2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! First one of the cycle 🙂 Was complete around August 4, and have been on hold since the beginning of September (not sure of the exact date, never received a hold e-mail, but saw it on my portal). Super excited for this one!
Were you a hold for re-review?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any idea if they do acceptances throughout the day, or all in the morning? Checked my portal and I have nothing
 
Last edited:
Agreed. Maybe they'll be drawing more from the alternate list this year?
I doubt it, the schools are all giving the same
Messages that they're "receiving an unprecedented number of applications this year" as they did last year. I know two people who have already been alternate listed by GW two years in a row now...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted. Unlike others, I saw it coming: my faculty interview was trash, and all things considered, their eval matters more than the student one.
 
Dang I interviewed 2 weeks ago, and all these waitlists are making me pretty nervous.
At least they aren't rejections though!
Patiently waiting another month or two for my fate!
 
waitlisted. WAHHHHHH.

interviewed first week of september. heard back yesterday morning, needed to mourn for a day before i posted anything
+pity+

congrats to the few who were accepted!
 
I am an out-of-state student, and my application has been 'on hold for re-review'. This has been my status for a while, at least a month (I haven't kept track).
----Does this school do 'silent rejections'? Or after how long do you think that I have no chance?
----Anybody have experience (with stats please) of the longest they had to wait for an interview invite?
 
I am an out-of-state student, and my application has been 'on hold for re-review'. This has been my status for a while, at least a month (I haven't kept track).
----Does this school do 'silent rejections'? Or after how long do you think that I have no chance?
----Anybody have experience (with stats please) of the longest they had to wait for an interview invite?

It looks like they do give out rejections if you look here

I
don't know specific stats, but last year some people got IIs in January after being on hold since September.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am still on hold for rereview. I just came to a realization... It will not be the worst thing in the world if I do not get offered an II or an acceptance. This school is cool and all, but the tuition is incredibly steep. added in with the COL in DC, i will finish medical school with a hefty hefty HEFTY amount of debt.

I mean it would definitely be nice, but at the same time, I am not too thrilled about it.
 
For folks who interviewed mid-September (specifically 9/17), anyone heard any news yet? I'm hoping by Halloween, I might hear something, unless that's too much to hope for.