2015-2016 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but one of the papers they gave us at the interview says that they accepted 268 students out of 322 who interviewed. I don't know what year it was from, and it doesn't break it down into IS/OOS, but it's still pretty comforting to think that getting an interview could mean an 80%+ chance at getting in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
potentially dumb question about updates: when they say we have 3 updates and 2000 characters total available, do they mean each update can be 2000 characters or all 3 have to fit into 2000 characters?
 
Do you guys think submitting my secondary to FAU this late in the game would be a waste of time? I have a 3.87s, 3.85c and 25 MCAT (which is why I applied to mainly DO schools) I guess I didn't think I was competitive so kind of put this school on the back burner even though I did go to FAU undergrad and love this school. I already have 3 interviews for DO schools. I have ridiculous EC's (ER scribe, registered MA, sorority, research, other clubs/organizations on campus). Anyone have any input? Is it too late to submit secondary?
 
Do you guys think submitting my secondary to FAU this late in the game would be a waste of time? I have a 3.87s, 3.85c and 25 MCAT (which is why I applied to mainly DO schools) I guess I didn't think I was competitive so kind of put this school on the back burner even though I did go to FAU undergrad and love this school. I already have 3 interviews for DO schools. I have ridiculous EC's (ER scribe, registered MA, sorority, research, other clubs/organizations on campus). Anyone have any input? Is it too late to submit secondary?

I would say if you want to come here then go ahead and apply! I don't think the application fee is that bad, and I know they accept people all the way through the cycle. You might be at a disadvantage being a bit late, but it can't hurt to apply. I will say that FAU has been increasingly raising the bar for MCAT scores, so that could be an impediment. But again, you don't have much to lose by applying, especially if you went to FAU undergrad.
 
Sent in secondary 9/26. They only took a week to change my status from "in review" to "preliminary review completed".
Based on others responses, I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing!
 
Sent in secondary 9/26. They only took a week to change my status from "in review" to "preliminary review completed".
Based on others responses, I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing!
I've been at "preliminary review complete" since 9/21 and still no word from FAU
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take them to change your status from "review in progress"?
I submitted my secondary on 8/26, but I'm not sure exactly when I got the "review in progress" status. Probably around a week after I submitted. Let me add that I'm IS, if that makes any difference in wait time.
 
The II email says arrive between 9:45 and 10 but the itinerary says arrival 9-9:30. Thoughts?
I got there at 9:45 and was fine. They didn't start until 10 am. Just give yourself time to get to the med school. It's in the back of the campus by the football stadium, and I think the directions that they gave were confusing.
 
Do you guys think submitting my secondary to FAU this late in the game would be a waste of time? I have a 3.87s, 3.85c and 25 MCAT (which is why I applied to mainly DO schools) I guess I didn't think I was competitive so kind of put this school on the back burner even though I did go to FAU undergrad and love this school. I already have 3 interviews for DO schools. I have ridiculous EC's (ER scribe, registered MA, sorority, research, other clubs/organizations on campus). Anyone have any input? Is it too late to submit secondary?

If you don't apply you'll never know! Most of my classmates had fairly high MCATs but if you would love to come here why not give it a shot?
 
Alternate list for me, I'm not complaining though, I got an acceptance elsewhere!!! Good luck everyone! Wishing everyone the best!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who have interviewed already, what was it like?

Very relaxed. Two one on one interviews, one traditional and one with behavioral style questions - these are just like job interview questions, like "Have you ever been in X situation before? What did you do? How did you handle it?" So don't stress out 🙂 if you have specific questions lemme know. Also they didn't serve breakfast just FYI...I did not realize this so I was starving until lunch lol.
 
Waitlisted :sorry: ahhh. supposedly they dig deep into it so, who knows. Sucks to have to wait until spring though.
 
I am going NUTS trying to figure out how to contact FAU! I can't find an email OR a phone number for their admissions office! Anybody!??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do I send a new recommendation letter from Interfolio? Do I just send directly to FAU or does it have to go to AMCAS first, and then sent to FAU?