You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is there any change on your portal?
No change in portal since interview invite.
Did you just get notified of the alternate list today?
naw, i got it on that same day as everyone else here (the most recent date, forgot which date exactly).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still nothing. This is so nerve wracking. I just want to know.
I'm in the same boat! Are you on the west coast by any chance? I wonder if the letter just hasn't made it my way yet...Still nothing. This is so nerve wracking. I just want to know.
Got my rejection in the mail today in WI.
Does it mention anything about the MBS program?Got my rejection in the mail today in WI.
Yep, in Cali. I suppose they are just on their way then. You too?I'm in the same boat! Are you on the west coast by any chance? I wonder if the letter just hasn't made it my way yet...
Yep! 🙁Yep, in Cali. I suppose they are just on their way then. You too?
It does not.Does it mention anything about the MBS program?
Still nothing. This is so nerve wracking. I just want to know.
I'm in the same boat! Are you on the west coast by any chance? I wonder if the letter just hasn't made it my way yet...
Lol. I don't have anything either, but I live 2 hours away.

Don't be discouraged. If you want to be a doctor plan a comeback.Yep! 🙁
Odd thing is, I emailed asking about the MBS program and slyly slid in a "Haven't heard anything about my MD application, but do you know if there was a decision and what the status is?" question, but only got the MBS question answered.Lol. I don't have anything either, but I live 2 hours away.![]()
Fair enough, but this is torture!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be discouraged. If you want to be a doctor plan a comeback. Focus on what your weak points are, and ask for he
Odd thing is, I emailed asking about the MBS program and slyly slid in a "Haven't heard anything about my MD application, but do you know if there was a decision and what the status is?" question, but only got the MBS question answered.
This is torture!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the MBS answer?
Applying to the MBS program won't have an impact on the MD process.
Oh, and you don't have to start from scratch; most things are transferred over from your AMCAS application.
Oh, and you don't have to start from scratch; most things are transferred over from your AMCAS application.
Odd thing is, I emailed asking about the MBS program and slyly slid in a "Haven't heard anything about my MD application, but do you know if there was a decision and what the status is?" question, but only got the MBS question answered.
Fair enough, but this is torture!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouch. 🙁
I'm alright since I already have an acceptance, but I hope you guys don't have to wait any longer for one!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted...
Are you sure it's not two? There's a third bit it's not like the first two with a finger print.
The ones that didn't make sense to me were having to do both certaamc and tcmcstudent, they're basically the same thing but one costs $130? dollars. There's also only one CBC listed on the pre-matriculation check list so I'm still confused why I did both. I emailed them questioning why I had to do TCMCSTUDENT (I received this code months before TCMCPACHECK) and this was there response:Can anyone confirm that accepted students need to do all three of these background checks using the usernames: CERTAAMC2015, TCMCSTUDENT, and TCMCPACHECK? This is feeling redundant..
"The background check you did through AAMC was your national background check which is required for enrollment at TCMC. The email you received today is for the PA background check and child abuse clearance- both are also required before you matriculate. You will need to complete all 3 background checks/clearances into order to enroll at TCMC."
This isn't true, however, as TCMCPACHECK is the code for the PA background check and child abuse clearance.
Tl;dr I think l wasted $130
The ones that didn't make sense to me were having to do both certaamc and tcmcstudent, they're basically the same thing but one costs $130? dollars. There's also only one CBC listed on the pre-matriculation check list so I'm still confused why I did both. I emailed them questioning why I had to do TCMCSTUDENT (I received this code months before TCMCPACHECK) and this was there response:
"The background check you did through AAMC was your national background check which is required for enrollment at TCMC. The email you received today is for the PA background check and child abuse clearance- both are also required before you matriculate. You will need to complete all 3 background checks/clearances into order to enroll at TCMC."
This isn't true, however, as TCMCPACHECK is the code for the PA background check and child abuse clearance.
Tl;dr I think l wasted $130
Yeah I did it too. Although it was a maximum of $130 I think. Mine turned out to be like $60 or something like that.
I did all three as well, though I didn't have to pay anything. The child abuse clearance gave you a code in the email that you enter in the payment screen so that its free, if I recall correctly. I didn't have to get fingerprinted at all though? Did I do something wrong?
To those of you on the waitlist, apparently you have to confirm your spot on the waitlist in the portal. I had no idea since the email did not mention it. Just giving everyone a heads up if you didn't catch it either!
What portal?
The TCMC portal
+1What portal?
The TCMC portal
Is/ did anyone have trouble logging in? It won't take my username
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless you changed it, your username is same as your AMCAS ID (8 digit number)Is/ did anyone have trouble logging in? It won't take my username
Just withdrew. Good luck to everyone hoping to get off the waitlist!
Withdrew! Hope that one of you gets it! Good luck everyone.
TCMC seems nice. However, my interview day was less than ideal. I hope that they move to sending applicants anonymous surveys after the interview day. TCMC doesn't have a good way to receive feedback about their interview day. The 5 minute exit interview is not the right way to receive honest and constructive feedback from applicants.
TCMC seems nice. However, my interview day was less than ideal. I hope that they move to sending applicants anonymous surveys after the interview day. TCMC doesn't have a good way to receive feedback about their interview day. The 5 minute exit interview is not the right way to receive honest and constructive feedback from applicants.
Withdrew! Hope that one of you gets it! Good luck everyone.
TCMC seems nice. However, my interview day was less than ideal. I hope that they move to sending applicants anonymous surveys after the interview day. TCMC doesn't have a good way to receive feedback about their interview day. The 5 minute exit interview is not the right way to receive honest and constructive feedback from applicants.
Yeah, you still feel under the microscope. There are a few things in retrospect that I would have pointed out that I didn't like.
Yeah, you still feel under the microscope. There are a few things in retrospect that I would have pointed out that I didn't like.
Can you elaborate?
Can you elaborate?
I'm not going to bash the school. Especially since I liked it, it's close to home, and I may go there. But on an anonymous survey sure. Just some things that I thought were turn offs during interview day.
Anyone on the waitlist hear anything?? Not expecting any movement but curious.
April 30th is the day those already accepted have to commit to a school. I'd expect some movement after that.Anyone on the waitlist hear anything?? Not expecting any movement but curious.
Just withdrew my application. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and I hope someone can utilize my spot!
Can anyone tell me how long it took, after submitting FAFSA to get any information on financial aid? Is it all loans?
I submitted my fafsa pretty early and got my financial aid award about two weeks ago. It was mostly loans but I got a need-based scholarship for $7,000/year.
Any news on waitlist movement?
Any news on waitlist movement?
Give it another week or two, a lot of people, myself included, tend to wait until the last possible moment to make decisions. 😉
Today is the day. Hopefully a bunch of acceptances are withdrawn for those of us on the waitlist >.<
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any waitlist movement recently?
Just withdrew from the waitlist! Good luck everyone!