You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected just now. Disappointing, though expected (as I expect to be rejected at all the schools that haven't interviewed me yet).
But respect to Cornell for finalizing the decision and letting me know.
+1 ouch! really liked this school.
I was complete mid august and am still in review. I have another interview in an NYC school in feb. Are they receptive to ITA's?
I'm only in boston, but it'd be nice to do these together if they consider ITA's. Looks like they interview on monday and weds, so it's possible it would work.
Kinda hard to send an ITA for something so far away when they have dates in dec/jan still available. I might hold off on doing it for a few more weeks. What say you SDN Denizens?
I'm only in boston, but it'd be nice to do these together if they consider ITA's. Looks like they interview on monday and weds, so it's possible it would work.
Kinda hard to send an ITA for something so far away when they have dates in dec/jan still available. I might hold off on doing it for a few more weeks. What say you SDN Denizens?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since decisions are released in March, an interview in February seems unlikely, but Cornell is receptive to ITAs.I was complete mid august and am still in review. I have another interview in an NYC school in feb. Are they receptive to ITA's?
I'm only in boston, but it'd be nice to do these together if they consider ITA's. What day do they interview?
Since decisions are released in March, an interview in February seems unlikely, but Cornell is receptive to ITAs.
I thought they interview till march?
My status:
Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Interviews occur from mid-September through early March, and interview invitations are extended throughout that time period. The class is selected in March. Other decisions are communicated starting in late August
I guess I stand corrected. I didn't think that Cornell would interview until March, considering that they sent out acceptances on 3/13 last year. However, I see that @Mather2012 got his/her interview invitation as late as February. Definitely send Cornell an ITA email.I thought they interview till march?
My status:
Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Interviews occur from mid-September through early March, and interview invitations are extended throughout that time period. The class is selected in March. Other decisions are communicated starting in late August
sorry to hear about the rejections. do these rejections come with a portal update? i'm wondering if i missed the email. i also have been complete since July with the same status as ridethecliche...
Yes, the email was accompanied by a very clear portal update.
Sorry, @HorseshoeLex, @Bovary, @HeLaDeala, @PopcornPrincess, @Lifeman and @hoodphenomenon. Dang. Hoping other adcoms see you more clearly. I haven't seen my rejection yet, but I strongly suspect the wait will not be long.Rejected as well, complete early august... Sad i really wanted to interview here
Sorry, @HorseshoeLex, @Bovary, @HeLaDeala, @PopcornPrincess, @Lifeman and @hoodphenomenon. Dang. Hoping other adcoms see you more clearly. I haven't seen my rejection yet, but I strongly suspect the wait will not be long.
I feel the same way... time for another update!!
Ouch. So long, Cornell.
Sad to join everyone on the rejection train 🙁
Aaaah! All these rejections are making me so nervous! I keep checking my email every 3 minutes expecting either an II or a rejection from Cornell! This is so nerve wracking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got the axe. Oh weill.
You would....
Sorry about all the bad news, everyone! I haven't heard a peep from them yet, so I'm guessing that my rejection letter is en route. Keeping my fingers crossed though! Cornell was one of my very top choice schools going into this cycle, so I'm grateful for every day that they keep my app around!
@claduva94, at least you have kept your sense of humor! As I told @researchismymiddlename long back, I comforted myself about my first rejection by dubbing it "Mayo-nays." Whatever! Sorry you and @VaNilla1 got unwelcome news. Hope that the next notification is more what you are looking for.Finally got the axe. Oh weill.
I was complete mid august and am still in review. I have another interview in an NYC school in feb. Are they receptive to ITA's?
I'm only in boston, but it'd be nice to do these together if they consider ITA's. Looks like they interview on monday and weds, so it's possible it would work.
Kinda hard to send an ITA for something so far away when they have dates in dec/jan still available. I might hold off on doing it for a few more weeks. What say you SDN Denizens?
Sorry to hear about all the recent rejections everyone. Chins up! You'll all get loads of good news elsewhere and get accepted to the med schools of your dreams, I'm sure of it. =]
Pretty sure Admissions is planning on interviewing on through the end of February, like last year. And like I said, I received my II in early February and interviewed mid-late-ish February and was accepted regular decision...so, yes. No news/no rejection means you're still in consideration. And yes, interviews are Mondays and Wednesdays (~16 people per day...so you can do math about approximately how many IIs are remaining, if you're so inclined/type A to do so).
sigh, just got the axe. just sent in an update yesterday too. oh well! it's almost a relief to have any answer at all.
Finally got rejected. Que sera sera 🙂
this makes me feel better knowing i got rejected at the same time as you. sounds like from your other posts that you'll be fine 🙂Finally got rejected. Que sera sera 🙂
this makes me feel better knowing i got rejected at the same time as you. sounds like from your other posts that you'll be fine 🙂
I'm confident that everything will work out for both of us 😀
@sunflower 18 and @gracekelly530, your status as medical student (accepted) screams success. Sorry to hear, though, that Weill disappointed you.Finally got rejected. Que sera sera 🙂
My mom says that "when [she] was just a little girl" and that "Que sera, sera" song was super-popular, she thought that the woman singing the song was named "Kay Sara Sara" but just pronounced it differently, as in tomayto / tomahto!
Hope other schools treat you better.
+1Still nothing...
I'm happy and hopeful to have held on so long, but apprehensive about a possible pending rejection! I would LOVE to visit Cornell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got the axe. Oh weill.
