2014-2015 Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right that confuses me....I think as of 5/15 med schools can now see all of the schools students have been accepted. So if they see multiple acceptances they may ask the student to chose or the student risks having their seat given to someone else.

According to this link below (see #9), the decision date for individuals with 2+ offers was April 30. I think the confusion is because historically the date was 5/15.

https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...0672/trafficrulesforapplicants-2015amcas.html

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
According to this link below (see #9), the decision date for individuals with 2+ offers was April 30. I think the confusion is because historically the date was 5/15.

https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...0672/trafficrulesforapplicants-2015amcas.html
Thanks for this! Aw man, I must have been looking at an old timeline! It made sense to me because a while back Dr. Saguil said I wouldn't hear anything before mid may at the earliest so thats what I thought it meant! I was confused by seeing both dates in forums and so I figured April 30th was like a "Suggested" drop by date and May 15th was when people would start actually losing seats. So its already passed...Ahh what a bummer!

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Aw man, I must have been looking at an old timeline! It made sense to me because a while back Dr. Saguil said I wouldn't hear anything before mid may at the earliest so thats what I thought it meant! I was confused by seeing both dates in forums and so I figured April 30th was like a "Suggested" drop by date and May 15th was when people would start actually losing seats. So its already passed...Ahh what a bummer!

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! With that said, I think there will still be movement as people with offers hear from other schools they were on the waitlist for. So trying to stay positive!

After browsing through the "waitlist support group" thread for this year, it seems like many schools have not enforced the April 30th deadline. From what I gather... the financial aid offices haven't been able to send out packages as early so many students with multiple acceptances couldn't make decisions based on no financial aid information. This is purely speculation... but check out the thread if you want to get a feel for what I'm talking about

Unfortunately USUHS wouldn't see first order effects of financial aid issues. But could see some carryover from it for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received an email from Colonel Saguil this morning with an update on the WL, guessing the rest of you got it as well. Confirms what we has assumed, that the wait-list movement has been similar to last year. I wish we could hold a poll here to see how many are wait-listed for each of the branches, though I guess it would be of limited value.

Received an email from Colonel Saguil this morning with an update on the WL, guessing the rest of you got it as well. Confirms what we has assumed, that the wait-list movement has been similar to last year. I wish we could hold a poll here to see how many are wait-listed for each of the branches, though I guess it would be of limited value.

Yeah. I received it as well. I've already started my app for next cycle and requested LORs and transcripts. I am sad/hopeful/moving on. One of those on any given moment :).

Still hoping we have some more love this cycle, but I'll see those of you reapplying in next year's thread!

Are you talking about WL movement for the Navy or overall?

Are you talking about WL movement for the Navy or overall?

I think overall, unfortunately. Less movement this year and last. Keeping the hope alive, just in case. Hang tough everyone!

I would speculate that the increased expenses, growing problems with residency selection, current volatility and uncertainty in the medical field due to ACA, and the increasing prestige of the school are leading people to hold on to their seats! I do not blame them in the least. It is such a good school.

Gosh. I just want serve in the military already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, haven't heard anything new.

I just wanted to send a message out to all the service men and women on this site, those in USU and otherwise. Thank you for your help on this site and, more importantly, for your service and sacrifice to our country. The military has indirectly had a huge impact on my life, and I can't wait to be able to give something back to you and our great nation. The amount of support I have received on this path to becoming a military physician is overwhelming and it will be the greatest honor to serve among your ranks at USU or through HPSP at my state school.

All the best.

Reactions: 3 users
Got a hard copy "You're not likely to get in this year but you're not dead yet" letter today.

Going 100% HPSP now. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. Especially you @Glycereine!

Reactions: 2 users
Appreciate it!

Glad you've got the HPSP option to work with. It's a great program as well! What school?

VCOM in Blacksburg, VA! Very different from USUHS but I'm looking forward to it.

A good friend of mine is a second/almost third year there!

Withdrew from the AF waitlist. Really liked USUHS. Best of luck to those remaining. GL Glycereine.

Just got the letter today. It is hard to imagine not going here. What a great school. Best of luck to everyone who reapplies, especially those who have to retake the MCAT. Fight the good fight! Things will work out in the end.

All the best.

Last edited:
Whoa, reading that again, I guess it could have gone either way. So sorry. It's the "probably need to reapply letter". I wish I was in! Sorry for the cryptic message.

I've heard from a few they've gotten that letter. I haven't yet and don't know how to take it... I did receive an email saying much the same though.

I have emailed my admissions adviser a few times in the past month and left a voicemail as well and haven't gotten a response. I am sure they are very busy but with the new application opening tomorrow I was hoping to have a better feel.

Congrats to those accepted, and I'll see a few of you over in the 2015-2016 thread.

Have any of you guys been denied the medical waiver for HPSP but got waiver approval for USUHS for the same disqualifying condition? (in my case refractive index)

Received my official, "not likely to have any more acceptances" letter (email). Already submitted my primary for next cycle. Waiting in the verification line.

Congrats to everyone who got in, and barring a miracle this year, I hope to see you next year.

Reactions: 1 users
In the off chance that anyone is still checking this forum, I have a house in Rockville that will be available next month for any incoming students. it's a 4BR, 3BA house great for a family or a couple of students to split. It's about 10 minutes from the base, no traffic. Let me know if you are at all interested/want to know more information

When did your summer training camp start/end before you started orientation at USUHS?

Please include service branch and dates.