You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does everybody receive an "application is complete" e-mail? Mine was submitted 7/6, and shortly afterwards, I received a "thank you for submitting" e-mail. However, All of my checkmarks are green, including where it says "application file complete", although I have not received an official e-mail from them saying that it is complete.
I'm in the same boat as you...I submitted 7/9 and got the thank you email but no application file complete. I guess some schools don't always send those?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat as you...I submitted 7/9 and got the thank you email but no application file complete. I guess some schools don't always send those?
I didn't even get a thank you email, just a confirmation of payment email.
This 5 year cap on community service is ugh...
I'm a non trad and did most of my big community service projects when I was in undergrad prior to 2010. I have nothing that I consider formative during the last 5 years in that sphere as I was working on other things. Just emailed them to ask if its okay to put in older things. Otherwise this is going to be the worst secondary ever.
I'm a non trad and did most of my big community service projects when I was in undergrad prior to 2010. I have nothing that I consider formative during the last 5 years in that sphere as I was working on other things. Just emailed them to ask if its okay to put in older things. Otherwise this is going to be the worst secondary ever.
submitted secondary to RF on 7/16, just got a "complete" email today!
Only 3 I'm pretty sureI was trying to look through the previous pages and did not really find an answer..I am just wondering if we can ONLY submit three LORs according to what it says on their website?? Ahh it sucks having to pick which ones to submit 🙁
I was trying to look through the previous pages and did not really find an answer..I am just wondering if we can ONLY submit three LORs according to what it says on their website?? Ahh it sucks having to pick which ones to submit 🙁
Yes their website specifically says limit to three and they do not take extra letters beyond that.
http://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/S...ename=Rush/content_block/ContentBlockDetail#5
Accidentally sent in 5 LOR's instead of 3. Amiscrewed?
I also did that. Waiting for a response. MSAR does say 5.
Please let me know what they say. I assigned my letters via AMCAS before I got the secondary, So I'm in the same boat having sent too manyI also did that. Waiting for a response. MSAR does say 5.
Please let me know what they say. I assigned my letters via AMCAS before I got the secondary, So I'm in the same boat having sent too many
Same here..
Their website is so cluttered man. Ugh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys - I can actually answer this question. I assigned 5 letters to Rush in June and submitted my secondary in early July (noticing they only accepted 3).
I sent an email to the AdCom and they responded saying it was not a problem, and to just indicate the 3 that I wanted them to look at on my secondary. They'll just pull those 3 from AMCAS.
So don't worry if you assigned 5!!
I sent an email to the AdCom and they responded saying it was not a problem, and to just indicate the 3 that I wanted them to look at on my secondary. They'll just pull those 3 from AMCAS.
So don't worry if you assigned 5!!
I know. I really need to submit this tonight.So. Many. Essays.
Me?on a random note - it seems like you're applying ot many of the schools I am haha. I see you in almost every single thread
If yes, then yeahhhh borderline stats, gotta apply all over the place!
Same here, man. We got this! LolI know. I really need to submit this tonight.
Me?
If yes, then yeahhhh borderline stats, gotta apply all over the place!
haha yeah man, low stats unite!
I know me too! Rush's website doesn't help either! It seems so cluttered. Also, I can't resuse many of my already written essays ;_;Glad to know I wasn't the only one not submitting this one right away. I really struggled with this secondary for some reason.
Same here. Complete on portal as of 7/31 but I didn't receive a complete email.Does everybody receive an "application is complete" e-mail? Mine was submitted 7/6, and shortly afterwards, I received a "thank you for submitting" e-mail. However, All of my checkmarks are green, including where it says "application file complete", although I have not received an official e-mail from them saying that it is complete.
Got this message today:
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Am I doomed? :/
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Am I doomed? :/
Again, wrong thread. 😛Got this message today:
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Am I doomed? :/
Got this message today:
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Am I doomed? :/
This is the rush thread... not franklin.
I think Rush sends out their IIs later than some schools (at least I believe this was the case last year). Maybe they'll be more on the ball this season though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm looking at msar right now and it actually says 2 letters... but seeing how you actually contacted admissions and they said 3, i'll just email them indicating the 3 I want them to look at?Hey guys - I can actually answer this question. I assigned 5 letters to Rush in June and submitted my secondary in early July (noticing they only accepted 3).
