-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Happiness!!II just now!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete August 18. LizzyM 71ish.Congratulations @tealeafdoc! If you don't mind my asking, when were you complete?
Is there a student hosting program? I'm interviewing on Feb 11 and I couldn't find any info about it.
Is there a student hosting program? I'm interviewing on Feb 11 and I couldn't find any info about it.
Yep there is... If you email the admissions office asking for a host, they will try to get you a host.
Awesome thank you!Yep there is... If you email the admissions office asking for a host, they will try to get you a host.
There is a blizzard coming to NYC tomorrow. I'll be flying. What should I do now? Will the interviews be canceled for this week?
I'm supposed to interview tomorrow, and as far as I'm aware nothing has been cancelled by WCMC yet. That being said, my flight home was cancelled tomorrow night (all flights to my home were cancelled after 8:30 am) and I rebooked to a flight on Tuesday at 4:30 pm. I'm sure they'll let people know and be understanding if you can't travel due to cancellations from the weather. The storm is getting a pretty big hype up here
Edit: Flights on Tuesday for me were also cancelled so leaving Wednesday now...just a heads up
Last edited:
Rejected today. Complete in August.
Me too. Somehow I had dodged rejections entirely to this point. Well I mean, I have been rejected lots of times by colleges, scholarships, jobs, and women, but not by a med school. Good luck to everyone in the running!Rejected today pre II. Complete late august. Happy to have made but this far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any IIs?
My interview is coming up and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their interview/experience was like? Also I'm from South Florida, so does anyone have tips on surviving the tundra? Congrats to all the IIs everybody! Still super surprised to be recivieing an interview to Cornell!
Best of Luck!
Best of Luck!
Also any suggestions on where to go if I have half a day free and it's my first time in NYC?
Echoing @frat337 , I too suggest checking out Central Park. Not sure if a half day affords you enough time to also walk along the High Line, but I found that to be pretty sweet as well.Also any suggestions on where to go if I have half a day free and it's my first time in NYC?
Last edited:
I did with regards to a newly a accepted publication. The office responded to my updates within three daysdid anyone send in post interview updates? I am thinking of it, but the email says "substantial updates" so I'm wondering if my update is "substantial" enough, haha.
did anyone send in post interview updates? I am thinking of it, but the email says "substantial updates" so I'm wondering if my update is "substantial" enough, haha.
I sent an update about some publications. Got a generic "your update has been received" response.
Based on previous years, sometime around four weeks from tomorrow (Friday, March 13th)Interviewed here recently, and they didn't mention when decisions would be out. I'm assuming mid-March, but did anyone get a more specific timeframe? Either way, good luck to those waiting!
Anyone else still waiting pre-II? It looks like a last batch of interview invites came out around february 10th last year..and it seems like no II's have come out this month yet. Perhaps we can expect their last II's to go out next week?
I got an II this past week. Hang in there!
March 13th would probably be the last day possible, I would think. Mainly because I don't think they would release on a weekend, and I remember reading somewhere that every school needs to have at least as many acceptances as seats by March 15th...since Cornell doesn't do rolling, that must mean they have to announce their decisions by March 15thBased on previous years, sometime around four weeks from tomorrow (Friday, March 13th)
As far as I can tell, our last three interview days are next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday...haven't heard anything from Admissions about adding any more.
Hey everyone! Are you guys filling out the FAFSA and Cornell's Financial Aid forms now? Or should we only apply for Cornell Financial Aid if/when we're accepted? The interview materials don't seem to mention a deadline date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Are you guys filling out the FAFSA and Cornell's Financial Aid forms now? Or should we only apply for Cornell Financial Aid if/when we're accepted? The interview materials don't seem to mention a deadline date.
I filled out the Fafsa already and included cornell in it, but I called and as far as the other forms they said just wait till decision day in March.
Why hello there, March, glad you could join us...and so the final countdown begins!
We don't, but based on the last few years its always been around March 15th.How do you know it's not going to be this week?
Someone on last year's thread came up with all the past acceptance dates based on past thread posts:
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
I've got my money on it being next Thursday (March 12).
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
I've got my money on it being next Thursday (March 12).
Someone on last year's thread came up with all the past acceptance dates based on past thread posts:
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
I've got my money on it being next Thursday (March 12).
thank you for digging this up!
there seems to be no pattern :/ but I'm also gonna put my guess on the 12th
Has anyone heard through the grapevine or asked when second look will be?
I know this might not be relevant to me come next week, but...I like to plan.
I know this might not be relevant to me come next week, but...I like to plan.
Last year it was on April 11, which fell on a Friday, so probably April 10 (Friday) this year?Has anyone heard through the grapevine or asked when second look will be?
I know this might not be relevant to me come next week, but...I like to plan.
EDIT: Guess not. See below (April 17-19).
Last edited:
Has anyone heard through the grapevine or asked when second look will be?
I know this might not be relevant to me come next week, but...I like to plan.
Second look is going to be from April 17th-19th! The first years are currently hard at work planning for it right now. 🙂
It's going to be right after we finish Renal, too, so the 1st years will be ready-and-raring to party with new admits that weekend!
YepWe don't have to fill out any fid stuff before we hear about acceptances right?
Has anybody called the office recently to ask about the decision release date?
I haven't tried, but I doubt they would say anything besides a generic "decisions will be released in mid-March, thank you for your patience and continued interest" etc etcHas anybody called the office recently to ask about the decision release date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend of mine called the office to ask. Apparently, they might send out decisions on the weekend.
That would be awful...I still think it's gonna be tomorrow though. Waiting sucks.A friend of mine called the office to ask. Apparently, they might send out decisions on the weekend.
Really pushing it with that AAMC March 15th deadline ..A friend of mine called the office to ask. Apparently, they might send out decisions on the weekend.
(source: https://www.aamc.org/download/364264/data/2014trafficrules.pdf)By March 15 of the matriculation year, each school or program have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
A friend of mine called the office to ask. Apparently, they might send out decisions on the weekend.
Noo...why... ;_;