-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
damn 🙁. email or status change online?
No email - just a status change in the applicant portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put on hold as well. Complete 9/9
What are the odds of getting an II off of the hold list?
What are the odds of getting an II off of the hold list?
Put on hold as well. Complete 9/9
What are the odds of getting an II off of the hold list?
Seems hard to tell considering reporting bias but I'd say probably worse than a coin flip but better than nothing.
Congrats!!!, do you mind sharing your stats?II this morning! No hold, complete 9/2
sure! 72 LizzyM. retook mcat. good luck everyone, interview coordinator was very responsive and nice!Congrats!!!, do you mind sharing your stats?
II invite! Woooooo! Complete last week of August. Was never put on hold. Lizzym <70
II here just now!!! Never out on hold, complete last few days of August. LizzyM also about 68/69.
Are you interviewing on the 29th?
Hold for re-review :/
Anyone know about student hosts here? I know the website states it's student run with limited availability, and to reply to the interview invite email to inquire about it... I'd really like to stay with a student host to meet students and get a more legit review of the school (the good and the bad). It says to inquire if you are unable to make other accommodations - I'm sure I can stay in a hotel (ugh, $$$), but I'd prefer a student host.
Anyone have any experience with student hosts at GWU?
Anyone have any experience with student hosts at GWU?
Anyone know about student hosts here? I know the website states it's student run with limited availability, and to reply to the interview invite email to inquire about it... I'd really like to stay with a student host to meet students and get a more legit review of the school (the good and the bad). It says to inquire if you are unable to make other accommodations - I'm sure I can stay in a hotel (ugh, $$$), but I'd prefer a student host.
Anyone have any experience with student hosts at GWU?
I stayed with a student host at my interview earlier this month. I inquired about student hosts after I got the II and about 1.5 weeks before the interview I was matched with a student, we exchanged phone numbers and figured out logistics - I think it worked well for me. However, I did speak to several people at my interview that said they did not get matched with a student. I think GW does a good job though of letting you know that at least 1-2 weeks before the interview in order for you to make hotel arrangements as needed. I would go ahead and inquire and just see what happens!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thoughts on whether there is hope to get off the hold?
For those of you that received invites did you receive an email?
Yes, the portal will only say that you've received correspondence from them and to check your email.
Secondary complete August 30th. Is no news = rejection? Any input?
Secondary complete August 30th. Is no news = rejection? Any input?
I was complete August 21st and just received an invite yesterday. Your file hasn't been reviewed until your status on the portal changes to "Your file is under review." A few days later you'll either get an II or put on hold.
Complete 9/9. Put on hold today. Has GW rejected anybody yet?
I dont think so.Complete 9/9. Put on hold today. Has GW rejected anybody yet?
LMAO!I dont think so.
D
deleted689863
Complete 9/10. Put on hold for re-review. : /
Canadian Applicant. Put on hold for re-review 🙁 Complete 8/30. Anyone here got off the hold list?
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here as I haven't even had my interview yet but..
Do most students have cars the first 2 years at GWU? I hear parking is something like $300/month. I've never been to DC before so I'm not sure if it's something like Manhattan where no one has a car and they use public transportation
Do most students have cars the first 2 years at GWU? I hear parking is something like $300/month. I've never been to DC before so I'm not sure if it's something like Manhattan where no one has a car and they use public transportation
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here as I haven't even had my interview yet but..
Do most students have cars the first 2 years at GWU? I hear parking is something like $300/month. I've never been to DC before so I'm not sure if it's something like Manhattan where no one has a car and they use public transportation
You can absolutely get around the DC area without a car, and it's generally encouraged as our traffic is among the worst in the nation. (Really: it's awful.) That being said, our metro system is kind of a mess at the moment. Just gotta weigh the pros and cons against your personal preferences.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been put on hold for re-review and then received an II sometime after?
D
deleted689863
Has anyone been put on hold for re-review and then received an II sometime after?
Based on last year's thread, there were several people who received an II after being put on hold. So, not over yet!
put on hold. completed 9/6. Don't know when I was put on hold.
I think a lot of people do. I was on hold for re-review for a week until I got my II. Earlier on this cycle it seemed like the majority of applicants were being put on hold for re review before receiving II's.Has anyone been put on hold for re-review and then received an II sometime after?
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here as I haven't even had my interview yet but..
Do most students have cars the first 2 years at GWU? I hear parking is something like $300/month. I've never been to DC before so I'm not sure if it's something like Manhattan where no one has a car and they use public transportation
There is DC metro I think for public transit. Parking is kind of a pain there though
Submitted on 8/29 and no news, anyone else in the same boat?
Submitted 7/12 still on holdSubmitted on 8/29 and no news, anyone else in the same boat?
Same, except submitted late July. No hold, still "your file is now complete"Submitted on 8/29 and no news, anyone else in the same boat?
7/16 on hold for re-reviewed :/Submitted 7/12 still on hold
Also on hold for re-review (complete 9/6).. but I only knew because I checked the portal. Did you guys receive e-mails notifying you of the hold?
Hello fellow UCSD affiliated medical school applicant! No, just the portal.🙂Also on hold for re-review (complete 9/6).. but I only knew because I checked the portal. Did you guys receive e-mails notifying you of the hold?
Hello fellow UCSD affiliated medical school applicant! No, just the portal.🙂









😀Hold as well (complete 9/1) and no email here either. Fingers crossed for us!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to their interview invite, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays only.On what days of the week does GW offer interviews?
On hold forever from early August
Oct 15 for acceptances. Rejections anytime.when's the earliest we can find out about acceptances/ rejections post-interview? anyone have any ideas? graciaaaas
Maybe someone already asked this, but for those of you who have already interviewed, what was your impression of the school? How did you feel about the interview process here? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!