You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
interviews finished for wake?
Hoping not. Have they been rejecting pre-II throughout the cycle?
nope. I'm pretty sure they do it at the endHoping not. Have they been rejecting pre-II throughout the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted Applicants: How long did it take admissions to let you know they received your deposit? I sent mine in a week and a half ago (last Tues) and have not heard anything. They also haven't cashed the check (but that isn't all that surprising).
I believe that I received a paper confirmation via regular mail about a month after I sent my deposit in (which sounds like a long time, but I think the delay was caused by the holidays). I also checked my status through the online portal, and within a week or so it had been changed to "We have received your acceptance and the required holding fee." - or something to that effect lol.Accepted Applicants: How long did it take admissions to let you know they received your deposit? I sent mine in a week and a half ago (last Tues) and have not heard anything. They also haven't cashed the check (but that isn't all that surprising).
I believe that I received a paper confirmation via regular mail about a month after I sent my deposit in (which sounds like a long time, but I think the delay was caused by the holidays). I also checked my status through the online portal, and within a week or so it had been changed to "We have received your acceptance and the required holding fee." - or something to that effect lol.
Just checked mine and it says that too! Thanks so much!
Congrats! When were you complete and IS or OOS? Did you send an update?II on Friday, super excited!
7/22 complete, OOS, and yeah I sent one in Aug and another mid Jan!Congrats! When were you complete and IS or OOS? Did you send an update?
II just now! IS, complete since mid-September, sent an update 8 days ago. Seems like they're really looking for students who have specifically expressed in attending WF. They had openings as early as next week, I'm not sure exactly when their interview season ends but there's definitely still plenty of opportunities!
II just now! IS, complete since mid-September, sent an update 8 days ago. Seems like they're really looking for students who have specifically expressed in attending WF. They had openings as early as next week, I'm not sure exactly when their interview season ends but there's definitely still plenty of opportunities!
Do you mind sharing stats? After 2 updates I'm hoping for an II sometime soon! :/
Do you mind sharing stats? After 2 updates I'm hoping for an II sometime soon! :/
Which email did you send your updates to?
LizzyM ~75. I sent the update to the general "medadmit" email.Do you mind sharing stats? After 2 updates I'm hoping for an II sometime soon! :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait listed today, sad but still in the running! Anyone know how many rejections actually get sent out post-interview or is it just few acceptances and everyone else is wait listed? I'm just curious how big the wait list pool would be. Thanks!!
Waitlisted as well.
What's the structure of the actual interview? How many, open/closed file, traditional/MMI?
It's three 15-20 minute interviews. They have your file but no numbers. Super laid back and relaxed. I found mine to be very conversational.What's the structure of the actual interview? How many, open/closed file, traditional/MMI?
Prepare to be blown away (in the best way possible.) Everyone is so friendly and informational. I had trouble finding the admissions dept so I would suggest arriving early. The lady at the information desk was very nice and able to help. Don't be afraid to ask for directions. The three interviews are very conversational and low stress. The students who take you on the tour answer all your questions very well. You will be very impressed with the opportunities at Wake Forest.What's the structure of the actual interview? How many, open/closed file, traditional/MMI?
I just wrote them an email and told them to "Wake up" and give me an II. HAHAHAHAHA
I'll see myself out.
Lol hope someone attends your Wake
I'm glad someone stuck it to the man!I just wrote them an email and told them to "Wake up" and give me an II. HAHAHAHAHA
I'll see myself out.
lol On a more serious note, I wonder if an LOI could be beneficial in getting a last-minute II. Has anyone sent in a LOI?
I'm glad someone stuck it to the man!lol
On a more serious note, I wonder if an LOI could be beneficial in getting a last-minute II. Has anyone sent in a LOI?
No luck here with that strategy
If you don't mind me asking, did you just send it to the admissions email? And how did you go about writing it?I sent one at the beginning of January and got an II the next day. I don't know if that was coincidence or if the letter made a difference but I would say regardless, it doesn't hurt to write a letter.
"Hi,
I'm particularly interested in attending Wake Forest for medical school because. . . " ?
I'm not really to sure where to start lol
That's almost exactly what I wrote actually haha and yes, I emailed it to the admissions email that's listed on the website. Let me know if you have any other questions!If you don't mind me asking, did you just send it to the admissions email? And how did you go about writing it?
