You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Around 8/20 ish from last years threadWhen does Tufts start throwing out II's ? I've realized that the majority of schools are relatively silent atm 🙂
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/diversity-about-race.1155724/I think about ethnicity, yes, but it would be sad if that is all I think about. Is my Asian background diverse? Maybe. But there are other Asians out there. Being Asian is not all who I am. Much more diverse are my archery skills, my college major, my dedication to a certain hobby that shall remain unnamed. If the only thing "diverse" about you is your race or ethnicity, then you are not that diverse because there are hundreds just like you filling out the same app. My guess is that schools know this; it can speak volumes of someone's maturity to see how they interpret "diversity." Again, I'm only half joking with the liberal generation comment. our generation fights for good things but often takes it to an extreme and starts seeing everything as a part of that narrative. Diversity is more about SES and skin color; people need to understand already.
Also, you are wrong. There is much doubt on why the question exists. I just saw on another thread today @Goro speaking about the question; it is not at all what you think, honey.
You cannot seriously think that the photo is to only judge people by their skin color. Wouldn't you want to have a photo to remember interviewees so people can remember who they saw when during a large committee meeting? Many many schools want a photo. How else are they supposed to remember the guy who was rude to someone during the day so they can dock him or vice versa for someone who showed a lot of maturity throughout the day?
^any opinions on this topic?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Maine Track applicant here. Very excited about this program!!
Applying with a 3.6 ugpa and 515 mcat (93rd percentile). Hoping for the best. Good luck everyone!
Applying with a 3.6 ugpa and 515 mcat (93rd percentile). Hoping for the best. Good luck everyone!
Lmao quit putting that on every school thread ... might as well attach a PDF of your resume too
Yes I think some people haven't figured out there's a "follow this thread" button so they don't need to post unnecessary stuff...Lmao quit putting that on every school thread ... might as well attach a PDF of your resume too
I will say though that even when I push the "watch thread" button, I sometimes don't get alerts unless I actually posted in that thread. I had a few schools that I had selected to watch, but didn't see any updates for weeks and I decided to check out those threads and I found pages of new posts that I was never alerted to.Yes I think some people haven't figured out there's a "follow this thread" button so they don't need to post unnecessary stuff...
Click on watched threads instead of relying on alerts.I will say though that even when I push the "watch thread" button, I sometimes don't get alerts unless I actually posted in that thread. I had a few schools that I had selected to watch, but didn't see any updates for weeks and I decided to check out those threads and I found pages of new posts that I was never alerted to.
Good call, this is the no fail method. However, my alert preferences should still alert me to all new posts, which doesn't happen.Click on watched threads instead of relying on alerts.
Yup I just check "all watched threads" instead of alerts.Good call, this is the no fail method. However, my alert preferences should still alert me to all new posts, which doesn't happen.
Sorry guys. I'm a new poster on here, didn't realize there was an option to do that. Thanks.
Bummer they didn't come out today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still considering applying for the Maine track. I grew up in the summers in Bath, Maine and would love to go back there.
II! Regular track. Complete on 7/7. Interview 9/22.
Thrilled to say the least.
Thrilled to say the least.
Last edited:
Congrats! When were you complete
Nice! When were you complete?II Regular track as well!
Thanks! 7/7, just updated my original post.
Last edited:
Nice! When were you complete?
Thanks! Complete July 7th
I'll be interviewing on the 22nd as well! Good luck, and see you then 🙂II! Regular track. Complete on 7/8. Interview Sep 22.
Thrilled to say the least.
II!!! Regular track! OOS, LizzyM = 70, complete early July
How early is early?
Before or after July 9th? 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How early is early?
Before or after July 9th? 😛
July 8! Sorry lol, I had forgotten the date.
Does anyone know what Tufts' interview format is like? Is it MMI or traditional?
July 8! Sorry lol, I had forgotten the date.
Does anyone know what Tufts' interview format is like? Is it MMI or traditional?
Oh, and congrats! 😛
II, LizzyM73, complete on 7/08!
Was marked complete 8/7, I guess I still have a bit of a wait to go! Congratulations to all the IIs so far!
For interviews, how advantageous is it to pick an earlier interview? I have an interview in RI on Oct. 9, and I'm debating choosing between Oct. 8 to save trips or an earlier interview like September 17... My dad is helping me with flights and he is saying that being admitted is the most important thing to consider, but I feel bad making him spend extra money.
For interviews, how advantageous is it to pick an earlier interview? I have an interview in RI on Oct. 9, and I'm debating choosing between Oct. 8 to save trips or an earlier interview like September 17... My dad is helping me with flights and he is saying that being admitted is the most important thing to consider, but I feel bad making him spend extra money.
In general, the earlier the better. But this means like interviewing in the fall > winter > spring, or interviewing in sep/oct is advantageous over dec/jan.
Advantage of Sep 17 over Oct 8? Marginal at best. Save the money.
Congrats on the IIs today. Hope more good news comes soon for those who were complete later in July (me included 😉 )!
I did my undergrad in Boston and have lived there for 7 years. I also did the Tufts MBS program, so if anyone has any questions for location/public transport/things to do and see/cost of living/random things about the city, you're welcome to ask or pm!
I did my undergrad in Boston and have lived there for 7 years. I also did the Tufts MBS program, so if anyone has any questions for location/public transport/things to do and see/cost of living/random things about the city, you're welcome to ask or pm!
Hi folks, current Maine Track M4 here, feel free to PM with any questions. Good luck this fall!
Hi! I'm a born and raised Mainer, and did my undergrad in Maine as well. Maine Track is absolutely my top choice program!
I know it's still early, but I was wondering if you knew what the interview timeline is for Maine Track vs. regular track. Are there two independent committees looking at the applications?
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied Maine Track. I submitted my app a few days ago.
Last year it looks like a lot of Maine Track interviews went out pretty early....I think around this time. I think they interview almost half of the applicants too. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
There are two different admission committee that work independently of one another. Interviews are completely separate too.
Last year it looks like a lot of Maine Track interviews went out pretty early....I think around this time. I think they interview almost half of the applicants too. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
There are two different admission committee that work independently of one another. Interviews are completely separate too.
Last edited:
Any Md/PhD II?
Does anyone have any idea what % of interviewees are accepted?
Take a look at http://www.medicalschoolsinusa.com/medical-school-rankings/
Click on your School of interest and you can find the data there.
Good Luck!
EDIT: This is Tufts Specific Data from the Site above
Fall 2012-2013 Admissions Statistics
Total admissions data
7319 applied, 1068 interviewed, 590 were accepted, 201 enrolled
In-state admissions data
700 applied, 204 interviewed, 108 were accepted, 48 enrolled
Out-of-state admissions data
6619 applied, 864 interviewed, 482 were accepted, 153 enrolled
Women’s admissions data
3502 applied, 490 interviewed, 286 were accepted, 93 enrolled
Minority admissions data
3031 applied, 393 interviewed, 241 were accepted, 57 enrolled
International admissions data
216 applied, 1 interviewed, 0 were accepted, 0 enrolled
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K