You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My heart is still pounding. Damn it.got an email from TCMC, gave me a freakin' heart attack...automatic acceptance into the MBS program
+3. Also, I agree it was very cruel haha but better than a rejection...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to find your 2015 amcas ID # since their website has now switched over to the 2016 application? I'm trying to respond to the MBS email. Thanks!
If you don't delete emails, check your email! A lot of schools use it for login purposes so it may be in one of those 🙂Does anyone know how to find your 2015 amcas ID # since their website has now switched over to the 2016 application? I'm trying to respond to the MBS email. Thanks!
+4
Has anyone gothen one of these emails and been accepted off the waitlist? Does this mean we're low on the waitlist or high?
Has anyone gothen one of these emails and been accepted off the waitlist? Does this mean we're low on the waitlist or high?
See that's what I am trying to figure out too. Are we lower on the waitlist and therefore they are offering the MBS acceptance to help strengthen our numbers or are we higher on the list and they are accepting us without question for the MBS?+4
Has anyone gothen one of these emails and been accepted off the waitlist? Does this mean we're low on the waitlist or high?
I think you guys are overthinking things. They are probably just advertising to everyone from a group of candidates that they have already heavily screened and liked. I'm sure they would love a class full of kids from the waitlist.
We wouldn't be students sitting on a waitlist without overthinking things. 😛
I talked to admissions a few weeks ago and they said everyone on the waitlist is offered automatic acceptance into the MBS programSee that's what I am trying to figure out too. Are we lower on the waitlist and therefore they are offering the MBS acceptance to help strengthen our numbers or are we higher on the list and they are accepting us without question for the MBS?
I talked to admissions a few weeks ago and they said everyone on the waitlist is offered automatic acceptance into the MBS program
I can't help but wonder whether they might keep a ton of applicants on their waitlist to try and lure them into the MBS program. Honestly I wouldn't blame them.
I'm torn between accepting the MBS offer and sinking approx. $60K in debt or take a prep course, retake the MCAT, and save the debt for medical school. Being on this waitlist is both good and bad...
FYI I called the school and was told the class is full. Sounds like there won't be much waitlist movement.
Thanks for the update. Time to hit the books.FYI I called the school and was told the class is full. Sounds like there won't be much waitlist movement.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI I called the school and was told the class is full. Sounds like there won't be much waitlist movement.
That's a bummer, but I figured that would be the case.
This school only graduated 69 in their MD program this year. You do the Math for movement on their wait list. Think about percentages of males, females, in state, out of state and any other conditions that have to be met for their admittance for the incoming class. Not a lot of hope for wait list movement for the 2014-2015 cycle for such a small medical school. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors! Never give up hope to follow those dreams!
I believe they also expanded the class to around 100 or so. So, there is a bigger chance. Or at least that's what I thought I heard.This school only graduated 69 in their MD program this year. You do the Math for movement on their wait list. Think about percentages of males, females, in state, out of state and any other conditions that have to be met for their admittance for the incoming class. Not a lot of hope for wait list movement for the 2014-2015 cycle for such a small medical school. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors! Never give up hope to follow those dreams!
I believe they also expanded the class to around 100 or so. So, there is a bigger chance. Or at least that's what I thought I heard.
I did not hear that when I was there this year! I hope it is true for all of you wishing and waiting! Good luck. I was told that the class is now full. It will be interesting to see how many seats were filled for this coming year. Just can only quote what can be confirmed with this year's graduating class. (Both MBS and MD). 100 is still a very small number (I think) when you have to divide the class up into needed segments of population but again, this school is brand new etc. Maybe there will be movement. I wish TCMC nothing but the best. Great staff, admissions etc. It was a means to an end for me and a lot of hard work. Grateful to have been there (MBS) and be admitted to medical schools elsewhere early in this year's cycle!
Last edited:
Like I said I may be completely crazy, but who knows! Haha! I feel the same way. I wish this shook great things and can't wait to see what happens with it in the future.I did not here that when I was there this year! I hope it is true for all of you wishing and waiting! Good luck. I was told that the class is now full. It will be interesting to see how many seats were filled for this coming year. Just can only quote what can be confirmed with this year's graduating class. (Both MBS and MD). 100 is still a very small number (I think) when you have to divide the class up into needed segments of population but again, this school is brand new etc. Maybe there will be movement. I wish TCMC nothing but the best. Great staff, admissions etc. It was a means to an end for me and a lot of hard work. Grateful to have been there (MBS) and be admitted to medical schools elsewhere early in this year's cycle!
The class size this year is 100, which was the original goal at the school's founding and is just a bit smaller than the majority of allopathic schools in the US (i.e. ~150).
The class is also filled, but they expect some movement because of WL movement at other schools. Hope this helps and good luck to those waiting!
The class is also filled, but they expect some movement because of WL movement at other schools. Hope this helps and good luck to those waiting!
Using this information Blue Blood for MD schools in Pennsylvania. Not sure about the average in the entire United States. Thanks for posting! Data 2008-2011
http://www.matchcollege.com/state/pennsylvania/medicine
http://www.matchcollege.com/state/pennsylvania/medicine
Using this information Blue Blood for MD schools in Pennsylvania. Not sure about the average in the entire United States. Thanks for posting! Data 2008-2011
http://www.matchcollege.com/state/pennsylvania/medicine
Drexel and TJ are two of the biggest in the US. Drexel's seats this year are a few above that if I'm remembering correctly from my ii.
Hey just curious but what schools are you matriculating at?Using this information Blue Blood for MD schools in Pennsylvania. Not sure about the average in the entire United States. Thanks for posting! Data 2008-2011
http://www.matchcollege.com/state/pennsylvania/medicine
check my mdapps. Where are you matriculating at? Maybe we will cross paths! If you have been admitted to TCMC, congrats. It is a great school? Can't say enough about the faculty and clinicians! Only matriculating to one school not schools. Had three offers. I was one of the lucky ones. I have no idea how I became so lucky. I ask myself that question every day. Attribute some of it to the MBS program here at The Commonwealth. Each interview I went on asked me about the program!
Last edited:
@silvermecca do you have a link to your mdapps? I cant find it :/
Sending you a personal message!@silvermecca do you have a link to your mdapps? I cant find it :/
Hey I can find it either. Im probs applying again this cycle. I applied really late last cycle which I think hurt me.Sending you a personal message!
meant cant. oopsieHey I can find it either. Im probs applying again this cycle. I applied really late last cycle which I think hurt me.
I was just granted a spot off of the waitlist!
Does anyone know the best way to figure out housing?
Is there a FB group to chat with other incoming students? Thanks!
Does anyone know the best way to figure out housing?
Is there a FB group to chat with other incoming students? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?I was just granted a spot off of the waitlist!
Does anyone know the best way to figure out housing?
Is there a FB group to chat with other incoming students? Thanks!
3.55 and 34 OOSCongrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Last edited:
Are you in-state?3.55 and 34
I was just granted a spot off of the waitlist!
Does anyone know the best way to figure out housing?
Is there a FB group to chat with other incoming students? Thanks!
Congratulations! Yes there's a closed FB group called TCMC Class of 2019 where students posted housing and other info
I was just granted a spot off of the waitlist!
Does anyone know the best way to figure out housing?
Is there a FB group to chat with other incoming students? Thanks!
Congratulations 🙂 You must be so excited! Did you find out by phone or email? Just curious, cuz you know....in the extremely unlikely chance it also happens to me haha
Thanks 🙂 It was a phone call.Congratulations 🙂 You must be so excited! Did you find out by phone or email? Just curious, cuz you know....in the extremely unlikely chance it also happens to me haha