You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
*Sigh*lence
Rush does not do any student interviews. There were some M2-M4 students who sat with us at lunch and we could ask them any questions we had during casual conversation. Same thing during the tour.For those about to interview, do any students interview you? What year would they be in? Also, how does the mingling between interviewers and students work out during interview day? (Anxiety kicking in)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?got accepted on friday!! anyone know how long we have to respond to their offer? still waiting to hear back from other schools before i make a final decision
beginning of october, jill told us the exact date we would hear back so don't be nervous to ask her if she can give you a close estimate on your interview date!When did you interview?
and the interview day is VERY organized, very minimal downtime, but very relaxed and fun. all the other interviewees and i were fast friends, so enjoy it! your odds of getting in after getting an interview invite are significantly higher so keep your head up! 🙂
Declined my interview spot. Hope someone here gets it! Good luck!
Admitted 🙂
Interviewed 10/14 OOS
Interviewed 10/14 OOS
You can hold multiple acceptances until April/May right?got accepted on friday!! anyone know how long we have to respond to their offer? still waiting to hear back from other schools before i make a final decision
That is an aggressive signature line. Congrats on your acceptance 🙂Admitted 🙂
Interviewed 10/14 OOS
Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for Rush?
D
deleted573262
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Really high. Like 60% if I remember correctly.Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for Rush?
Well, mom, I'm gonna be a doctor!
Accepted yesterday!!
Accepted yesterday!!
Well, mom, I'm gonna be a doctor!
Accepted yesterday!!
It was via phone call correct? Around what time did everyone receive their call?
Congrats by the way to everyone accepted!
It was via phone call correct? Around what time did everyone receive their call?
Congrats by the way to everyone accepted!
Email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got three emails from rush a few weeks back about finishingles my secondary. Is this a normal thing?
I never finished it because I wasn't able to submit before mid September so I figured it would be throwing away another $100
I never finished it because I wasn't able to submit before mid September so I figured it would be throwing away another $100
They want you to complete your secondary so they will get $. Don't read into it too much.Got three emails from rush a few weeks back about finishingles my secondary. Is this a normal thing?
I never finished it because I wasn't able to submit before mid September so I figured it would be throwing away another $100
Really don't want to wait til December 2nd to interview. This is my dream school
12/9 here. You're not aloneReally don't want to wait til December 2nd to interview. This is my dream school
Same:/ December 2nd.. A whole month away still..Really don't want to wait til December 2nd to interview. This is my dream school
I need Halp. does anyone have any advice on a decent and not absurdly expensive hotel to stay at? The ones Ive found in the medical district are fairly expensive..
Would it be reasonable to perhaps search for a hotel ~20 miles from Rush and just drive there in the morning? I don't know how rough the traffic would be since Im not familiar with the area..
Any advice would be appreciated!
Would it be reasonable to perhaps search for a hotel ~20 miles from Rush and just drive there in the morning? I don't know how rough the traffic would be since Im not familiar with the area..
Any advice would be appreciated!
Why not a host?I need Halp. does anyone have any advice on a decent and not absurdly expensive hotel to stay at? The ones Ive found in the medical district are fairly expensive..
Would it be reasonable to perhaps search for a hotel ~20 miles from Rush and just drive there in the morning? I don't know how rough the traffic would be since Im not familiar with the area..
Any advice would be appreciated!
Going with my significant other!Why not a host?
Going with my significant other!
I stayed about 20 miles west of Rush and it was pretty cheap on hotwire. I just left early in the morning to be sure
I need Halp. does anyone have any advice on a decent and not absurdly expensive hotel to stay at? The ones Ive found in the medical district are fairly expensive..
Would it be reasonable to perhaps search for a hotel ~20 miles from Rush and just drive there in the morning? I don't know how rough the traffic would be since Im not familiar with the area..
Any advice would be appreciated!
Chicago South Loop hotel is five miles away and was reasonable if you ask for Rush rate.
Last year I got rejected mid-February. The message mentioned not being able to offer an interview. It seems like they hold on to you just in case they will want to interview you, then send you a decision when they know they won't. So you will get a decision, but it may take a while.Not sure if this has been answered before... but does anyone know if Rush does silent rejections?
Thanks!
I THINK they CAN choose not to email you until the day that cycles classes start. Not 100% sure.Not sure if this has been answered before... but does anyone know if Rush does silent rejections?
Thanks!
Last edited:
Accepted by email today!!
Waitlisted after 10/21 interview. I declined this waitlist due to other acceptances, good luck to all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After interviewing here, I have to say I absolutely LOVED Rush Hospital and Cook county and would love to do my rotations there. Can any current students chime in on these experiences and if they are worth the extra cost over UIC? If I do get accepted here, it will most likely be here or UIC.
Can anyone provide insight which could sway me one way or another? Both schools are similarly priced I believe when you account for UIC's summer fees.
Thanks!!
Can anyone provide insight which could sway me one way or another? Both schools are similarly priced I believe when you account for UIC's summer fees.
Thanks!!
Does Rush update you telling you that your application is under review? Mine just says that my application is complete. I've been complete since 8/10 

