2014-2015 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EFI a few weeks ago!!! Hoping for some home university love from UCF! Would love to stay here another 4 years :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Wow, the student hosting program here is so efficient and well-organized! *slow clap* Good job, UCF. Good job.

Really excited for my upcoming interview. Hopefully good news finds its way to all those waiting! :turtle: Congrats on the recent IIs/EFIs!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent interview invites?
I got one on Sept 11. It's not so recent anymore, but it's more recent than any that have been posted. I took the first available date which was Oct. 20. I'm really really excited. UCF is my first choice. Good luck to everyone still waiting for an II and to those interviewing! :)

Last edited:
Hello! I am one of the new M1s at the UCF COM. I didn't use SDN much as a pre-med. I felt it was a little bit too filled with nervousness and angst. That said, in the interest of helpfulness and in passing on clear information to those who need it to make decisions, I am standing by for any questions that any of you may have. In all honesty REL is so transparent here that I'm not sure how much help I can be, but sometimes the student take on things may differ a bit from ADCOM. My class has a final coming up and things are pretty busy so I won't be checking in here very often, but shoot me an email at [email protected] if anything comes up and I will help out such that I can. Good luck to you all, and keep your chins up. The application process can be long, suspenseful, and frustrating but at least from my current perspective it feels extremely worth it in the long run.

Reactions: 2 users
Man, I feel like I'm replicating my Personal Statement with this secondary essay. Smh.

EFI OOS. Just excited to be in the running. Decided last minute to actually submit my secondary. I guess I'm glad I did. I like how they will at least throw us a bone and tell us we are being considered, unlike most other schools who just make us wait and wait and wait and wait......and wait some more.

EFI OOS, just saw the update!!!! I know it's not an II but super excited!! Haven't heard a peep from any other school!

II today as well! First one too.. Scheduled for Nov 14th. Can't wait

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ impulsive traveler, your EFI was 9/24 and you received an II in less than a week? Dammmmmm :laugh:

Can anyone who already interviewed give their feedback? :)

Met a few of UCF's 3rd year med students today while I was working on some research, and they had amazing things to say about the school! Looking forward to interviewing here even more now (is that possible?). Good luck to everyone waiting to interview and waiting for an II. Hope all of you early interviewees get a good news phone call next week!

Call for II today! Submitted on 8/8. A solid two months, so don't worry if you are still waiting!

I was told Nov. 3rd was their earliest date, so I took that.

Wahoooozleeeee II on 10/1 - complete on 9/18

Any word on if we hear on the 15th or 16th if we interviewed early? I know at my interview they didn't know yet due to rewording of the traffic rules. And good luck to all the upcoming interviews.

Hey REL, are you calling the people who are accepted, waitlisted, and rejected or just those who got accepted/waitlisted?

Hey REL, are you calling the people who are accepted, waitlisted, and rejected or just those who got accepted/waitlisted?

Just getting started. We will be calling everyone who has was interviewed on or before September 26. It looks like it is about a 50/50 shot.......

Got the phone call! I AM IN MED SCHOOL!!!

Reactions: 3 users
The phone calls are rolling out! Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to the recent acceptances! (@BrCo you are killing it)!

I want to mail UCF a large, elaborate cake that reads "BEST ADMISSIONS OFFICE EVER" because I cannot get over how attentive they are! All the kudos to UCF. :love: Overwhelmed and super grateful.

The phone calls are rolling out! Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to the recent acceptances! (@BrCo you are killing it)!

I want to mail UCF a large, elaborate cake that reads "BEST ADMISSIONS OFFICE EVER" because I cannot get over how attentive they are! All the kudos to UCF. :love: Overwhelmed and super grateful.

So true! REL is the man. Maybe other people are different but the approachability and kindness of an admissions staff can be a big pull towards a school for me.

How long did it take for you guys to get off EFI and get an II?

EFI for about 2 months. I hope I'm still in the running! Perhaps some interview invites will be sent out soon. :nailbiting:

EFI for 3 months... :(
That means no hope..?

Interview Invite today! EFI in July but I had to retake my MCAT and didnt get the new score until early september, LizzyM ~ 69, goodluck everyone!

Accepted today, and was absolutely stunned!!!!!!!!!! I think it will take a couple months for reality to set in and for me to realize that this is actually happening. Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
So today I was classified as EFI, which I know doesn't mean much but it still makes me so happy to even get to that point! I'm so psyched! Good luck everybody. Anybody had II's recently?

After we've been given EFI status and can update, does anyone know how long, detailed, formatted, they are supposed to be I can't find it anywhere.