-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hey when did they send you the II invite? and if you do not mind can you please send your stats?just got an e-mail...waitlisted. interviewed 1/7
hey when did they send you the II invite? and if you do not mind can you please send your stats?
Submit my secondary some time in early December, got the II on the Dec. 29th, LizzyM 70
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow that awesome!! You submitted in Dec. and basically heard back in 3 weeks. If you dont mind what are your stats and are you non-traditional?Submit my secondary some time in early December, got the II on the Dec. 29th, LizzyM 70
Any advice for an upcoming interview? Really excited to come see the school as it's one of my top choices!
Also for those who are curious, I was complete early September and received an II less than a week ago—so there's still hope! 🙂
Also for those who are curious, I was complete early September and received an II less than a week ago—so there's still hope! 🙂
Hey thats when I submitted mine so hopefully soon 🙂 btw could you please list your stats?Any advice for an upcoming interview? Really excited to come see the school as it's one of my top choices!
Also for those who are curious, I was complete early September and received an II less than a week ago—so there's still hope! 🙂
Any advice for an upcoming interview? Really excited to come see the school as it's one of my top choices!
Also for those who are curious, I was complete early September and received an II less than a week ago—so there's still hope! 🙂
Relax and be yourself. The interviews are laid back. Know the school and why you're a good fit (your values, goals, experiences).
I loved their interview day, so enjoy it!
Hey thats when I submitted mine so hopefully soon 🙂 btw could you please list your stats?
Im OOS, non URM, traditional applicant and have like a LizzyM of ~66 with pretty standard ECs
D
deleted380953
Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
+1
Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
+1. Would love an opportunity to interview at Rush!
Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
Complete since early July. Still hoping for an II.
Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
+1. Would love an opportunity to interview at Rush!
Complete since early July. Still hoping for an II.
Yeah I don't know what to think at this point. It has been a while since I have seen anyone post an II on here, and they are a school that is known to do silent rejections....
I've heard nothing since I submitted late July. I have a friend who got accepted here last year and he submitted his secondary later and interviewed very late in the cycle and was still accepted so I still have hope!Anyone else complete in August with radio silence?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone on the wait-list heard back? 😵
Not me unfortunately.Anyone on the wait-list heard back? 😵
Hello! Where did everyone who interviewed here stay the night before? Did most of you stay with a student? Hotels around the area seem to be super expensive and/or not very convenient.
Anyone on the wait-list heard back? 😵
I believe it was said on interview-day that they'd reach out to waitlisters late-January and invite updates, and then rank the waitlist late-April. Please feel free to correct me if I misheard. In either case, only post-interview waitlisters are allowed to send updates.
Anyone on the wait-list heard back? 😵
We stayed a block away and it was very expensive....and I got wait listed!Hello! Where did everyone who interviewed here stay the night before? Did most of you stay with a student? Hotels around the area seem to be super expensive and/or not very convenient.
D
deleted628330
Hello! Where did everyone who interviewed here stay the night before? Did most of you stay with a student? Hotels around the area seem to be super expensive and/or not very convenient.
Rush is a very close walk to the Pink and Blue L lines, so you could trying finding a cheaper hotel along one of these two lines.
As far as I'm aware, they don't accept updates unless specifically requested. If someone had the opposite experience, then I stand corrected lol.Does anyone know the rule on sending updated? I saw some people saying they sent on pre-II and othes saying that is not allowed. Thank you for your help in advance!
Students are pretty nice about hosting interviewees for a night, and the ones that live on campus are literally a 5-10 minute walk away and right next to the Blue line to get to O'Hare. They're also a good source for info if you have questions.Hello! Where did everyone who interviewed here stay the night before? Did most of you stay with a student? Hotels around the area seem to be super expensive and/or not very convenient.
Last edited:
Yup I decided to stay with one of the students! Looking forward to it!As far as I'm aware, they don't accept updates unless specifically requested. If someone had the opposite experience, then I stand corrected lol.
Students are pretty nice about hosting interviewees for a night, and the ones that live on campus are literally a 5-10 minute walk away and right next to the Blue line to get to O'Hare. They're also a good source for info if you have questions.
I got asked to interview on their last interview date. What are the chances of me getting accepted? I almost don't think there's a point in going... 🙁
Last day? Noooooooo 🙁 If you don't want the chance, I'll take it! It's nearby, and I really want it! 🙂 Too bad it doesn't work like that...I got asked to interview on their last interview date. What are the chances of me getting accepted? I almost don't think there's a point in going... 🙁
"During the course of the day, you will participate in two separate interviews. One interview will last approximately 40 minutes, whereas the other interview will be a total of 10 minutes. "
10 minutes?!?! Whatttttttt is up with that!
10 minutes?!?! Whatttttttt is up with that!
Last day? When's that?? Man :-/I got asked to interview on their last interview date. What are the chances of me getting accepted? I almost don't think there's a point in going... 🙁
Last day is February 11th. Rush is wrapping up their interview season quite early.Last day? When's that?? Man :-/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last day is February 11th. Rush is wrapping up their interview season quite early.
