2015-2016 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do I send a new recommendation letter from Interfolio? Do I just send directly to FAU or does it have to go to AMCAS first, and then sent to FAU?
The latter

Members don't see this ad.

Interview scheduled for December 11th! Stoked to visit the campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
II!! Beyond stoked to visit Boca! II scheduled for 12/4. Preliminary Review Complete 9/21, Stats: 3.6 cGPA, 513 MCAT (Low CARS score).

ACCEPTED! Haven't received the phone call yet, but my portal status just updated.

So excited for my first acceptance!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have interviewed, what is the format of the interview?

I have been complete since 8/04 and it's been complete silence since then.. Does that mean silent rejection?

I have been complete since 8/04 and it's been complete silence since then.. Does that mean silent rejection?
Absolutely not. Don't assume a rejection until it's officially sent to you, it's way too early to be pessimistic.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! Feels surreal to have an acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
No II yet. Just sent in another update.

For those of you further along in the interview/acceptance process, does FAU change your status prior to their II (like "File Review Complete" similar to a pre-II hold) or will it always be "Review in Progress" until they've decided to interview or reject?

For those of you further along in the interview/acceptance process, does FAU change your status prior to their II (like "File Review Complete" similar to a pre-II hold) or will it always be "Review in Progress" until they've decided to interview or reject?
The status will change to "Preliminary Review Completed" at some point.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing on 12/11! Does anyone know if the behavior interview is something we can prepare for or is it just more focused on making sure we aren't nuts.

Interviewing on 12/11! Does anyone know if the behavior interview is something we can prepare for or is it just more focused on making sure we aren't nuts.

Good luck! I'm also interviewing on 12/11!

The behavioral interview was very relaxed! Don't worry too much about it, just answer honestly. They stressed before the interview that the interviewers are very good at knowing the difference between honest and disingenuous answers. The overall interview was only about an hour and very relaxed. Great school and awesome interview day. Just be yourself!

Reactions: 2 users
Finally received notification in the mail that I was placed on the alternate list (sad day). I noticed in last year's application thread that applicants were placed on either the "alternate list" or the "accepted alternate list". My letter stated only the former. Anyone in here on the wait list who received the latter wording or have an invite to second look included in their letter?

Trying to figure out if they are using the same system this year as those on the "accepted alternate list" in previous cycles seem to have had better luck receiving a true acceptance later in the Spring.

The interviews today were great. They were both over before I knew it. Don't stress about it, everyone there did an awesome job of making us comfortable and relaxed. It's clear that the school puts a lot into you and truly cares about their students, and in the end I think that makes all the difference. It was great being back at my Alma Mater =D

Where did you send your update? Couldn't find anything through the portal. Did you snail mail or email?
If you choose "Home" from whatever screen you're on, you'll see "Submit Application Update" under Step 2.

Random question here, but I checked my portal and noticed that I've been assigned an FAU ID. Does everybody have this happen? I don't remember seeing it last time I checked!

Random question here, but I checked my portal and noticed that I've been assigned an FAU ID. Does everybody have this happen? I don't remember seeing it last time I checked!
I just checked mine since you just mentioned this. I too have not seen this FAU ID in the past. It is right under my AMCAS #. I do not have an FAU ID # though in the slot.
It's formatted like this:
AMCAS ID: (my number)
FAU ID: (blank)

I just checked mine since you just mentioned this. I too have not seen this FAU ID in the past. It is right under my AMCAS #. I do not have an FAU ID # though in the slot.
It's formatted like this:
FAU ID: (blank)
Yea I have that too now. Hopefully it's good news! Lol

Mine is
FAU ID: (another random number)

I haven't interviewed here yet, but I'm hoping to!

For those who interviewed in the last month, isn't the committee meeting today and our statuses changing depending on the committee's decision? Or are they updating everything tomorrow?

Exciting to see something change on the status page. May not mean much--but exciting nonetheless!

For those who interviewed in the last month, isn't the committee meeting today and our statuses changing depending on the committee's decision? Or are they updating everything tomorrow?

I interviewed on the 11th, and they said that the committee had already met for December (Prior to the 11th).

I interviewed on the 11th, and they said that the committee had already met for December (Prior to the 11th).
Ahh I remembered wrong. Tomorrow statuses will change for those who interviewed prior to December 8th I believe. Emails sent out on the 18th. Just checked my interview notes.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance...hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance...hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck

I think we've applied to similar schools because I've seen this post multiple times! Congrats on all your acceptances and interviews :) Glad you got into your preferred school, thanks for the update!

I think we've applied to similar schools because I've seen this post multiple times! Congrats on all your acceptances and interviews :) Glad you got into your preferred school, thanks for the update!

haha oops! Definitely didn't intend to spam anyone :) Thanks for the kind words and best wishes!

Just submitted my first update last night. Hopefully this will move my application further and give me an interview :) Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

Just declined my acceptance and it was one of the hardest things Ive ever done. Hopefully it goes to someone on here. FAU is really unbelievable and seems like an amazing environment to spend 4 years in. Best of luck everyone! :)

Just declined my acceptance and it was one of the hardest things Ive ever done. Hopefully it goes to someone on here. FAU is really unbelievable and seems like an amazing environment to spend 4 years in. Best of luck everyone! :)
Just tell them that you want to give your acceptance to me! I'm sure they will be fine with that :p. Anyways good luck wherever you end up!

Are there two waitlists at FAU (HPWL and alternate)?

Also, do all updates or letters of intent/interest have to go on that little 3000 character space they allot us? Or are direct emails acceptable. The admissions staff insists all should go through the space on the website.

I asked a similar question a little earlier in this thread and it didn't seem like anyone this cycle knew. In previous years, they have used two different wordings on the wait list letters sent out to applicants ("accepted alternate" and "alternate"). I received the latter wording and am very interested to know whether there are any "accepted alternates" ahead of me.

Also, do all updates or letters of intent/interest have to go on that little 3000 character space they allot us? Or are direct emails acceptable. The admissions staff insists all should go through the space on the website.

Yes they do. I did my update recently and I too freaked out about the 3000 character limit lol I just listed everything out. Doing that I used up half of the character count allowing me to add stuff should I need to in the future.

I asked a similar question a little earlier in this thread and it didn't seem like anyone this cycle knew. In previous years, they have used two different wordings on the wait list letters sent out to applicants ("accepted alternate" and "alternate"). I received the latter wording and am very interested to know whether there are any "accepted alternates" ahead of me.
at our interview day we were told that the alternate list is broken up into A, B, and C but that they can't tell us which tier we're in. so I'm assuming everyone just got the "alternate" status

at our interview day we were told that the alternate list is broken up into A, B, and C but that they can't tell us which tier we're in. so I'm assuming everyone just got the "alternate" status
Yea that is what I remember too. They said the alternate list is broken into thirds and that they don't tell you which third you are in.

Yes I recall them saying that as well, but historically they have indirectly communicated it via the letter. Hence my slightly neurotic interest.