You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did anyone else get an email that said "primary screening is now complete, application is now under review by the admissions committee"?
I think you're thinking of Rosalind Franklin?did anyone else get an email that said "primary screening is now complete, application is now under review by the admissions committee"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone still working on the secondary? What a monster.
this secondary is not thaaaat bad compared to others
this secondary is not thaaaat bad compared to others
Miami's for instance..

Miami's for instance..![]()
Ahaha, most of their questions are 'optional' though
The questions aren't bad it's the 1000-2000 words that takes up the time, I don't mind writing a nice long essay but I do when I have a ton of other secondaries
Oh my.. I sincerely hope you haven't been writing 1000-2000 words... Their limits are between 1000-2000 characters..
Oh my.. I sincerely hope you haven't been writing 1000-2000 words... Their limits are between 1000-2000 characters..
Dammit lol nah it's still long tho, like your pic by the way classic album haven't seen it in years
Dammit lol nah it's still long tho, like your pic by the way classic album haven't seen it in years
Thanks! It's definitely one of my favorites
Hi guys, I'm a new M1 at Rush. I obviously haven't been here very long (couple weeks... Just finished our first exam!) but I can try to answer/find answers to your questions. I absolutely love it here so far!
Submitted 8/21 and nothing yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same ... =[complete 7/16, haven't heard anything
Complete 7/22, nothing so far...
+1 I just want to be sure by complete we are talking when they received the secondary...
My application was complete 7/22. With my secondary, letters of rec, etc+1 I just want to be sure by complete we are talking when they received the secondary...
D
deleted423719
So I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've chosen a community service as "most meaningful" on the primary so I don't think I can talk about that which doesn't leave too much to discuss... The significant achievement I've done outside the classroom was also a community service that I've discussed in the primary (at least I didn't put it down as most meaningful). I just started volunteering somewhere but I've only done it for a weekend so far...
Sigh... Not sure what to write about for either of those questions...
Sigh... Not sure what to write about for either of those questions...
I can't imagine it wouldn't count. We're all humans. 🙂Struggling with the community service question... Does volunteering abroad qualify as community service, even though it is not my community?
Struggling with the community service question... Does volunteering abroad qualify as community service, even though it is not my community?
Yup I think it does.
Rush does a fair amount of global health so you could make that connection too. Here is a link to the info:
http://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/S...shUnivLevel3Page/Level_3_Audience_Portal_Page
I know there are trips to Haiti, Belize and the Dominican Republic you can sign up for.
So I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've chosen a community service as "most meaningful" on the primary so I don't think I can talk about that which doesn't leave too much to discuss... The significant achievement I've done outside the classroom was also a community service that I've discussed in the primary (at least I didn't put it down as most meaningful). I just started volunteering somewhere but I've only done it for a weekend so far...
Sigh... Not sure what to write about for either of those questions...
I think it's okay to discuss something you wrote about on the primary again, if you can approach it from a different angle. Rush is really huge on community service, so they might actually like that. Maybe you can describe a specific aspect of your volunteering? Or pick a theme that links several of your service activities together?
Appreciate it!Yup I think it does.
Rush does a fair amount of global health so you could make that connection too. Here is a link to the info:
http://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/Satellite?c=RushUnivLevel3Page&cid=1297091174798&pagename=Rush/RushUnivLevel3Page/Level_3_Audience_Portal_Page
I know there are trips to Haiti, Belize and the Dominican Republic you can sign up for.
They seem to really stress the fact that they do not want any updates or anything from their applicants until after the interview.Does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters (specifically about grades)? I've been trying to look through my emails and the application portal to see, but they don't have a section to upload additional info
They seem to really stress the fact that they do not want any updates or anything from their applicants until after the interview.
Ok, sounds good. Thanks!
Is anyone with recent IIs willing to share their approximate statistics? Just out of curiousity.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted628330
GPA ~3.7, MCAT 31Is anyone with recent IIs willing to share their approximate statistics? Just out of curiousity.
OOS/URM?GPA ~3.7, MCAT 31
D
deleted628330
OOS, strong ties to Chicago, have strong community service, work, and research experiencesOOS/URM?
D
deleted628330
oh and not URM, but non-traditional applicantOOS, strong ties to Chicago, have strong community service, work, and research experiences
I just want to vent for a second: I applied to Rush yesterday after reading both their admissions web page and the MSAR entry, nowhere does it say that a 3.00 sGPA is a hard cut off to even be screened. However, I received their secondary today and that's what it said. I e-mailed the admissions address and they said that it was indeed a hard cut-off, despite any strong recent performance. I then e-mailed back and asked if it would be even worth it to complete a secondary. No response for like 6 hours so I e-mailed the admissions dean Jill something directly, asking whether my app would be reviewed at all with a 2.87 sGPA (4.00 over last 50 BCPM credits). About 5 minutes later I got a response from the Admissions email that was not very professional, it was a one-liner that said that I should not bother filling out a secondary, and it was not signed or anything. I found Rush to be rude, and also I feel robbed -- $36 just to have them tell you they won't even look at your application. They should honestly state this in the admissions web page or their website, but instead they did neither. End rant.
I just want to vent for a second: I applied to Rush yesterday after reading both their admissions web page and the MSAR entry, nowhere does it say that a 3.00 sGPA is a hard cut off to even be screened. However, I received their secondary today and that's what it said. I e-mailed the admissions address and they said that it was indeed a hard cut-off, despite any strong recent performance. I then e-mailed back and asked if it would be even worth it to complete a secondary. No response for like 6 hours so I e-mailed the admissions dean Jill something directly, asking whether my app would be reviewed at all with a 2.87 sGPA (4.00 over last 50 BCPM credits). About 5 minutes later I got a response from the Admissions email that was not very professional, it was a one-liner that said that I should not bother filling out a secondary, and it was not signed or anything. I found Rush to be rude, and also I feel robbed -- $36 just to have them tell you they won't even look at your application. They should honestly state this in the admissions web page or their website, but instead they did neither. End rant.
Most schools i know of have a cutoff. Some higher than others. Oregon for example...I paid 36 bucks to find out theirs were 3.7/32 so if one were deficient in either category one shouldn't bother. Oh well, you win some you lose some and 36 in the grand scheme of things is pennies (med school is like 50,000/year give or take a few thousand).
I believe so.Quick question, I saw that they accepted some 330 out of 900 interviews last year according to US news. When these kinds of stats are posted, does that include those accepted off the wait list?
I believe so.
Thank you sir and congrats on even more interviews! I asked last time too, but you HAVE to share your secrets to med school applications!
Nice! Can you share when you were complete please?II yesterday. MCAT 32 GPA 3.97
I would suggest focusing on the entire Rush university, its programs, and consider that this might be a way for the school to see how much you are willing to "dig".I had a very hard time too finding anything out about Rush; there website was not very helpful and I couldn't find stuff on SDN forums either. Little in my why rush essay was Rush specific consequently. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II as well, complete on 8/12
Complete late july. Nada...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K