Do we know if it obviously bad to take a January interview date? Should you always, always, always take the closest one? I am thinking that I might be more prepared if I wait to schedule until after the new year, but I admit to not having a great idea about the interview timeline at Rush in terms of being put at a disadvantage. Any insight is appreciated.
Waitlisted today 🙁, interviewed 10/28
Do we know if it obviously bad to take a January interview date? Should you always, always, always take the closest one? I am thinking that I might be more prepared if I wait to schedule until after the new year, but I admit to not having a great idea about the interview timeline at Rush in terms of being put at a disadvantage. Any insight is appreciated.
In my opinion, there are very few compelling reasons to *not* take the soonest date possible. Admissions at Rush are rolling and you have a better chance of getting in the sooner your application goes in front of the admissions committee. Just get started with preparation now, get your foot in the door as soon as possible and that should be the best recipe for your success! Good luck with your interview! 🙂
Accepted via email! 10/28 interview.
Honestly don't know why you would need more than a couple days to prepare. Research the school, look over your app, look through the sdn interviews page for rush, and try to come up with bullet points for generic answers. I'd take the earliest date possible since they are rolling. PM if you have any questions about interview day, or need help preparing.Do we know if it obviously bad to take a January interview date? Should you always, always, always take the closest one? I am thinking that I might be more prepared if I wait to schedule until after the new year, but I admit to not having a great idea about the interview timeline at Rush in terms of being put at a disadvantage. Any insight is appreciated.
In my opinion, there are very few compelling reasons to *not* take the soonest date possible. Admissions at Rush are rolling and you have a better chance of getting in the sooner your application goes in front of the admissions committee. Just get started with preparation now, get your foot in the door as soon as possible and that should be the best recipe for your success! Good luck with your interview! 🙂
Honestly don't know why you would need more than a couple days to prepare. Research the school, look over your app, look through the sdn interviews page for rush, and try to come up with bullet points for generic answers. I'd take the earliest date possible since they are rolling. PM if you have any questions about interview day, or need help preparing.
Thanks for the advice! I really don't need that long to prepare, you are correct. I probably did not explain it all that well-- my conflicts have more to do with other happenings at my school and work in the next month. They make it difficult to get all the pieces together, albeit those pieces, individually, seem very small. Hence the need to get off of SDN, like now...
Thanks for the advice! I really don't need that long to prepare, you are correct. I probably did not explain it all that well-- my conflicts have more to do with other happenings at my school and work in the next month. They make it difficult to get all the pieces together, albeit those pieces, individually, seem very small. Hence the need to get off of SDN, like now...
Completely understandable, this is such a busy time of year and it can be stressful to have to drop everything when an II comes along. Fingers crossed you knock your Rush interview out of the park, whenever it may be!

Accepted here about two weeks ago and had a quick question for anyone who might know... Although Rush does not have an accredited Masters of Public Health program, is it possible for Rush medical students to pursue an MPH during med school?
Perhaps taking a break after M2, going part time at the UIC or Northwestern programs, or something else? This might be worth reaching out to a dean, but if people knew of it being done and had info about admissions, financial, logicitical things, I'd love to hear from you!
Perhaps taking a break after M2, going part time at the UIC or Northwestern programs, or something else? This might be worth reaching out to a dean, but if people knew of it being done and had info about admissions, financial, logicitical things, I'd love to hear from you!
Would really love a II from rush! eeeee
I should hear back tomorrow... Fingers crossed. 

i'd do anything for an interview here!! i'm really into service and i feel like rush fits my mission as much as i do its.
but no II in sight, been complete since 8/10
but no II in sight, been complete since 8/10

Anyone know what the waitlist process is here? Do they pull people off the waitlist throughout the process, or at the end?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the waitlist process is here? Do they pull people off the waitlist throughout the process, or at the end?
Starts in April
have not heard anything back from this school. complete in august. i hate this cycle. Too stressful.
No interview yet! 31 and 3.9 and been complete since early August! Should I be worried?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently if you did not put at least 150 hrs of community service you do not get an II
Where did you hear this?Apparently if you did not put at least 150 hrs of community service you do not get an II
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K