2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted :) Had that weird phone interview on the 12th but i'll be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just submitted a letter of intent. Too bad it wasn't a hand written letter, because the tear marks might garner me some sympathy.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted :) Had that weird phone interview on the 12th but i'll be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

I'm still baffled/kinda WTF about your entire situation, but either way congrats! I forget, did you have anything super duper amazing on your app (spicy new publication that just came out, etc?)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still baffled/kinda WTF about your entire situation, but either way congrats! I forget, did you have anything super duper amazing on your app (spicy new publication that just came out, etc?)

lol thanks. When i talked to the dean she said that she does a bunch of phone interviews every year... I had a publication come out that i talked about in my update letter but I was like 4th author so i dunno if that really helped...

lol thanks. When i talked to the dean she said that she does a bunch of phone interviews every year... I had a publication come out that i talked about in my update letter but I was like 4th author so i dunno if that really helped...

Did you interview with the dean of admissions specifically? And btw, thanks for giving up your spot! :)

Did you interview with the dean of admissions specifically? And btw, thanks for giving up your spot! :)
Associate dean and a student. And sure haha I wish I could have visited the school but oh well

Gave up my spot, hoping it goes to one of y'all! :xf::cat:

Reactions: 13 users
Gave up my spot, hoping it goes to one of y'all! :xf::cat:

youtherealmvp-300x166.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone holding out!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interest email this morning and two hours later a phone call offering me a seat! I was on the wait list and a second time applicant.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats!!! What time did you receive the email and did you talk to the Associate dean, Diane Mcquial!

called on Monday afternoon by the director of admissions and received the official email later in the day!

Congratulations!!! May you provide us with your LizzyM? Also, are you planning on taking it? :)

Anyone else removed off the waitlist in the past several days?

Hey guys, first post on here. I was accepted off the alternate list last week. I got an email from Dean McQuail last Monday asking me if I was still interested in going to GW. I quickly replied "Absolutely yes!!" and then she asked me to call her which was when she offered me a seat. I'm a reapplicant, was on the alternate list here last year as well. Sent in an update 1 week before finding out. Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

Reactions: 8 users
That is so awesome. Congratulations!!! May you let us know about ur stats? Again, best wishes at GW!

Has anyone confirmed how big the waitlist is at GWU? Considering they interview in the ~1000 region, I can only imagine the waitlist is in the hundreds. I'm not really confident about this school.

First SDN post. For those of you who are reapplicants who were accepted this year, what did you change on your application? Did you retake the MCAT? Add research/clinical? Foreign travel?

does anyone know if there is still waitlist movement going on?

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if there is still waitlist movement going on?
The facebook group only has 164 students in it...and MSAR reports that the class size last year was 179. So who knows....

Hmm I can't seem to find it!
George Washington MD class of 2020 is the title. Although I doubt we can really figure anything out from that. But if it helps if you stalk last years facebook page there were people who were added in June/July of last year...so I think the chance of being pulled, while slim, is still there.

Don't know if it means anything, but I'm withdrawing from the alternate list!

Still on the alternate myself. I don't know if the lack of movement is because of high retention, over-acceptance, ??? but I'm continuing to follow this thread in hopes of some miracle in the next 8 weeks. Can anyone comment on the "fullness" of the class?

I talked to a M1 at GW who said that a lot of her classmates were pulled off the wait list in summer...so hopefully there is more movement to come...

I'm expecting waitlist movement around 15 minutes after I spend another few thousand dollars submitting my primary application in a week.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm expecting waitlist movement around 15 minutes after I spend another few thousand dollars submitting my primary application in a week.
this made me chuckle, really hope you get some good news!

have you thought about submitting your primary app for verification with just one school attached and if your waitlist doesn't pan out by end of June, just adding the rest of the schools in before the first transmission date?

so the waitlist movement is officially done?