2015-2016 Tulane University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And then, at the start of our first year, we will all have come together and become besties, conveniently ignoring all the backstabbing the year prior. I vote Lafitte's Blacksmith bar, in the back around the piano, as our first post-acceptance plastics sing-along meetup.
Jingle Bell Rock karaoke??!
 
@MissKitty2868 we can't both be Regina!
mean-girls-10-year-anniversary-best-quotes-gif1111.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@rachiie01 That's why I chose the Regina in the head brace. You are HUNTY Regina, and I am the Regina who has changed. 🙂 I thought this through!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see it's Mean Girls day haha. I have a quick question...I got the green checkmark today on the portal for "In Progress." From skimming the thread, it seems that this does not mean much with respect to when the decision will be made. Is that true or is there an estimated amount of time within which a decision is typically made after the change in the "In Progress" section? Thanks!
 
I see it's Mean Girls day haha. I have a quick question...I got the green checkmark today on the portal for "In Progress." From skimming the thread, it seems that this does not mean much in terms of when the decision will be made. Is that true or is there an estimated amount of time within which a decision is typically made after the change in the "In Progress" section? Thanks!
I got that July 28th on the day I submitted and still have no reject/interview if that puts it into perspective. We just really don't know what anything ever means. Ha.

Plus I believe someone said they called and asked about it and the AdCom person said it doesn't mean anything.
 
I got that July 28th on the day I submitted and still have no reject/interview if that puts it into perspective. We just really don't know what anything ever means. Ha.

Plus I believe someone said they called and asked about it and the AdCom person said it doesn't mean anything.

Ok, thank you! That's kind of what I was expecting, but figured I'd ask anyway haha...
 
I see it's Mean Girls day haha. I have a quick question...I got the green checkmark today on the portal for "In Progress." From skimming the thread, it seems that this does not mean much with respect to when the decision will be made. Is that true or is there an estimated amount of time within which a decision is typically made after the change in the "In Progress" section? Thanks!

is mean girls supposed to be a good movie? is it set in new orleans or something?
 
@Spector1 It has nothing to do with New Orleans, but it has everything to do with keeping us sane while we work our way through this cycle.

I do highly recommend watching it though if you haven't seen it. It was written and directed by Tina Fey, so if you're a fan of hers you'll certainly enjoy it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear the bad news. And definitely understand how it hurts even more with no IIs yet. Hoping you hear better news soon!


It's more likely that they rejected you because your MCAT score far exceeds their 90th percentile. With stats like that you should be hearing good news from other schools soon!
Do schools really reject applicants because their MCAT scores are too high? That seems crazy to me
 
Do schools really reject applicants because their MCAT scores are too high? That seems crazy to me
I'm a reapplicant and some of the feedback I received from schools was "some schools might not have taken your application seriously" but I never got a confirmation from an admissions director or anything. But my real problem was that my primary was terrible so all the marginal stuff like being ORM or maybe some schools didn't take my score seriously or w/e are not worth worrying about imo.
 
Do schools really reject applicants because their MCAT scores are too high? That seems crazy to me

Maybe not just because it's too high, but if it's crazy high and you don't give a convincing reason that you want to attend they'll just assume you're probably gonna go somewhere else. I have a buddy (LizzyM 79)who was rejected from Tulane and accepted at Columbia