2015-2016 Rush Medical College Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooooooo. Just had a recruiter come to my school. Have you guys heard of people getting accepted with less than 150 hours of community service and less than 150 hours of clinical experience? Apparently if you don't meet those minimums your app won't even be looked at by a real person
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you mean December 2nd and thats when I'm going! they only do Wednesday interviews.
Yep you are right! I made sure to edit my above post to reflect your correction. Thanks! Nice, hopefully it'll be a smallish interview group (not sure how many students interview in one day?)
 
Yep you are right! I made sure to edit my above post to reflect your correction. Thanks! Nice, hopefully it'll be a smallish interview group (not sure how many students interview in one day?)
There were 25 students on my interview day, so one of the larger groups I've been a part of!
 
12/9 for me. Anyone have info on the details of the interview? Just scared as eff, haha.
One 10 minute interview (mine was actually timed), which was pretty "rapid-fire" feeling, but kind of cool!
Then a longer 40 minute interview which was much more conversational. My interviewer made me feel so good about myself by the end of it (and must have worked out since I got accepted 🙂)
Both were faculty members, and one (not told which), currently is on the adcom or was last season.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an in state student, and my application has been complete since 8/21.
----Does this school do 'silent rejections'? Or after how long do you think that I have no chance?
----Any IS have experience (with stats please) of the longest they had to wait for an interview invite?
----Where am I supposed to see updates about where in the admission process my application is in?
 
Question for current students or Chicago residents: If I am staying at the Sheraton in the city, how long would it take to get to Rush in the morning?

Also, what would be best mode of transportation?
 
Question for current students or Chicago residents: If I am staying at the Sheraton in the city, how long would it take to get to Rush in the morning?

Also, what would be best mode of transportation?

If it's the one over by lower wacker, I would say either get a cab/uber, or if you're city savvy, walk the few blocks over to the pink line and take it to Polk--Rush is less than a block from that station. Up to you! Good luck!! 🙂
 
I am an in state student, and my application has been complete since 8/21.
----Does this school do 'silent rejections'? Or after how long do you think that I have no chance?
----Any IS have experience (with stats please) of the longest they had to wait for an interview invite?
----Where am I supposed to see updates about where in the admission process my application is in?

So Rush is a private school, so they don't put as much weight on in state applicants as a state school would...with that being said I think Illinois students are typically like 1/2 the class.

Never give up! I'm not sure how long in state student specifically had to wait to get an interview from this school, I was in the first round cycle last year and ended up with an October 17 acceptance, BUT I know a lot of people in our class were interviewed in the winter! They definitely are always interviewing for spots! Good luck with the rest of applications!
 
So Rush is a private school, so they don't put as much weight on in state applicants as a state school would...with that being said I think Illinois students are typically like 1/2 the class.

Never give up! I'm not sure how long in state student specifically had to wait to get an interview from this school, I was in the first round cycle last year and ended up with an October 17 acceptance, BUT I know a lot of people in our class were interviewed in the winter! They definitely are always interviewing for spots! Good luck with the rest of applications!


So I was just accepted at Rush and I'd say they still put a lot of weight on in-state compared to the regular private school. It seemed like they really want kids who are knowledgeable and care about health care in chicago, especially underserved areas. Not most private schools fill up half their class with in state kids.
 
Forgot to post, but I got a II here on Oct. 16th, complete July 28th. Interviewing in December, which was the nearest possible set of dates at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was curious if you ever got an answer or if anyone else knows!

Thanks🙂
Just sent an ITA email to them last week. They responded with the email below:

"Thank you for your email and continued interest in Rush Medical College. While we appreciate your interest in coordinating travel arrangements whenever possible, we are still receiving and reviewing applications and cannot predict when the Committee on Admissions will make decisions on individual applications. However, all applicants invited to interview will receive a range of possible dates."
 
was curious if you ever got an answer or if anyone else knows!

Thanks🙂

Just sent an ITA email to them last week. They responded with the email below:

"Thank you for your email and continued interest in Rush Medical College. While we appreciate your interest in coordinating travel arrangements whenever possible, we are still receiving and reviewing applications and cannot predict when the Committee on Admissions will make decisions on individual applications. However, all applicants invited to interview will receive a range of possible dates."

Same! I should have posted this, so they definitely aren't receptive
 
got accepted on friday!! anyone know how long we have to respond to their offer? still waiting to hear back from other schools before i make a final decision
You have two weeks. You just have to pay $100 (refundable) deposit, so it isn't binding if you end up choosing elsewhere. It just holds your spot.