'm saying.

Loyola sends out letters of rejection via snail mail. I wish I didnt know that fact...

Accepted!!! That make 7 acceptances, 2 waitlists, and 1 rejection. My journey has now come to a close and it's time to make a decision. For anyone interviewing here or on the fence about interviewing...I strongly suggest going to the interview. I was already accepted into 5 schools prior to attending this interview and considered not going and withdrawing my application, but I am glad I did not. This is probably where I will be next year. This school had the best set up I have seen so far.

I wish everyone the best along this journey. I come from nothing and have now worked my way into making it into medical school. Never quit trying to survive and NEVER QUIT pursuing your dreams.

To have only one rejection is amazing, congrats! That being said, I was on the fence for this interview after enjoying my Loyola interview so much the day before. Rush seems like a great school with great hospitals to support it, but honestly I just couldn't find anything that I particularly loved about it. I still decided to interview though because I thought I had nothing else to lose...and then of course I get a rejection email. The irony...was the interview worth it? I suppose it was good practice (dealt with a pretty tough interviewer), but it also cost me some confidence points haha.

AcceptedI! Interviewed 11/5! Love this school! I will probably end up here :)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the second look day is?

Does anyone know how receptive they are to in the area requests? I will be at Rosalind Franklin next week and was wondering if I could kill 2 birds with one stone on that trip. Thanks!

Does anyone know how receptive they are to in the area requests? I will be at Rosalind Franklin next week and was wondering if I could kill 2 birds with one stone on that trip. Thanks!

Wondering that same thing...

Withdrew from my interview spot on January 14th! Good luck everyone!

IS, been complete since 8/12 and no news yet. Anyone experiencing a similar wait?