You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just withdrew. Best of luck!!
Just submitted a letter of intent. Too bad it wasn't a hand written letter, because the tear marks might garner me some sympathy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just accepted 🙂 Had that weird phone interview on the 12th but i'll be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!
I'm still baffled/kinda WTF about your entire situation, but either way congrats! I forget, did you have anything super duper amazing on your app (spicy new publication that just came out, etc?)
I'm still baffled/kinda WTF about your entire situation, but either way congrats! I forget, did you have anything super duper amazing on your app (spicy new publication that just came out, etc?)
lol thanks. When i talked to the dean she said that she does a bunch of phone interviews every year... I had a publication come out that i talked about in my update letter but I was like 4th author so i dunno if that really helped...
lol thanks. When i talked to the dean she said that she does a bunch of phone interviews every year... I had a publication come out that i talked about in my update letter but I was like 4th author so i dunno if that really helped...
Did you interview with the dean of admissions specifically? And btw, thanks for giving up your spot! 🙂
Associate dean and a student. And sure haha I wish I could have visited the school but oh wellDid you interview with the dean of admissions specifically? And btw, thanks for giving up your spot! 🙂
Has anyone received a merit email yet?
Not yetHas anyone received a merit email yet?
Here's to hoping for good news this week!!
Gave up my spot, hoping it goes to one of y'all! 


Where is the wait list movement at?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my acceptance call today. Absolutely unreal. I'm in disbelief.
Off the wait list or post interview?!I got my acceptance call today. Absolutely unreal. I'm in disbelief.
Congrats! Did you send them a LOI?I got my acceptance call today. Absolutely unreal. I'm in disbelief.
Off the waitlist yes
Received an interest email this morning and two hours later a phone call offering me a seat! I was on the wait list and a second time applicant.
It was Dean Mcquail and I received the email at 10:30am pst.Congrats!!! What time did you receive the email and did you talk to the Associate dean, Diane Mcquial!
Any other movement?
called on Monday afternoon by the director of admissions and received the official email later in the day!
Yesis there a facebook group for admitted students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, first post on here. I was accepted off the alternate list last week. I got an email from Dean McQuail last Monday asking me if I was still interested in going to GW. I quickly replied "Absolutely yes!!" and then she asked me to call her which was when she offered me a seat. I'm a reapplicant, was on the alternate list here last year as well. Sent in an update 1 week before finding out. Good luck to everyone else waiting!!
Has anyone confirmed how big the waitlist is at GWU? Considering they interview in the ~1000 region, I can only imagine the waitlist is in the hundreds. I'm not really confident about this school.
anyone get a call today? 🙁
anyone get a call today? 🙁
NOPE.
The facebook group only has 164 students in it...and MSAR reports that the class size last year was 179. So who knows....does anyone know if there is still waitlist movement going on?
Just look up George Washington SMHS class of 2020 I believe.What's the Facebook group?
Hmm I can't seem to find it!Just look up George Washington SMHS class of 2020 I believe.
George Washington MD class of 2020 is the title. Although I doubt we can really figure anything out from that. But if it helps if you stalk last years facebook page there were people who were added in June/July of last year...so I think the chance of being pulled, while slim, is still there.Hmm I can't seem to find it!
Don't know if it means anything, but I'm withdrawing from the alternate list!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still on the alternate myself. I don't know if the lack of movement is because of high retention, over-acceptance, ??? but I'm continuing to follow this thread in hopes of some miracle in the next 8 weeks. Can anyone comment on the "fullness" of the class?
I talked to a M1 at GW who said that a lot of her classmates were pulled off the wait list in summer...so hopefully there is more movement to come...
I'm expecting waitlist movement around 15 minutes after I spend another few thousand dollars submitting my primary application in a week.
this made me chuckle, really hope you get some good news!I'm expecting waitlist movement around 15 minutes after I spend another few thousand dollars submitting my primary application in a week.
have you thought about submitting your primary app for verification with just one school attached and if your waitlist doesn't pan out by end of June, just adding the rest of the schools in before the first transmission date?