2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate, interviewed Nov 12. F*** me gently with a chainsaw.

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that :( I interviewed earlier than you and have still not heard a peep. Wish you the best of luck getting off the alternate list!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected after being on hold since like September. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
When I survived the mass rejection list back in December, I felt good about myself. Now I wish I was rejected back then.

Rejected today post secondary. Been on hold since August. 6 months of "waiting". pros and cons to this decision, but it does sting a little that I was JUST about to send in an update which I heard GW is pretty receptive to.

Good luck everyone, if this is your number one choice I hope it works out

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected this morning pre-II as well after sending an update in December. Been on hold since August here. Good luck guys!

Woke up this morning with a rejection in my inbox.
Good luck to everyone else.

I'm a current MS1 at GW. Congrats to those who were accepted! Good luck to those who are still waiting (I know it is tough, I've been there). Stay positive.

Feel free to AMA

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a current MS1 at GW. Congrats to those who were accepted! Good luck to those who are still waiting (I know it is tough, I've been there). Stay positive.

Feel free to AMA

Do you happen to know roughly what % of the class is accepted off the waitlist by chance?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Womp, article in the Post this morning saying that GW lost the identities (through mislabeling or no labeling at all) of a bunch of their cadavers. :/

Womp, article in the Post this morning saying that GW lost the identities (through mislabeling or no labeling at all) of a bunch of their cadavers. :/

Okay I thought you were going to say they lost the identities of a bunch of their applicants and I was like I KNEW IT.
But seriously, that's horrible!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! Were you on hold for a long time? Do you mind sharing the interview dates left?

I had been on hold since September. My application file now says, "under review." Also, they don't share interview date options, they just assign you one. So I'm not sure what other dates are left, but if it helps, I got my request last week and my interview is for the 18th of Feb.

Anyone still hearing silence pre II?
Yuuuup, complete since 7/2, just sent in an update a few days ago.
Also still clinging to my life raft after this large wave of rejections. Complete mid August, sent in an update at the beginning of January. I feel excited to still be under consideration (especially because I'd love to study medicine in DC.) Hopefully this big purge was the storm before the calm for some of us on SDN (i.e. an II).

It's been over 3 months I interviewed and havent heard back.. :( I already got into another medical school but GW is still my top choice!

Reactions: 6 users
It's been over 3 months I interviewed and havent heard back.. :( I already got into another medical school but GW is still my top choice!
Hi I just went through this thread as I am trying to decide if I should apply hear in the future. Didn't really see many people posting their LizzyMs. So am trying to get an idea for the LizzyM scores of accepted applicants if they don't mind sharing. Thanks

Hi I just went through this thread as I am trying to decide if I should apply hear in the future. Didn't really see many people posting their LizzyMs. So am trying to get an idea for the LizzyM scores of accepted applicants if they don't mind sharing. Thanks

Purchase MSAR from AAMC. It will give you the 10-90th percentile GPAs and MCAT scores of accepted students for pretty much every med school in the country. I think the average LizzyM for accepted students at GW is 67-70

Purchase MSAR from AAMC. It will give you the 10-90th percentile GPAs and MCAT scores of accepted students for pretty much every med school in the country. I think the average LizzyM for accepted students at GW is 67-70
Thanks! I have the MSAR and know the statistics, but wanted to know the numbers for students that are actually accepted to see the trend.

Has anyone who is waiting for a decision for a Nov interview called the admissions office to find out what the hold up is/when we can expect to hear?

Thoughts on what to do if I've been accepted but haven't been invited to the class page yet? I was thinking of calling GW to ask and also thinking that would be amazingly lame of me, lol.

Hi all,
I just withdrew from the spot I was holding today! Good luck to all who are still waiting - I hope it goes to someone very deserving.

Reactions: 4 users
Today hits 13 weeks since my interview. Damn, GW. I've already gotten in elsewhere, but I want to be able to evaluate and weigh my options. I really don't get what takes so long when other schools can turn a decision around in 1-2 weeks.
I'm right at 12 today. *sigh*

hitting ~8 weeks post interview. I know i have a lot more waiting to do, but fingers are crossed!

I'm at 12 weeks today, I feel like the wait is more like 13-14 weeks now.

11 weeks this week - Alternate pool today :(

07e397793b6b077a6dcbf7ee76c631f3.gif

Is it just me or do like 90% of applicants who interview at this school get put in the alternate pool? o_O

Reactions: 3 users
They do interview a ridiculous number of people per spot. There are about 180/class and if they interview 3 times a week and every interview group is my size (18 students), then damn. 54 students a week, which is much higher than other schools I interviewed at that have 260-270 students/class.

Very true - I'm bummed, but also not surprised given all those numbers.

Ah well. Here's to more waiting

@drcon , I sent two updates. I'll probably be sending a LOI more toward the spring!

On their website, it says they interview about 1000 applicants.

Do recently interviewed applicants hear back during the same 13-week time frame ( sometime in May)?

They do interview a ridiculous number of people per spot. There are about 180/class and if they interview 3 times a week and every interview group is my size (18 students), then damn. 54 students a week, which is much higher than other schools I interviewed at that have 260-270 students/class.

They don't interview 3 times per week. They interview 1-2 times per week and not all weeks. They interview about 550-600 people.