2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received this email. I'm assuming this has been sent to all WL candidates?

"We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. At this time, you are currently an active member of our alternate pool. We do anticipate making offers to alternates..."
+1
I also got way too excited when I read this :nailbiting:
 
any chance for IIs at this stage of the game from this school...? seems like a long shot at this point.

Also wondering this!! Sent a last ditch effort update letter last night, kicking myself for not doing it earlier. I would love to interview!!!!!!! but should I give up since alternate pool is already decided??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also wondering this!! Sent a last ditch effort update letter last night, kicking myself for not doing it earlier. I would love to interview!!!!!!! but should I give up since alternate pool is already decided??

I should sent another update letter too!
 
I just received this email. I'm assuming this has been sent to all WL candidates?

"We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. At this time, you are currently an active member of our alternate pool. We do anticipate making offers to alternates. This group is very fluid and organic. Therefore, it is impossible to specify your standing in this alternate pool. Whether you will be offered a position in the 2016 entering class depends upon activity in the class as well as the alternate pool. This pool remains viable until late July. In order to remain under consideration for a seat in our August 2016 entering class, at this time the Committee on Admissions requests that you provide the following information via your status portal update feature. https://portal.smhs.gwu.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/ • First & Last Name • AAMC ID # • Preferred Contact Email Address, Phone Number and Current Mailing Address • Statement of Interest & Any Updated Information We need to receive this information by no later than 5pm EST on April 1st, 2016.


I wonder if all alternate list / wait list candidates received this?
 
I received the email also. I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist due to acceptances at cheaper schools. Love this school though and the interview day was great! I by no means regret my 2 day mini vacation in D.C. and the opportunity to meet some great folks on the interview trail.
 
Not to provide false hope, but I actually only heard about 8 days before my scheduled interview (so flights were a challenge!). Best of luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent an email to medadmit this morning and got an automatic reply that they're closed today because of Metrorail closure...really hope this doesn't keep happening and delay responses even more
 
I checked last year's thread and there were some acceptances for January and February interviewees so there's still hope.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone happen to know if many people actually get pulled off the alternative list or not?? I want to hold out hope, but don't know whether to or not lol. @mcatjelly @grey_wind
 
@XxThaDoggxX I wish I knew!

The alternate pool here seems huge, but at the same time I'm glad they're having people confirm their alternate status, that way it's at least somewhat streamlined when they start giving out offers to alternates. Would really love for some good news from GW.

I keep getting put on waitlist after waitlist though, this cycle has been so taxing