You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Silent since 8/29, OOS. So, sort of?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+3 nothing since July. Hopefully there are interview seats left...
+4 I'm sure there are seats left.+3 nothing since July. Hopefully there are interview seats left...
Has anyone received a pre-interview rejection?
IS, nothing since July. So bummed. I really want an interview here 🙁
Is there a second look day for Rush?
Yes, in the springIs there a second look day for Rush?
does rush accept update letters pre-interview? sorry if this was already asked. i searched but couldn't find anything!
nothing since august...
IS waitlisted..really liked it there! Sure hope they take a second look at me!
Has anyone from the 12/10 interview date heard back yet? I think they were trying to get decisions out before the Holidays.
Merry Christmas.
I interviewed this day as well. I'm pretty sure they said we are supposed to hear back before the new year, so it will likely be this week.
Just got the acceptance email, interviewed 12/10. Good luck to everyone else, and happy new year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted as well! Good luck to everyone. Happy new year indeed.
II on 12/30
Nice!! When did you submit your secondary?
Totally thought I was silently rejected. Secondary submitted 7/12 II today
does rush accept update letters pre-interview? sorry if this was already asked. i searched but couldn't find anything!
Did you find out? I'm thinking of sending my updated transcript
Did you find out? I'm thinking of sending my updated transcript
They do not unfortunately 🙁 ....I emailed them a while back and asked. This was the response:
once an application is submitted we have no mechanism to accept and update information. If you are invited for an interview, you can bring this update and share any other relevant information. Thank you, and thank you for your interest in Rush Medical College.
😵 I sent one a few months ago and they said it was added to my "folder"!They do not unfortunately 🙁 ....I emailed them a while back and asked. This was the response:
once an application is submitted we have no mechanism to accept and update information. If you are invited for an interview, you can bring this update and share any other relevant information. Thank you, and thank you for your interest in Rush Medical College.
They do not unfortunately 🙁 ....I emailed them a while back and asked. This was the response:
once an application is submitted we have no mechanism to accept and update information. If you are invited for an interview, you can bring this update and share any other relevant information. Thank you, and thank you for your interest in Rush Medical College.
Ok, thank you. I think I'm being silently rejected anyway...
😵 I sent one a few months ago and they said it was added to my "folder"!
That's confusing, hmm... I was talking about pre-interview updates, maybe yours was post-interview?
Or they just really like you 🙂
No pre-II, yeah at this point I'm not holding my breath either!That's confusing, hmm... I was talking about pre-interview updates, maybe yours was post-interview?
Or they just really like you 🙂
😵 I sent one a few months ago and they said it was added to my "folder"!
Well dang Rush that ain't cool. Glad you got through though and good luck!
Accepted, interviewed 12/17, very excited
6
632460
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on an II. 34, 3.62. Amped about Rush in general.
Those were pretty much my exact stats. Good luck to you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was completed in August and haven't heard a word from them since. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
II this morning. Complete oh I don't know a thousand years ago.
Just wondering, what were ur stats?II this morning. Complete oh I don't know a thousand years ago.
Received an email today thanking me for interviewing at Rush and asking me to complete a survey on the interview day experience.
Seeing that I never even received an interview invite, I think I'll reply back thanking them for forgoing the interview and articulating my hopes of a de facto acceptance.
Seeing that I never even received an interview invite, I think I'll reply back thanking them for forgoing the interview and articulating my hopes of a de facto acceptance.

Received an email today thanking me for interviewing at Rush and asking me to complete a survey on the interview day experience.
Seeing that I never even received an interview invite, I think I'll reply back thanking them for forgoing the interview and articulating my hopes of a de facto acceptance.![]()
I received the same email.
What do you make of it? Perhaps they meant to send a batch of interview invites but instead sent interview surveys? At least I hope that's what happened....
I received the same email.
What do you make of it? Perhaps they meant to send a batch of interview invites but instead sent interview surveys? At least I hope that's what happened....
Well, brother, I checked my portal and no interview tab has appeared. So I'm going to go ahead and assume it was simply a glitch sent to long-gone pioneers of medicine.
Well, dang. I didn't get an email. 🙁I received the same email.
What do you make of it? Perhaps they meant to send a batch of interview invites but instead sent interview surveys? At least I hope that's what happened....
6
632460
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Complete since 8/27 and still nothing at all.....silent rejection?
Yeah, I looked a bit through the thread and didn't see any rejections. Does anyone know for sure if RUSH silently rejects?
II this morning. Complete oh I don't know a thousand years ago.
When were you actually complete?
have they done silent rejections in the past? And do IIs tend to go out on Mondays or does it vary?
Last edited:
II today!! Very excited.
Anyone who has interviewed here this season have any tips, things to prepare for, etc.?
Anyone who has interviewed here this season have any tips, things to prepare for, etc.?
Care to share stats and when you were complete?II today!! Very excited.
Anyone who has interviewed here this season have any tips, things to prepare for, etc.?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure! 30 MCAT, 3.64 overall GPA, 3.58 BCPM GPA. I've got pretty strong extracurriculars I think- ER scribe, psychology/neuroscience research, teaching assistant, etc. Submitted my supplemental app on 7/22.
+1 for II, been complete since July. Look at my MDapps for stats and EC's.II today!! Very excited.
Anyone who has interviewed here this season have any tips, things to prepare for, etc.?
II today!! Very excited.
Anyone who has interviewed here this season have any tips, things to prepare for, etc.?
Usual stuff: study everything about the school and your app...They are very into community service and are looking for applicants who share that mindset. https://rcsipclinics.wordpress.com/about-2/ This site outlines some of those community service projects. I would be familiar with them. Interview was laid back and the whole day was very well run, you could tell the admissions dept was on the ball. Good Luck.
Yeahh I remember that their supplemental app had a lot of questions related to community service. Thanks for the tip!Usual stuff: study everything about the school and your app...They are very into community service and are looking for applicants who share that mindset. https://rcsipclinics.wordpress.com/about-2/ This site outlines some of those community service projects. I would be familiar with them. Interview was laid back and the whole day was very well run, you could tell the admissions dept was on the ball. Good Luck.
Does anyone know when second look will be?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K