2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on 7/3 and when I log in it says my app is complete and under review, but when I check the status is says it is incomplete and not submitted. Is anyone else having this problem?

Same. I'm not worried about it ... yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current students tell me more about the Music and Medicien program from experience?
 
im having trouble getting to the secondary site (i just want to check my status, as ive submitted my secondary a few days ago). can anybody post a link that works?
 
Hey guys,

I am having a lot of trouble with the secondary essay formatting? Seems like I just cannot get the summary page to recognize the spacing between my paragraphs. Is there a fix to this? Will the admission people see the spaces?
 
Hey guys,

I am having a lot of trouble with the secondary essay formatting? Seems like I just cannot get the summary page to recognize the spacing between my paragraphs. Is there a fix to this? Will the admission people see the spaces?

I had that problem too. I'm pretty sure it's not an issue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ding! Got an email today from Cornell.

Read: "Greetings!We have the pleasure of informing you....

Me feeling: oh yay II!!! it's my pleasure too!

Continue to read: "that your application for admission to the 2015 entering class at Weill Cornell is complete"
Me: Oh. Never mind. :smack:
 
Ding! Got an email today from Cornell.

Read: "Greetings!We have the pleasure of informing you....

Me feeling: oh yay II!!! it's my pleasure too!

Continue to read: "that your application for admission to the 2015 entering class at Weill Cornell is complete"
Me: Oh. Never mind. :smack:
Same exact thing happened to me
 
  • Like
Reactions: FFH
I just get "webpage is not available" whenever I try the secondary (tried the 2 links in the email and the one posted above if there is even any difference).....
 
Im trying to submit and for some reason its telling me that my first name in the signature field is different from the one on AMCAS - I checked its the same. I'm pretty sure I know my own name and its a very standard one - lol ......any hints on how to fix this.

NEVER MIND!!! - It decided randomly that my first name was my first name 🙂
 
Last edited:
Hoping to hear from Cornell soon. Definitely one of my top choices. I have another interview in NYC lined up, so it'd be great to combine my trips! I know their initial email said to feel free to contact them if you'll be in NYC, but I don't want to be too forward about that. Hopefully I'll hear soon and it'll be a non-issue!!
 
Hoping to hear from Cornell soon. Definitely one of my top choices. I have another interview in NYC lined up, so it'd be great to combine my trips! I know their initial email said to feel free to contact them if you'll be in NYC, but I don't want to be too forward about that. Hopefully I'll hear soon and it'll be a non-issue!!

Good luck with that 😉, I made 4 separate trips to NYC last cycle. Racked up a lot of points! :nod:
 
Cornell is amazing guys. I live in NYC and I took a tour of their facility once. It is second to none. Just walking through some of the hallways you would think you're in a hotel. Wait till you see the anatomy lab. 😉 And this is all from a 30 minute tour lol.
Best of luck to all. Wish I could apply but my MCAT score is no where near Cornell's level.
 
I went ahead and sent an in the area email. I figure the worst they can say is no.

I really want to also. But then again, I'd gladly make another trip to NYC to go to a Cornell interview, and I don't want them to think otherwise. Ugh! Hard decision.
 
I really want to also. But then again, I'd gladly make another trip to NYC to go to a Cornell interview, and I don't want them to think otherwise. Ugh! Hard decision.
I just included this in my email:

"I realize that this is relatively short notice and if I am not able to interview at this time, if necessary, I would be happy to travel to Cornell in the future."
 
I just included this in my email:

"I realize that this is relatively short notice and if I am not able to interview at this time, if necessary, I would be happy to travel to Cornell in the future."

Oh, that is a good line. I might have to do something similar. When did you ask to interview on? I would be interested in the second week of September, which might be too early... They might not be doing interviews yet at that point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, that is a good line. I might have to do something similar. When did you ask to interview on? I would be interested in the second week of September, which might be too early... They might not be doing interviews yet at that point.
I just said around the 4th to 9th range. But I also acknowledged that they may not have slots that early.
 
Stuck in traffic so I started looking at last year's thread... not exactly sure why I did that to myself.

Last year IIs came out on the 9th (the second Friday of August – see I even went back through my calendar, in true sdn neuroticism). Oh Weill, I could really do with some good news. :xf:
 
Stuck in traffic so I started looking at last year's thread... not exactly sure why I did that to myself.

Last year IIs came out on the 9th (the second Friday of August – see I even went back through my calendar, in true sdn neuroticism). Oh Weill, I could really do with some good news. :xf:

Oh my gosh! That's exciting!!! I hope you get some Cornell love, just for putting in that effort!! Crossing my fingers for all of us 🙂 An II from Weill Cornell would be a dream come true.
 
Stuck in traffic so I started looking at last year's thread... not exactly sure why I did that to myself.

Last year IIs came out on the 9th (the second Friday of August – see I even went back through my calendar, in true sdn neuroticism). Oh Weill, I could really do with some good news. :xf:
Maybe I should start doing that for all the schools. I only read last years' thread beginning-end for 1 school, from which I got my interview. Coincidence? I call that truth.

And for a more interesting read than last year's neurotic premeds expressing their neuroticism can be found here.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/stuck-up-med-school-girls.1088962/page-2
I'm amused.
 
Maybe I should start doing that for all the schools. I only read last years' thread beginning-end for 1 school, from which I got my interview. Coincidence? I call that truth.

And for a more interesting read than last year's neurotic premeds expressing their neuroticism can be found here.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/stuck-up-med-school-girls.1088962/page-2
I'm amused.

It's only weird if it doesn't work.

I typically don't stoop to superstition, but I never got below an A on any of my finals if I sang along to the entirety of Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" in the car right before walking into the exam. 4 years – used only in dire circumstances – and the ritual never failed me once. May have done the same thing for the MCAT... It's a little harder to make sense of these rituals when things are utterly, totally out of your control – like with apps.

Also: I hope I one day get to become a stuck-up med school girl. Bam. Lifelong dream fulfilled.
 
I hope I one day get to become a stuck-up med school girl. Bam. Lifelong dream fulfilled.

Oh Me too! I designed a uniform for us and all the like minded out there. Copy Rights reserved.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2014-08-07 23.51.27.png
    Screenshot 2014-08-07 23.51.27.png
    681.1 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
do they review these apps on a first come first serve basis based on the date of completion? or they sort them however they wish?
 
Just sent an in the area email as well. Already making two trips to NYC. Although I would definitely make another trip for Cornell, I'm trying to limit both travel costs and days of class missed.
 
Gonna send my in the area email:
"I am so totally gonna be in the area too because I am meeting up with a friend at UES for a drink. You should totally just interview me earlier that day so I don't have to travel 100 blocks away from my apartment and cross the Central Park."
 
Lol. That's why I felt the need to double specify that my college is not in NY. Was slightly worried they would just see my permanent/parents address and be like "Yeah....you live in the area. We know."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad