2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3819276-2297841649-tumbl.gif

II two hours ago. Approximate stats in mdapps with unique (non-medical) research experience. Beyond thrilled. I'm the first person from my UG to get an interview at an Ivy school – let alone Cornell – so I'm shocked.

Thank you! Enjoy your NYC trip if you aren't already living here. If you want to celebrate/prepare for a good interview and if you like Sushi, check out Yuka Sushi not far from the campus. My favorite thing is the all you can eat sushi for $22.99.

Uh... this is a must. I am an AYCE sushi fanatic (the one by my house costs $30 -__-). Thank you x10000 for the suggestion. Hope you're feeling better!
 
3819276-2297841649-tumbl.gif

II two hours ago. Approximate stats in mdapps with unique (non-medical) research experience. Beyond thrilled. I'm the first person from my UG to get an interview at an Ivy school – let alone Cornell – so I'm shocked.



Uh... this is a must. I am an AYCE sushi fanatic (the one by my house costs $30 -__-). Thank you x10000 for the suggestion. Hope you're feeling better!
You deserve this news! Already better! Levaquin isn't a drug to be joke about. Only one dose I went from almost dying from pain and fever and pneumonia to all fun and lively. Talking about appreciation for the power of modern medicine!
Let's go together to Yuka when you are here and anyone else who are sushi monsters are also invited.
 
You deserve this news! Already better! Levaquin isn't a drug to be joke about. Only one dose I went from almost dying from pain and fever and pneumonia to all fun and lively. Talking about appreciation for the power of modern medicine!
Let's go together to Yuka when you are here and anyone else who are sushi monsters are also invited.

It's on.
So so so glad to hear that! While IIs have not been proven to cure pneumonia, here's to hoping you get plenty more asap.
 
Thank you! Enjoy your NYC trip if you aren't already living here. If you want to celebrate/prepare for a good interview and if you like Sushi, check out Yuka Sushi not far from the campus. My favorite thing is the all you can eat sushi for $22.99.

That sounds amazing. I love sushi. I haven't gotten a Cornell interview, but I might have to check out that place when visiting NYU 🙂
 
That sounds amazing. I love sushi. I haven't gotten a Cornell interview, but I might have to check out that place when visiting NYU 🙂
You are welcome to join.You've got NYU. Equally amazing. The quality of life as an NYU med student improved quite a bit since the ground opening of Fairway Market. Fairway markets are like magical place, it has everything you might need in terms of cooking, every little weird foreign ingredients. They also have $7.99 door to door delivery for unlimited amount of purchase. That and the E/W village. Yum.
Who knows, maybe a Cornell II is traveling at speed of 3*10^8 m/s to you as of now.
 
You are welcome to join.You've got NYU. Equally amazing. The quality of life as an NYU med student improved quite a bit since the ground opening of Fairway Market. Fairway markets are like magical place, it has everything you might need in terms of cooking, every little weird foreign ingredients. They also have $7.99 door to door delivery for unlimited amount of purchase. That and the E/W village. Yum.
Who knows, maybe a Cornell II is traveling at speed of 3*10^8 m/s to you as of now.

Whoaaa that sounds amazing!!! I've never heard of that before!! I have so much to learn about NYC 🙂 that sounds really cool though!!

heh I like the way you think. I'm crossing my fingers! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to congratulating you as well, even though your post isn't as flashy. 😛. I hope I get to join you and other IIers soon!
Haha, thanks! I haven't been to NYC since back in high school, but a Cornell interview is just about the best reason to be visiting again
 
I've been waiting for Cornell to send its first invites for ages! Congrats to everyone who's got one, and enjoy your time in NYC!
 
For some reason, whatever you say, I always imagine a sharp and cute cartoon voice coming out of a flying and cheerful penguin.
Yes and Yes (I need one myself as well).

you'd be sordidly disappointed if we ever meet at an interview xD
 
I'm confused... I just checked the status of my application and it says:

"Your interview has been scheduled. Please call if you have any questions."

What does that mean? Do I have an interview or are they just playing with my emotions?
 
Congrats to everyone who got IIs today!

I'm confused... I just checked the status of my application and it says:

"Your interview has been scheduled. Please call if you have any questions."

What does that mean? Do I have an interview or are they just playing with my emotions?

Did you check your spam folder by any chance to see if you got an email from them?
 
Congrats to everyone who got IIs today!



Did you check your spam folder by any chance to see if you got an email from them?

Yeah, I checked it and I still didn't see it. I just want to know if those who got IIs have that status or is the school trolling with me.... I don't know how I should feel, haha.
 
Yeah, I checked it and I still didn't see it. I just want to know if those who got IIs have that status or is the school trolling with me.... I don't know how I should feel, haha.

I did NOT get an interview and I do NOT have that status if that helps at all! Good luck -- it sounds promising to me!
 
Yeah, I checked it and I still didn't see it. I just want to know if those who got IIs have that status or is the school trolling with me.... I don't know how I should feel, haha.

You should call... The email might have gotten lost in the interwebs then lol.
 