I sent an email to the AdCom and they responded saying it was not a problem, and to just indicate the 3 that I wanted them to look at on my secondary. They'll just pull those 3 from AMCAS.
So don't worry if you assigned 5!!
i'm looking at msar right now and it actually says 2 letters... but seeing how you actually contacted admissions and they said 3, i'll just email them indicating the 3 I want them to look at?
Yes, on the secondary it clearly states that they want 3 letters. I try not to go by the MSAR too much in terms of requirements because it goes off the previous year's requirements, and schools change what they want all the time.
Is anyone else discovering that for most secondary essays you either wish they gave you way more words/characters, or wish they gave you far less.
I'm trying to cram everything into 1000 characters for the "why Rush" essay, I could definitely use a few more characters to work with![]()
I'm having trouble with the why Rush question. Their website is so sparse that I can't get much info about the school to make a compelling argument to answer the question. Where did you get your info on Rush??
I'm having trouble with the why Rush question. Their website is so sparse that I can't get much info about the school to make a compelling argument to answer the question. Where did you get your info on Rush??
My boyfriend and both of his roommates currently attend Rush Medical so I used them as my resource primarily (at this point I know quite a bit about the school, their values, the curriculum, student life etc.). I'm happy to answer any questions (PM them if you feel uncomfortable posting them publicly).
Anyone know about their update policy? I submitted both primary and secondary apps, but it looks like they don't take pre-interview updates. I didn't have any clinical experience on either app but I've been a scribe for about 2 months now. I know I should have maybe mentioned it in my essays. Am I completely screwed?
Anyone know about their update policy? I submitted both primary and secondary apps, but it looks like they don't take pre-interview updates. I didn't have any clinical experience on either app but I've been a scribe for about 2 months now. I know I should have maybe mentioned it in my essays. Am I completely screwed?
Ha! I've been a scribe for a year now and it's been a great experience. It's unfortunate that they do not allow updates pre-interview, that is a wonderful clinical experience I'm sure they would have appreciated. They state specifically "Please note the information in your AMCAS and Secondary applications is sufficient at this time. Should we need additional information, we will specifically request it from you." Good luck!
do you guys think club involvement is considered community service if you were involved in leadership / organization of events and such (did not get paid or receive credit)? just wondering how broad their definition of community service is
9 times out of 10 the answer will be no.do you guys think club involvement is considered community service if you were involved in leadership / organization of events and such (did not get paid or receive credit)? just wondering how broad their definition of community service is
do you guys think club involvement is considered community service if you were involved in leadership / organization of events and such (did not get paid or receive credit)? just wondering how broad their definition of community service is
Depends. I was part of a sorority...a club of sorts...and ended up participating in a ton of volunteer activities as a result. I listed it under leadership due to my role but explained clearly what my role entailed and how i impacted my community (community service/volunteer).
Okay that's what I was curious about as well. As part of leadership I coordinated community service events so I guess I'll probably just mention my role as a leader and a volunteer. Thanks!Depends. I was part of a sorority...a club of sorts...and ended up participating in a ton of volunteer activities as a result. I listed it under leadership due to my role but explained clearly what my role entailed and how i impacted my community (community service/volunteer).
THE SILENCE IS MAKING ME CRAZY!
THE SILENCE IS MAKING ME CRAZY!
Last year I didn't get my II until 9/11 and I am pretty sure I was in the first batch of invites so it might be another month!
Does anyone know if Rush provides any significant aid/scholarships? My stats: 34/sGpa:3.89/cGPA3.9/Lots of research, experience working in underserved communities.
Would love to be in rush/chicago for next 4 years but not sure of cost (OOS)
You can look at MSAR for more specific stats but from what I know Rush doesn't offer that much in the form of aid in comparison to some other schools like Loyola.
Love me rush~~~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A
Accio
Considering applying here! Anyone on here who's already a student there that would be willing to offer their opinion of the school? Also, is there a screening process for secondaries?
no screening for secondaryConsidering applying here! Anyone on here who's already a student there that would be willing to offer their opinion of the school? Also, is there a screening process for secondaries?
congrats!! stats?II! comp 7/11
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K