Finally got rejected. Que sera sera 🙂
You guuuyyys!!! This is horrible news 🙁 🙁 🙁 And here I was entertaining the hope that we could be the Three Medschoolteers at more than one option. 🙁 🙁 🙁 You all have amazing picks though, so no loss there!! And OMG @claduva94 Weill??? 😀
@claduva94, at least you have kept your sense of humor! As I told @researchismymiddlename long back, I comforted myself about my first rejection by dubbing it "Mayo-nays." Whatever! Sorry you and @VaNilla1 got unwelcome news. Hope that the next notification is more what you are looking for.
LOL! That was hilarious!!
Eh the joke was totally worth the rejection 😉 I had been waiting to use that one.You guuuyyys!!! This is horrible news 🙁 🙁 🙁 And here I was entertaining the hope that we could be the Three Medschoolteers at more than one option. 🙁 🙁 🙁 You all have amazing picks though, so no loss there!! And OMG @claduva94 Weill??? 😀
LOL! That was hilarious!!
@sunflower 18 and @gracekelly530, your status as medical student (accepted) screams success. Sorry to hear, though, that Weill disappointed you.
My mom says that "when [she] was just a little girl" and that "Que sera, sera" song was super-popular, she thought that the woman singing the song was named "Kay Sara Sara" but just pronounced it differently, as in tomayto / tomahto!
Hope other schools treat you better.
You need to change your username. 'Brat' is the last thing that comes to mind when I see all your posts.
You need to change your username. 'Brat' is the last thing that comes to mind when I see all your posts.
Oh she is a DARLING!! I met her when she visited my school and hosted her! A bona fide angel!
One of the people who lurk the application threads, but I've decided to actually start posting things! I got an II yesterday, complete 7/29, and I don't know if this plays into WCMC decisions, but my dad went there for his MD.
Last edited:
One of the people who lurk the application threads, but I've decided to actually start posting things! I got an II yesterday, complete 7/29, and I don't know if this plays into WCMC decisions, but my dad went there for his MD.
Glad you decided to speak, quietninja! I don't know if your dad's degree factors into the process, but thank you for being comfortable sharing that detail. Good luck on the interview!
Thanks! To be honest, I can't even remember if it asked on the secondary, but I know it's on my primary application. Also, it would appear that they're going back through the earlier complete dates right now, so hopefully a lot of you in limbo will hear soon!Glad you decided to speak, quietninja! I don't know if your dad's degree factors into the process, but thank you for being comfortable sharing that detail. Good luck on the interview!
Hey everybody!
There's a movement afoot. People are creating shared documents to distill SDN wisdom on specific schools. Others have made spreadsheets with interview and decision dates from last year's school-specific threads for Stanford, Dartmouth, and Jefferson. I spent my lunch break drafting a shareable one for Cornell.
SDN Weill Cornell Dates 2013-2014
Please feel free to browse and edit. If you make changes you can log them in the second sheet if you want.
Also, a plug for a master open FAQ originated by @hellanutella. Join the conversation in the Class of 2019 thread!
There's a movement afoot. People are creating shared documents to distill SDN wisdom on specific schools. Others have made spreadsheets with interview and decision dates from last year's school-specific threads for Stanford, Dartmouth, and Jefferson. I spent my lunch break drafting a shareable one for Cornell.
SDN Weill Cornell Dates 2013-2014
Please feel free to browse and edit. If you make changes you can log them in the second sheet if you want.
Also, a plug for a master open FAQ originated by @hellanutella. Join the conversation in the Class of 2019 thread!
It's a long walk from the nearest subway station. Good luck to everyone!
I guess you are not from NYC and not used to a bit of walking. This reminds me whenever I travel to Boston, I'll ask people direction about how to walk to certain places. People will almost alway try to convince me it's too far and I need to take the subway(s) even though in reality it's just a few blocks away. "It's a long walk" they say. 🙂It's a long walk from the nearest subway station. Good luck to everyone!
But in this weather, you are better off with Uber/Taxi or Cross town bus.
Any IIs recently? Submitted early August and all I have is radio silence. Let me know!
Any IIs recently? Submitted early August and all I have is radio silence. Let me know!
Same boat.
Any IIs recently? Submitted early August and all I have is radio silence. Let me know!
Same boat.
Just an FYI, the assistant dean of admissions had a family emergency this week, so I'm not sure if any IIs went out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like I'll have to book a place to stay overnight because nobody's willing to host me for my interview on Wednesday. Does anyone know any good, cheap resources to book accommodation close to Weill Cornell?
I'm surprised that nobody was able to host, is it a busy time for students now?
I'm surprised that nobody was able to host, is it a busy time for students now?
@
It's the week of our first exam for the the brand new HID course...I know a few classmates are being a little bit extra protective of their time over the course of this week. Sorry about that!
If you haven't booked a room yet and are looking for a male host, PM me.
It looks like I'll have to book a place to stay overnight because nobody's willing to host me for my interview on Wednesday. Does anyone know any good, cheap resources to book accommodation close to Weill Cornell?
I'm surprised that nobody was able to host, is it a busy time for students now?
It's the week of our first exam for the the brand new HID course...I know a few classmates are being a little bit extra protective of their time over the course of this week. Sorry about that!
If you haven't booked a room yet and are looking for a male host, PM me.
Is cornell receptive to pre-II update letters?
Yes, send them to this email address: [email protected]
II just now!!