I'm confused... I just checked the status of my application and it says:

"Your interview has been scheduled. Please call if you have any questions."

What does that mean? Do I have an interview or are they just playing with my emotions?

I got an II, scheduled an interview, and my status says:

Please contact our Office of Admissions to schedule an interview ([email protected])

Definitely sounds like a promising status! Hope you got an II!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I checked it and I still didn't see it. I just want to know if those who got IIs have that status or is the school trolling with me.... I don't know how I should feel, haha.
I got an II, scheduled an interview, and my status says:



Definitely sounds like a promising status! Hope you got an II!

My status is the same as @hellanutella - I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but the way they do interview scheduling is by giving you a list of about 5 dates, with AM and PM slots available. You're then supposed to rank your preference, and they will assign you a date. That status is definitely intriguing, but if you were offered an interview and have not received this email/chosen a date, my gut would say that you should call the office to figure it out.

They may have forgotten to send an email, but it's weird that yours says your day has been scheduled. Might be a similar issue to when a lot of NYU applicants had "Rejected" on their portals.
 
Thanks guys! I got a number for the interviewing department in the status so I'll just call them tomorrow and see where I stand. I'm freaking out! Hope it all works in my favor!
 
Hi everyone! Long-time lurker and just joined the forum 🙂 I got an II here on Wednesday! So thrilled!!! :soexcited:

Where do most people fly into? JFK or La Guardia? I imagine Newark is farther away so I'm not considering that airport. I have a PM slot so I was hoping to fly in the morning. Any advice would be appreciated. I am having a hard time navigating the Interview Feedback webpage... :bang:
 
Hi everyone! Long-time lurker and just joined the forum 🙂 I got an II here on Wednesday! So thrilled!!! :soexcited:

Where do most people fly into? JFK or La Guardia? I imagine Newark is farther away so I'm not considering that airport. I have a PM slot so I was hoping to fly in the morning. Any advice would be appreciated. I am having a hard time navigating the Interview Feedback webpage... :bang:

I haven't gotten an interview here yet, but having lived in NYC for 5 years, I would highly recommend JFK over La guardia - much more reliable in arriving and departing on time, plus an easier navigation around the airport (at least since they've been remodeling JFK in the past few years... it's still as confusing as airports go). Depending on your arrival time, getting into the city by cab can take from 20 mins to an hour, with an average travel time of half an hour. If you prefer the subway, the E from the airport's airtrain will take you pretty close to Cornell - you can transfer and go another stop, or cab/walk it from there. Hope that helps a bit!
 
Hi everyone! Long-time lurker and just joined the forum 🙂 I got an II here on Wednesday! So thrilled!!! :soexcited:

Where do most people fly into? JFK or La Guardia? I imagine Newark is farther away so I'm not considering that airport. I have a PM slot so I was hoping to fly in the morning. Any advice would be appreciated. I am having a hard time navigating the Interview Feedback webpage... :bang:

I actually wouldn't discount Newark. NJ Transit trains go straight from Newark Airport to NYC in ~20 minutes.
 
I haven't gotten an interview here yet, but having lived in NYC for 5 years, I would highly recommend JFK over La guardia - much more reliable in arriving and departing on time, plus an easier navigation around the airport (at least since they've been remodeling JFK in the past few years... it's still as confusing as airports go). Depending on your arrival time, getting into the city by cab can take from 20 mins to an hour, with an average travel time of half an hour. If you prefer the subway, the E from the airport's airtrain will take you pretty close to Cornell - you can transfer and go another stop, or cab/walk it from there. Hope that helps a bit!

Thank you for the quick response! That is great advice.

I am sure you will get an interview here soon and at many other places... your application is very strong! I notice that we're interviewing at Pittsburgh on the same day, which is fantastic. Thanks again.
 
Agreed on newerk. Depending on where you're flying from, in my experience, southwest into newerk is always by far the cheapest.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FFH
I fly into Newark all the time and you just take Amtrak to Penn Station in the heart of midtown Manhattan and you're good to go. Newark is def the best place to fly into.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today. But I had a question for you guys. The dates in the email were all in September. However, I already have seven interviews scheduled in September. Given that Cornell is non-rolling, would it be acceptable/advisable to ask for a date in october?

It won't matter if you interview in October, and this happens quite often so most schools are quite accommodating. They should be fine with you asking for another date. Congrats on the II!
 
II today. But I had a question for you guys. The dates in the email were all in September. However, I already have seven interviews scheduled in September. Given that Cornell is non-rolling, would it be acceptable/advisable to ask for a date in october?
Congrats! You must have done some good work to warrant such a good start of the cycle--i remembered you have another good II. Anyway, may I ask when were you marked complete for Cornell?
I love your avatar btw.
 
II today. But I had a question for you guys. The dates in the email were all in September. However, I already have seven interviews scheduled in September. Given that Cornell is non-rolling, would it be acceptable/advisable to ask for a date in october?

I haven't yet received an II but I too would have this question 🙂 Let me know how it turns out!