"Hi,
I'm particularly interested in attending Wake Forest for medical school because. . . " ?
I'm not really to sure where to start lol
August 1st.Anyone know when the white coat ceremony is?
+1 alllll good! Good luck to the rest of you all 🙂Just got a pre-interview rejection. Not surprised! Good luck to you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a pre-interview rejection. Not surprised! Good luck to you all!
+1 alllll good! Good luck to the rest of you all 🙂
+2 did you guys also get letters saying you were "in an interview category", but unfortunately won't receive an interview? I'd rather not hear that!
Lol yeaaaa but I got that SAME letter last year so womp womp. I think it's generic :-/+2 did you guys also get letters saying you were "in an interview category", but unfortunately won't receive an interview? I'd rather not hear that!
Did you guys get an email or an actual letter?
It's an email with a PDF attachment of a letter.
It's an email with a PDF attachment of a letter.
Thanks, sorry about that. I'm sure mine will be on it's way soon.
Last edited:
I hope not! [emoji3]Thanks, sorry about that. I'm sure my will be on it's way soon.
If we haven't received that yet, it means there is still a chance, right???Thanks, sorry about that. I'm sure my will be on it's way soon.
Yes! It seems like they just sent out their first wave?If we haven't received that yet, it means there is still a chance, right???
Anybody had an interview today that was cancelled due to weather? Just wondering, bc mine is tomorrow.
So, I hate to be so desperately hanging onto some shred of dignity like this but... I like to imagine that making it this far in the cycle w/out word means that the adcom is holding my app in one hand and someone else's in the other saying "They are both so perfect but we can only choose one for an interview..." Does anyone think this even remotely resembles the truth? Could it be that they haven't even reviewed some of the apps yet?
Anybody had an interview today that was cancelled due to weather? Just wondering, bc mine is tomorrow.
Current student: I got an email that interviews for Tuesday (today) were cancelled. They just sent us the email as an FYI for students planning on giving tours or meeting applicants for lunch. There was no mention of canceling tomorrow's, and the weather seems fine, so I wouldn't expect yours would be cancelled. Good luck!
Anybody know when financial aid packages are released if we have already filled out all the need based stuff?
Not until April, if memory serves. Check last year's thread to confirm that but I wanna say it was April 9th or 15th or something.
Hey, did any accepted students get notification last Friday about the Certiphi background check? I'm not sure if it is for Wake, or if for a school I haven't heard back from yet.
So, I hate to be so desperately hanging onto some shred of dignity like this but... I like to imagine that making it this far in the cycle w/out word means that the adcom is holding my app in one hand and someone else's in the other saying "They are both so perfect but we can only choose one for an interview..." Does anyone think this even remotely resembles the truth? Could it be that they haven't even reviewed some of the apps yet?
I have absolutely NO IDEA but I'd imagine that they are deciding between applicants for a limited number of remaining interview openings. With a 12/15 application deadline, they have most likely passed over each application at least one time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can schools send background checks pre-interview and decision?Hey, did any accepted students get notification last Friday about the Certiphi background check? I'm not sure if it is for Wake, or if for a school I haven't heard back from yet.
I believe so. I didn't get notification of a background check before my Wake acceptance, but the Certiphi email said this:Can schools send background checks pre-interview and decision?
"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants."
Of the places I interviewed, only Wake and one other (haven't gotten a decision yet from it post-interview) do the Certiphi background checks, so I'm trying to figure out if a decision for the other school is coming soon or if the background check is being done after the fact for Wake.
So, I hate to be so desperately hanging onto some shred of dignity like this but... I like to imagine that making it this far in the cycle w/out word means that the adcom is holding my app in one hand and someone else's in the other saying "They are both so perfect but we can only choose one for an interview..." Does anyone think this even remotely resembles the truth? Could it be that they haven't even reviewed some of the apps yet?
I think it's more like it's last call at the bar and most of the good looking people are already gone and wakes trying to decide who they won't regret in the morning.
Here's to hoping the bar is dark and the drinks are cheap
I think it's more like it's last call at the bar and most of the good looking people are already gone and wakes trying to decide who they won't regret in the morning.
Best. Analogy. Ever.Here's to hoping the bar is dark and the drinks are cheap
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K