Wow... So it must be true that they do silent rejections 🙁
Interviewed 1/14, just got my acceptance email yesterday!
Congratulations!! Thats a pretty good turn around time!Interviewed 1/14, just got my acceptance email yesterday!
Congratulations!! Thats a pretty good turn around time!
Thank you. And as far as the interviews go, the 10 minute interview was in fact only 10 minutes lol. Both interviews were relaxed so don't sweat it.
Any idea why they do a 10 minute long interview? I've never heard of one so short hahaThank you. And as far as the interviews go, the 10 minute interview was in fact only 10 minutes lol. Both interviews were relaxed so don't sweat it.
Any idea why they do a 10 minute long interview? I've never heard of one so short haha
I feel that the 10 minute interview was to assess your communication skills and how you come across more than anything.
Accepted!!! That make 7 acceptances, 2 waitlists, and 1 rejection. My journey has now come to a close and it's time to make a decision. For anyone interviewing here or on the fence about interviewing...I strongly suggest going to the interview. I was already accepted into 5 schools prior to attending this interview and considered not going and withdrawing my application, but I am glad I did not. This is probably where I will be next year. This school had the best set up I have seen so far.
I wish everyone the best along this journey. I come from nothing and have now worked my way into making it into medical school. Never quit trying to survive and NEVER QUIT pursuing your dreams.
what did you like about Rush that you now are considering attending this school rather other schools that you have been accepted? and could you tell me about the interview itinerary? the times of the interview and whether you had a tour, etc.
I got an interview invite today. I submitted my secondary application on December 3rd.
What was your (latest) option for interview day?
What was your (latest) option for interview day?
February 18th. I believe this is the final interview day.
I'm over the freaking moon right now. Just got an invite to interview! OS
Congratulations!! I am getting the feeling they are still sending a few randomly out. What was the latest date available to schedule? Based on this thread new dates later in February are being put on their calendar. I am still not going to get my hopes too high, but do you mind sharing your complete date?
could you also send your stats?? really want a rush interviewI'm over the freaking moon right now. Just got an invite to interview! OS
I don't have great stats which is why this came as a complete shock as an OS. Undergrad GPA: 3.4 Grad GPA: 3.67 MCAT: 29could you also send your stats?? really want a rush interview
(My grades were very low my first year, but I demonstrated a steady uptick that was consistent as I progressed.)
This is my second time applying and I worked incredibly hard to improve my application where I could. I think it really helped that I'm finishing my Masters and I've been an EMT for 5 years. I showed a lot of interest in working with Cook County Hospital which is only a few blocks away. They have to put a lot of weight in with the essays which gives further credit to their process in my opinion that they take the time to do so and aren't just about the numbers.
Congratulations!! I am getting the feeling they are still sending a few randomly out. What was the latest date available to schedule? Based on this thread new dates later in February are being put on their calendar. I am still not going to get my hopes too high, but do you mind sharing your complete date?
Secondary Completed: 11/26 Last date on calendar for interviews: 2/18
Best of luck! I really hope to see some of you guys on the 11th! I was thinking of going the 4th but I had a foot of snow dumped on my doorstep this weekend and I have some doubts about the drive to Chicago since the same storm also hit Chicago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have great stats which is why this came as a complete shock as an OS. Undergrad GPA: 3.4 Grad GPA: 3.67 MCAT: 29
(My grades were very low my first year, but I demonstrated a steady uptick that was consistent as I progressed.)
This is my second time applying and I worked incredibly hard to improve my application where I could. I think it really helped that I'm finishing my Masters and I've been an EMT for 5 years. I showed a lot of interest in working with Cook County Hospital which is only a few blocks away. They have to put a lot of weight in with the essays which gives further credit to their process in my opinion that they take the time to do so and aren't just about the numbers.
Thanks!! Yea I can see the amount of work you put in to improve your resume and this def helped. Yea I agree, its not all about the numbers, but how you used your time to pursue your passion for medicine. Well good luck for your interview and pray that I get an interview soon. 😉
II received on 2/1. Complete ~7/28. For available interview dates, the portal shows only 3/4, 3/11, and 3/18.
March?? I thought someone said the last IIs were for February? Hoping to hear if they extend to march!II received on 2/1. Complete ~7/28. For available interview dates, the portal shows only 3/4, 3/11, and 3/18.
Secondary Completed: 11/26 Last date on calendar for interviews: 2/18
Best of luck! I really hope to see some of you guys on the 11th! I was thinking of going the 4th but I had a foot of snow dumped on my doorstep this weekend and I have some doubts about the drive to Chicago since the same storm also hit Chicago.
Well your story is actually the most encouraging one I have heard so far. Not just with Rush but for the application process in general. Thank you for sharing!
When I got the invite back in mid January, they only showed dates up to Feb 11. I guess they only open up dates as the season progresses. Good luck to everyone! I'll be there on Feb 11!March?? I thought someone said the last IIs were for February? Hoping to hear if they extend to march!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K