2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so from what I gathered, they are still around mid-november for post-II decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone from Nov 6 has heard. No one has reported hearing anything from after that (except that one person that heard from Nov 17????????????????????????)
Next Tuesday and Wednesday we might hear about the second week of November

5924ce66bcc835e82adc138c349897b2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Someone from Nov 6 has heard. No one has reported hearing anything from after that (except that one person that heard from Nov 17????????????????????????)

I interviewed the first week of November and still haven't heard back, which is why I said they are still on the first week of November but hopefully they will move on to the next week soon as well!

Reactions: 1 users
More like first week of November...

I interviewed the first week of November and still haven't heard back, which is why I said they are still on the first week of November but hopefully they will move on to the next week soon as well!

woof, have the decisions been trickling in or have they been mostly mass released (like their pre-II rejections)?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how often they meet to discuss admissions??

Add me to the list of people axed yesterday! Submitted in july and put on hold for re-review in October I think. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Alternate pool this morning. Interviewed the first week of November.

Accepted this morning! Beyond excited, loved everything about this school and the community. Interviewed during the first week of November.

Reactions: 11 users
Didn't get a rejection but haven't gotten an II either. Complete 8/22 and on hold since 10/9.

Members don't see this ad :)
This would be an underestimate but the class page (which you are invited to by admissions once accepted) has now roughly 100 people on it.

There are still seats left!!

First week of November just hearing back?

sounds like decisions for december are so far away :arghh:

tumblr_ma9b8e85HA1rpsmuk.gif

but it's ok GWU, anything 4 u ily

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted this morning! Beyond excited, loved everything about this school and the community. Interviewed during the first week of November.

For those of you that heard back today, what day in that first week of November did you interview on?

Thanks!

For those of you that heard back today, what day in that first week of November did you interview on?

Thanks!

For the sake of anonymity, I interviewed in the second half of the week. I think the recent snow storm may have affected decisions and I just happened to be one of the lucky ones that was reviewed this week.

I guess I should have mentioned this earlier, but I didn't know if it was relevant:

I interviewed Nov. 17 and get accepted Jan. 12.

In addition to an acceptance they sent me this (I think because I'm considered a disadvantaged applicant):

"Congratulations on your acceptance to our M.D. program. We are pleased to advise you that the Committee on Admissions has selected you to participate in our summer prematriculation program. We sincerely believe this four week opportunity will provide a smooth transition into not only the M.D. program, but also our community. This summer opportunity will provide exposure to first year course content. In addition workshops on study skills, test taking skills, stress reduction and other strategies for success will be presented. Our current students are a part of the teaching and mentoring process in a casual atmosphere. This invitation is extended to a very small fixed number of students who will be matriculating in the first year class this August. The program dates will be in the month of July 2016. More specific dates will be sent to you as they are available. You will receive on-campus housing and a $2,500 stipend for the four weeks. More information on this exciting new summer program will be sent to you in the coming months. I look forward to meeting you this summer and having you in our first year class. First year orientation begins in early August 2016."

Hope I didn't freak anyone out too much! Sorry guys!

Reactions: 6 users
Any more post II decision movement? So antsy

Anyone who interviewed first week of Nov still waiting to hear back?

I actually interviewed second week of November, but wanted to see if there was anyone who interviewed before me that was still waiting. Looks like I'm not alone!

Do they reject anyone after the interview? It seems like the waitlist is growing way faster than the list of acceptances

I think there were a few, but it seems that most people who post on here are waitlisted or accepted. That could just be a reporting bias though.

Just got an interview request today!!! I know it's late in the season and there's very few seats left but I'm so excited I could cry.

Just got an interview request today!!! I know it's late in the season and there's very few seats left but I'm so excited I could cry.
Congrats!!! Were you on hold for a long time? Do you mind sharing the interview dates left?

Just checked my portal and it said "Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS"

Any idea what this means? No email yet and this is pre-II. Been complete since very end of July

Just checked my portal and it said "Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS"

Any idea what this means? No email yet and this is pre-II. Been complete since very end of July.
I think this is what my portal said when I got my II email

Any idea what this means? No email yet and this is pre-II. Been complete since very end of July.
I'm dying from stress!

I don't have it either, still on hold. TBH it kind of sounds more like a rejection thing...I hope not though!

I don't have it either, still on hold. TBH it kind of sounds more like a rejection thing...I hope not though!

I actually had that status before receiving an II so I feel like it's probably good news. But it's a neutral statement, so I guess it could be used for rejections too... Guess we'll find out soon

I actually had that status before receiving an II so I feel like it's probably good news. But it's a neutral statement, so I guess it could be used for rejections too... Guess we'll find out soon

How long did it take to hear any news after the status changed?

How long did it take to hear any news after the status changed?

I checked my portal after I received the II by email so I'm not really sure how long I had that status. And the status stayed that way until I interviewed

Received a rejection just a little bit ago. Submitted secondary 7/23 and noticed I was on hold on 8/11. Good luck to everyone else!

Finally rejected after being on hold forever. Good luck to you all!

womp womp

Rejected too.

I guess I spoke too soon. Good luck to those still in the running. :luck:

Alternate, interviewed Nov 12. F*** me gently with a chainsaw.

Reactions: 4 users