-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate list. Damn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you haven't been rejected, there's always hope. It's a loooonnnnggggg process.I am still in review is in progress, any hope for me...?
PREACHIf you haven't been rejected, there's always hope. It's a loooonnnnggggg process.
II today.
If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? And did you receive an email or see the update on the portal?
If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? And did you receive an email or see the update on the portal?
Complete Sept. 2. I received the II email at 8:03 this morning.
Complete Sept. 2. I received the II email at 8:03 this morning.
Thanks so much! Congrats!
That's awesome! I have some hope now, I completed the 2ndary by the end of september
congrats ..if you dont mind when is the interview date..could you pm?II today.
congrats ..if you dont mind when is the interview date..could you pm?
Jan. 25
Any recent II's? I've been complete since October... my status just says "review in progress"
Any recent II's? I've been complete since October... my status just says "review in progress"
Same here. Complete 10/3 and status changed to review in progress on 10/17. No news on my end either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 sent in an update a few weeks ago. hopefully it'll helpSame here. Complete 10/3 and status changed to review in progress on 10/17. No news on my end either.
Not that I recall. I simply checked the portal shortly after 9:30am on the day we were told to expect admission decisions. I then received a letter via USPS that articulated it further.For those on the alternate list, did any of you receive an e-mail when your portal got updated?
Hope that helps
Any recent II's? I've been complete since October... my status just says "review in progress"
Been complete since August...Blows my mind they can't take the time to atleast send out an email and give me a status update. SMFH.
Been complete since August...Blows my mind they can't take the time to atleast send out an email and give me a status update. SMFH.
Stay positive! There's still hope!
Stay positive! There's still hope!
I know I know...but lord it is dwindling fast!
My interview was given by a PhD who asked ethical questions and also asked for personal experiences dealing with some of those situations. Overall it was very relaxed, just be yourself and be honest. They told us before interviewing that they specifically look for any evidence of dishonesty or misinformation.Previous interviewees...can any one comment on what the behavioral interview consists of?
Thanks!
Previous interviewees...can any one comment on what the behavioral interview consists of?
Thanks!
They asked me some strange questions. One of mine was "have you ever been in a situation when somebody told you something in confidence and then somebody else asked you to spill the beans. How did you handle it?" Another one was, "what would you do in a situation when you unknowingly broke a rule in the workplace and were later confronted about it?"
Hey there guys! For those who have interviewed before, did FAU mention if their class size was full already/if current interviewees were interviewing for a waitlist spot? Or did they mention anything like how much of their class has already been filled?
Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! 🙂
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?
Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! 🙂
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?
It depends on the interviewer that you get. Some people will ask science related questions, and some wont. The behavior interview is designed to explore your personal experiences (with specific examples), because previous behavior is generally a good predictor of future behavior. Don't stress it.Hey there guys! For those who have interviewed before, did FAU mention if their class size was full already/if current interviewees were interviewing for a waitlist spot? Or did they mention anything like how much of their class has already been filled?
Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! 🙂
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?
No they didn't mention whether their class was filled or anything like that but I interviewed in early December. The behavioral interview was 30 minutes so I got asked around 10 questions. They were mostly "think of a time when x happened and how did you handle it". I did not receive any healthcare questions. The traditional interview was just getting to know you better. Awesome interview especially getting to see the simulation center. Again it's a relaxed interview and they really are just trying to understand you better than the words on your app.Hey there guys! For those who have interviewed before, did FAU mention if their class size was full already/if current interviewees were interviewing for a waitlist spot? Or did they mention anything like how much of their class has already been filled?
Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! 🙂
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?
They mentioned at my interview that they have a lot of waitlist movement. So being waitlisted means you still have a good chance after April 30. They also mentioned that they invite students from their high alternate list to Second Look. So if you get invited to Second Look after being waitlisted you know that you are ranked high on the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!! I didn't think there'd be movement from the alternate list yet. did you get a call or email?Accepted!it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.
Congrats! Did you send in an update m/ letter of intent?Accepted!it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.
Congrats! Did you send in an update m/ letter of intent?
Thanks! and no, I did not send any updates or intent.
Wow that's awesome! You give hope to people like me on the WL!Thanks! and no, I did not send any updates or intent.
congrats!! I didn't think there'd be movement from the alternate list yet. did you get a call or email?
I was surprised about the early wait-list movement, too. I received a call and an e-mail, a letter will be sent in the next couple weeks.
Accepted!it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.
Wow, congratulations man. Hope to be joining you soon!
Thanks! And best of luck to you.Wow, congratulations man. Hope to be joining you soon!
Boca Raton native here, and I've been at "review in progress" for over 3 months now 🙁 FAU has by far been my top choice throughout this cycle, not just because it's in my hometown, but simply because it truly has an outstanding medical program. Slowly losing hope for an interview invitation, but genuine congrats to all of those who will be attending! You will not be disappointed.
Has the information about second look been released yet?
I don't think so
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Hello. Interviewed in January, currently on the alternate list.
Does anyone know how many applicants were ultimately offered an FAU acceptance last year? Are the official stats available anywhere?
Had a great experience on interview day. Would love nothing more than to attend.
Does anyone know how many applicants were ultimately offered an FAU acceptance last year? Are the official stats available anywhere?
Had a great experience on interview day. Would love nothing more than to attend.
Hello. Interviewed in January, currently on the alternate list.
Does anyone know how many applicants were ultimately offered an FAU acceptance last year? Are the official stats available anywhere?
Had a great experience on interview day. Would love nothing more than to attend.
I second this. Any info would help.
I also am on the alternate list. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone accepted heard about scholarships and FinAid yet? We were told on my interview day that the committee meets to discuss those in February, but I have heard nothing since. I've also emailed and called the admissions office, but haven't been able to reach anyone. Any current students, please feel free to chime in!
Anyone accepted heard about scholarships and FinAid yet? We were told on my interview day that the committee meets to discuss those in February, but I have heard nothing since. I've also emailed and called the admissions office, but haven't been able to reach anyone. Any current students, please feel free to chime in!
Edit: 7-10 business days from today!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Are you IS or OOS?got invited to second look this morning! I'm on the alternate list so I guess this is a good sign
ISAre you IS or OOS?


it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.