-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations!!Just received an II regular MD track as well. OOS, complete mid-Nov.
I don't know about your situation but I was kinda surprised because I've been on a rejection streak I didn't expect an II especially now. Made my day!
Around what dates are they scheduling for now?Just received an II regular MD track as well. OOS, complete mid-Nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Around what dates are they scheduling for now?
also, does anyone know when Tuft's interview season ends?
Accepted via phone call around 10:30!! Wasn't able to answer but I just checked my voicemail and I'm still shaking!! They said emails should be going out around the 11th.
Interviewed 1/23 complete 8/4 Regular MD track Lizzy M ~71
Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Interviewed 1/23 complete 8/4 Regular MD track Lizzy M ~71
Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Last edited:
Portal shows March 26 with 7 dates still open.also, does anyone know when Tuft's interview season ends?
I HATE YOU ALL!!!
FEAR THE KILLER PENGUIN AND GIVE ME YOUR II'S!!!
(Actually, I just want one :/)
FEAR THE KILLER PENGUIN AND GIVE ME YOUR II'S!!!
(Actually, I just want one :/)
Better hurry, I think you've already missed most of the day.II today, scheduled for 2/5.
**** me in the ***. Interviewed 1/6 and haven't heard from them. Probably end up deferred/rejected.Accepted via phone call around 10:30!! Wasn't able to answer but I just checked my voicemail and I'm still shaking!! They said emails should be going out around the 11th.
Interviewed 1/23 complete 8/4 Regular MD track Lizzy M ~71
Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Last edited:
Hahaha sorry! I meant 5/10. Vision blurred from excitement from a bit.
You're interviewing in may?
Edit: You can keep that II. I wouldn't want it anyway 😛
Last edited:
Hahaha sorry! I meant 5/10. Vision blurred from excitement from a bit.
Are you interviewing for a waitlist position then?
maybe it's a very early 2015-2016 cycle interview 😀Are you interviewing for a waitlist position then?
**** me in the ***. Interviewed 1/6 and haven't heard from them. Probably end up deferred/rejected.
I interviewed 1/6 also, haven't heard yet either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you interviewing for a waitlist position then?
2/10, not 5/10! Jesus what is with me today. Apologies for all the confusion. I was complete early August, so quite late. I understand Tufts gets a ton of applicants, so that might explain why I've only now received the II.
Sorry again guys, it's been a weird day.
also, does anyone know when Tuft's interview season ends?
I read that the last interviews are in March. There are still 7 dates left.
For those asking. The earliest interview date appears to be March 3rd. Pretty much all tuesdays and thursdays in March are open just now.
Accepted via phone call around 10:30!! Wasn't able to answer but I just checked my voicemail and I'm still shaking!! They said emails should be going out around the 11th.
Interviewed 1/23 complete 8/4 Regular MD track Lizzy M ~71
Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Congrats!
I thought they didn't interview on Fridays though (just being anal, since I'm freaking out)?
Anyone know if Tufts silent rejects? I have had everything submitted since late August and still not a peep from them.
No. They've already done at least two big rounds of pre-ii rejections.Anyone know if Tufts silent rejects? I have had everything submitted since late August and still not a peep from them.
2/10, not 5/10! Jesus what is with me today. Apologies for all the confusion. I was complete early August, so quite late. I understand Tufts gets a ton of applicants, so that might explain why I've only now received the II.
Sorry again guys, it's been a weird day.
We were just messing with you. Have fun at the interview!
No. They've already done at least two big rounds of pre-ii rejections.
/me crosses fingers...
Congrats!
I thought they didn't interview on Fridays though (just being anal, since I'm freaking out)?
Whoops I meant 1/22 Thursday!
**** me in the ***. Interviewed 1/6 and haven't heard from them. Probably end up deferred/rejected.
I'm pretty sure my interviewer called me but I couldn't make out the name in the voicemail so I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet! Your interviewer might be busy or thy might slowly get through them. I was told official emails wouldn't go out till next week anyway.
Could any Maine-Trackers shed light on the scholarship process? I'm wondering if they have already started giving out some scholarships, and if so when/how did you receive notification of the award?
Thank you!
Thank you!
GUESS who just by accidentally updated Tufts with the wrong update letter (the update letter was meant for another school where I discuss in depth why I thought that specific school was one of my top choices).
Here's to my inevitable pre-II rejection now….
Sorry man. That has to be the worst mistake ever.
GUESS who just by accidentally updated Tufts with the wrong update letter (the update letter was meant for another school where I discuss in depth why I thought that specific school was one of my top choices).
Here's to my inevitable pre-II rejection now….
there is a "Delete" option in case you updated them through the secondary website, otherwise email them and be like I attached the wrong document!GUESS who just by accidentally updated Tufts with the wrong update letter (the update letter was meant for another school where I discuss in depth why I thought that specific school was one of my top choices).
Here's to my inevitable pre-II rejection now….
there is a "Delete" option in case you updated them through the secondary website, otherwise email them and be like I attached the wrong document!
I did update them through the secondary website and deleted it about five minutes later after realized the horrendous mistake I made. I'm just worried whether it was somehow sent to them during those five minutes.
