You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II 9/23, complete 8/17 OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today.
Complete 7/10.
Complete 7/10.
Wow..but you look like you have alot of invites which is great..kinda shocking...what MCAT are they looking for omg..Rejected today.
Complete 7/10.
Thanks! I'm not too discouraged--maybe they just thought I wouldn't have ended up going thereWow..but you look like you have alot of invites which is great..kinda shocking...what MCAT are they looking for omg..

Complete date?Rejected! Bye, BU
Dear BU,
I have family in your area who are asking me to visit before I leave the country AND Virgin airlines is having a great sale right now. Please extend me an II, as the timing would be quite convenient. Thanks,
-mehc012
Dear mehc012,
-BU
Get it? It's silence
Dear mehc012,
-BU
Get it? It's silence
This is one of my favs so far. Levity is always appreciatedDear mehc012,
-BU
Get it? It's silence
anyone with success with ITA emails to BU? i'm going to be in boston in a few weeks and would love to make it only one trip if BU decides to interview me.
what is usually written in these ITA emails anyway?
what is usually written in these ITA emails anyway?
What is/did everyone do for hotels?
I'm staying in a hotel that's about a mile from campus. 20 min walk or I might Uber (if my credit card isn't maxed out by interview day)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm staying in a hotel that's about a mile from campus. 20 min walk or I might Uber (if my credit card isn't maxed out by interview day)
Where exactly is your hotel? BU's campus isn't in the greatest of neighborhoods, so be careful!
Oh c'mon don't be one of those guys fear mongering about how bad of a neighborhood Southie is 🙄Where exactly is your hotel? BU's campus isn't in the greatest of neighborhoods, so be careful!
Oh c'mon don't be one of those guys fear mongering about how bad of a neighborhood Southie is 🙄
It's been known to produce handsome math geniuses
Oh c'mon don't be one of those guys fear mongering about how bad of a neighborhood Southie is 🙄
it's in the south end, not south boston 🙂
It would be really nice to get an II here not only because I really would like to have the opportunity to consider this school, but also because its one of the few cities I actually know how to get around. Not to mention, I'd love to get some delicious Italian food and pastries in the north end *food coma*
😍
😍Whoops that's what I meant. Obviously not a native Bostonian here, I always thought Southie was the South End... 🤔it's in the south end, not south boston 🙂
The point stands. The neighborhood is fine. I live there.
mind sharing when you were complete?Rejected this morning. Good luck to the rest!
I believe I submitted my secondary in mid- to late- July.mind sharing when you were complete?
You cannot be rejected post-interview before October 15 in any school (unless you are early decision).pre or post interview? When were you complete?
You cannot be rejected post-interview before October 15 in any school (unless you are early decision).
I believe you can be rejected, you just can't be accepted or waitlisted.
Post-interview results are not allowed to be released until 10/15pre or post interview? When were you complete?
If they have already decided to reject you, but haven't as of yet, then regardless of you sending them something or not, you're going to get rejected..... Your fear makes no sense. It is still early in the application cycle. Calm down. 🙂I'm so nervous because I haven't heard back
I want to make contact but I'm also afraid that it's going to get them to notice that they havent rejected me yet 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha very understandable mistake! And yep--agreed, parts are super nice, other areas less so, but overall I've had no issuesWhoops that's what I meant. Obviously not a native Bostonian here, I always thought Southie was the South End... 🤔
The point stands. The neighborhood is fine. I live there.
Rejected this morning. Oh well!
Sorry to hear. What was your complete date? And best of luck on your other schools!
I was complete 07/22. Thanks! Best of luck to you, too!Sorry to hear. What was your complete date? And best of luck on your other schools!
Complete 8/14 and still waiting... I see some people who got II's who submitted after I did, but I also see a lot of rejection notifications from people who submitted mid-July. So maybe they take longer to notify you if they reject you. Does not bode well...
I was hoping doing well in their MAMS program would help but there are just so many applicants- it's hard to set yourself apart.
I was hoping doing well in their MAMS program would help but there are just so many applicants- it's hard to set yourself apart.
Anyone want to share interview experience?
Anyone want to share interview experience?
There was a presentation in the morning about the history of the school, followed by a single, 1-hr interview. The interview was friendly and conversational (none of the other interviewees said otherwise). That was followed by a 1-hr discussion with a professor while the other half of the interviewees had their interviews. We then had lunch with current students, and a brief tour which included the anatomy lab. Last, there were presentations on curriculum, financial aid, and the next steps in the selection process.
Everyone was very enthusiastic about the school, and I came away with a great impression of it. I hope your interview day goes just as well!
Just for perspective, last year I was complete mid-July and wasn't rejected until October. No valid theory as to why or when I was actually reviewed, but the system isn't linear in the results.
I'm sorry to hear that. I really appreciate you coming on here to give us some information, though. I'm sure others on this thread also appreciate it, so thank you! Hope you saw success elsewhere.Just for perspective, last year I was complete mid-July and wasn't rejected until October. No valid theory as to why or when I was actually reviewed, but the system isn't linear in the results.
I'm sorry to hear that. I really appreciate you coming on here to give us some information, though. I'm sure others on this thread also appreciate it, so thank you! Hope you saw success elsewhere.
Nope. Re-app. Interviewed 4 places last year, waitlisted at all with no movement. Hoping for more positive outcomes this year.
Thank you! 🙂There was a presentation in the morning about the history of the school, followed by a single, 1-hr interview. The interview was friendly and conversational (none of the other interviewees said otherwise). That was followed by a 1-hr discussion with a professor while the other half of the interviewees had their interviews. We then had lunch with current students, and a brief tour which included the anatomy lab. Last, there were presentations on curriculum, financial aid, and the next steps in the selection process.
Everyone was very enthusiastic about the school, and I came away with a great impression of it. I hope your interview day goes just as well!
Interviewed 4 places last year, waitlisted at all with no movement.
This scares me :/
Again, sorry to hear that. Thank you again for chiming in and giving us some insight. Hope you have success this year! Rooting for you.Nope. Re-app. Interviewed 4 places last year, waitlisted at all with no movement. Hoping for more positive outcomes this year.
There was a presentation in the morning about the history of the school, followed by a single, 1-hr interview. The interview was friendly and conversational (none of the other interviewees said otherwise). That was followed by a 1-hr discussion with a professor while the other half of the interviewees had their interviews. We then had lunch with current students, and a brief tour which included the anatomy lab. Last, there were presentations on curriculum, financial aid, and the next steps in the selection process.
Everyone was very enthusiastic about the school, and I came away with a great impression of it. I hope your interview day goes just as well!
Thanks for the heads up. I'm working under the assumption the interview is blind? I've not yet been told who I'm supposed to be meeting with.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You get a bio of your interviewer in the morning with your info packet.Thanks for the heads up. I'm working under the assumption the interview is blind? I've not yet been told who I'm supposed to be meeting with.
You get a bio of your interviewer in the morning with your info packet.
Open or closed application interview? I'm assuming because they're on the adcom they will have seen my application.
Open or closed application interview? I'm assuming because they're on the adcom they will have seen my application.
Open file.
Open file.
My first one. This'll be fun, I hope they ask about the more obscure stuff.
II! 72 with 37 MCAT
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K