2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

They can still send them out on Monday, according to the rules, though, and still be in compliance.
I don't think that's true...the March 15th date in the traffic rules doesn't have the star that designates that the date changes to the next business day if the date falls on a weekend.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think that's true...the March 15th date in the traffic rules doesn't have the star that designates that the date changes to the next business day if the date falls on a weekend.

I didn't read the actual guidelines, but Penn wrote something like "decisions will be released by March 16" on their portal (with a decent likelihood that that will happen, from what people have been saying on that thread). So...
 
waitlist @_@

edit: timestamp of email sent at 10:33 AM, EST
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I havent got my email.. Telling from the fact that no one posted about rejection here yet. It may be an impending rejection..

Edit: Yup rejected
 
Last edited:
Waitlisted. I'd be positively thrilled to attend WCMC if given the chance! Absolutely loved the interview day

Congrats to all who got acceptances!! 🙂
 
Got a text from @sunflower18 asking if I got accepted to Cornell. Heart pounding, I flipped to my inbox. 9 unread messages. Spam. Weird alumni newsletter. Advertisement for $20 lavender honey. Frantic email from coworker. Finaid reminder from Sinai. Receipt from Sigma Aldrich. And there – in between more spam and rejection form Stanford – was an acceptance. Elated. Love you lots, Weill. :,)
 
CONGRATULATIONS to all our newly admitted friends! And to those who received the tenuous WL, don't stress too much! There's definitely been movement from the WL in each class, although I don't really have a sense of how much. But there IS movement. Just keep Admissions updated and stay optimistic!

#1 priority is to make it to Second Look Weekend. The 1st years are super excited for it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone accepted.

It seems like most people who didn't get the acceptance got waitlisted rather than rejected. Anyone know roughly how big the waitlist is?
 
I called and the office said it is best to send through fax or snail mail, as they prefer to not have private information (tax info) sent through unsecured email. The woman also stated that once all the forms are in you can expect to receive your fin aid package within 7-10 business days.
thank you!
 
Congrats to everyone accepted.

It seems like most people who didn't get the acceptance got waitlisted rather than rejected. Anyone know roughly how big the waitlist is?
The million dollar question! Does anybody know? Anybody stalk last year's thread to see if it discusses the size of the waitlist?

Waitlisted here too. Sigh.
 
WL today. 🙁 I was wondering about submitting letters of intent. I understand that you must honor what you stated in your letter, but is it regardless of the financial aid package you might receive? (Does the LOI stand, even if you were to receive a poor financial aid package?)
 
Did anyone else get an email from Lori this morning about WL movement starting soon/have their heart jump out of their chest?

I had a feeling that email would be sent soon based on previous threads, but I was not mentally prepared to get an email from wcmc-admissions this early in the morning
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get an email from Lori this morning about WL movement starting soon/have their heart jump out of their chest?

I had a feeling that email would be sent soon based on previous threads, but I was not mentally prepared to get an email from wcmc-admissions this early in the morning

Yeah I knew it was coming from perusing last year's threads since this year the thread is not as active. I was actually expecting it to arrive yesterday lol. Never sent in a LOI, considering sending one today....
 
Just to be sure, we don't have to do anything if we want to stay on the WL, right? It just said to respond if we no longer wanted to be considered
 
Did anyone else get an email from Lori this morning about WL movement starting soon/have their heart jump out of their chest?
Yes.

Also,
I guess first calls may be as early as next week? Or do you imagine they need the whole next week to review?
 
Yes.

Also,
I guess first calls may be as early as next week? Or do you imagine they need the whole next week to review?

I'm not really sure...they probably already have some people in mind, so it could even be tomorrow. Last year with the May 15 (Thursday) deadline, they got emails on May 13 and first acceptances were on May 16 (Friday), so tomorrow is definitely possible.