It's ok - the rejection will burn but given how bad Boston's winter is…I can deal with the rejection.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just want to keep all 2/10 interviewees abreast of the mayhem going on in Boston: I've just received emails saying that the campus will be closed tomorrow but interviews will still be held for those students in the area and that they expect public transportation to be either limited or nonexistent and road access limited. Snowstorm guys. Historic blizzard. Sigh.
Does anyone know where most students live? Do people generally live within walking distance, and would driving around half an hour be terrible?
Hey I'm in the MBS program right now at Tufts. The housing around campus will run you pretty high (~1000+ a month). As long as you live around one of the train stations, orange line being the closest to campus, you should be fine. All of the lines have stops within .5 miles of campus. As far as driving I only know one or two in my class that drive to campus, everyone either lives close or commutes 30 minutes. I wouldn't recommend driving because parking is expensive/horrendous and traffic is pretty bad getting into and out of the city, I think it would be more of a hassle than anything to have a car.
I come from California so it was a big transition for me to not have a car at all, but now that I've been here for half a year I've come to love the fact that Boston is a walking city!
Hey I'm in the MBS program right now at Tufts. The housing around campus will run you pretty high (~1000+ a month). As long as you live around one of the train stations, orange line being the closest to campus, you should be fine. All of the lines have stops within .5 miles of campus. As far as driving I only know one or two in my class that drive to campus, everyone either lives close or commutes 30 minutes. I wouldn't recommend driving because parking is expensive/horrendous and traffic is pretty bad getting into and out of the city, I think it would be more of a hassle than anything to have a car.
I come from California so it was a big transition for me to not have a car at all, but now that I've been here for half a year I've come to love the fact that Boston is a walking city!
So do a lot of people commute then? I was just worried about that because if you need to go to and from home in the middle of the day, it'd take a long time, or is that not really necessary?
I'm also from California so my car is my best friend haha
So do a lot of people commute then? I was just worried about that because if you need to go to and from home in the middle of the day, it'd take a long time, or is that not really necessary?
I'm also from California so my car is my best friend haha
Haha yeah not having a car was weird at first but you get used to it and even start to like walking around. Boston is a clean and beautiful city. I love it, even with the blizzards.
A lot of people commute using the MBTA and its usually about a 30 minute commute or so. I know a few people that go back and fourth in the middle of the day, but for the most part you end bringing all the things you need for the day to campus with you. Tufts will assign you a locker if that helps any.
Interviews go out via email, acceptances via phone.Question: do they contact about Interviews via email or phone? I just realized I didn't update my application with my phone number when I changed it in September :/
Interviews go out via email, acceptances via phone.
Ah good so I'm just in dark lol. Submitted early October, have heard nothing at all :/
Those emails go out roughly a week after the acceptances. At least from my experience.So basically, if we interviewed early Jan (1/6) and havent gotten a call yet then we're either rejected or deferred huh...
Those emails go out roughly a week after the acceptances. At least from my experience.
Have the calls all already happened?
Looks like only 1 last Thursday. Scroll up.Have the calls all already happened?
Should I submit an update on a presentation I gave at a university research symposium a week ago? I already sent a letter of interest that included my research job, interest in TUSM, etc. back in December, but can I supplement this with another update? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY want to shake off my "deferred" status and get that acceptance!
Should I submit an update on a presentation I gave at a university research symposium a week ago? I already sent a letter of interest that included my research job, interest in TUSM, etc. back in December, but can I supplement this with another update? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY want to shake off my "deferred" status and get that acceptance!
What kind of research symposium was it? If it was a regional/national symposium, it may merit something worth being updated about. If it was one at your own university, I would use your own judgement on whether or not to send an update at this point. Maybe wait until you have anything additional to update along with it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at past years, it seems that most deferred applicants weren't given a decision until later in the year, regardless of updates. I'm not saying don't send it, I just don't think it impacts their timing as much as the overall decision. [I'm in the same boat and have done the exact same thing]Should I submit an update on a presentation I gave at a university research symposium a week ago? I already sent a letter of interest that included my research job, interest in TUSM, etc. back in December, but can I supplement this with another update? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY want to shake off my "deferred" status and get that acceptance!
Does anyone know where most students live? Do people generally live within walking distance, and would driving around half an hour be terrible?
It really is a mix. The majority are within a a 15-20 minute subway ride or closer, especially first year. However, that can mean a bunch of neighborhoods. Cambridge and the north end are pretty popular. The south end is in walking distance and also has bus lines. Brookline is close as well but the Green line can be annoying. Chances are that there will be classmates in whatever neighborhood you end up. It really is a question of cost vs convenience to determine where you go.
Personally I don't think driving is worth unless if you are living with family for free. The commuter lot is about $5 per day, and you will probably be there everyday in first year. Getting to Tufts is not horrible as it is close to the freeways so you avoid city driving, but rush hour will suck in the mornings. Basically it is doable if you want to, but you would need to have a really good reason. If you are worried about the cost of housing, you can live on further out on the orange or red line and still have a reasonable commute on the train and and affordable apartment.
Looking at past years, it seems that most deferred applicants weren't given a decision until later in the year, regardless of updates. I'm not saying don't send it, I just don't think it impacts their timing as much as the overall decision. [I'm in the same boat and have done the exact same thing]
Around when were deferred applicants given a decision in past years?
Look at the end of last year's thread.Around when were deferred applicants given a decision in past years?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K