2015-2016 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From the grapevine, I heard someone got a call yesterday. Anyone else get a call?

Dude, you've trolled this thread like 10 times already.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how the movement off the waitlist is? I'm in the top third of the list and was hoping to hear by today. Any updates would help ease my anxiety :(

Adcom office confirmed that the class is full :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcom office confirmed that the class is full :(
Well, the class is full at every school at this point, isn't it? If someone gets in to another school off the wait list a spot will open up.

Well, the class is full at every school at this point, isn't it? If someone gets in to another school off the wait list a spot will open up.
Not necessarily. If they didn't have enough people accept their offers of acceptance by May 2nd, the class would not have been full at that point. The school might have then extended a few new offers to fill those seats. Some schools give like 1-2 weeks to make a decision while some force you to essentially make a decision on the spot. If it is a school that gives people 2 weeks, their class would not be full at this point.

I was told that WL movement will likely commence around the middle of the month - historically UC has always drawn down into their top tier so it would be unprecedented (but not beyond the realm of possibility) where they are locked and loaded on a class with no WL movement for 2016.

Reactions: 1 user

Good point. I just figured that a majority of the WL movement would occur at the multiple acceptance deadline.

I was told that WL movement will likely commence around the middle of the month - historically UC has always drawn down into their top tier so it would be unprecedented (but not beyond the realm of possibility) where they are locked and loaded on a class with no WL movement for 2016.

I've heard the same thing from several sources.

I think Ion called and confirmed that the class is full. Movement on the WL will likely be very limited, if any, given the confirmed students would have to be accepted at a more desirable program to give up their spot at UC.

I certainly hope not, historically there has always been top tier wait list movement, maybe this year is a sad exception. I am going to step out and predict movement before the end of the month - perhaps UC is not taking the iterative approach and they prefer to clear groups of students to ease administrative burden...wishful thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know the procedure for transcripts on CastleBranch? I'm assuming we just send them to the address they provided but are we supposed to send them to UC directly as well?

Does anybody know the procedure for transcripts on CastleBranch? I'm assuming we just send them to the address they provided but are we supposed to send them to UC directly as well?

I think we just send them to CastleBranch and they will send them over to UC. At least that's what I understood from the site...

Is anyone else super confused about all this vaccine stuff we have to do? So for each one (Flu, varicella, MMR, etc.) we have to upload the AAMC immunization form + documentation for that specific vaccine? And for TB, it says we have to have a test done between April and July 2016, but the form is due 6/10, so I'm assuming we can like update it? I probably can't get in to get it done before 6/10...

Also, I apparently did not get my varicella vaccine until I was 8...how did I get into public school? o_O

Also, according to my background check my birthday is actually a completely different day than I thought it was...learning lots of new things today! Haha

Last edited:
Is anyone else super confused about all this vaccine stuff we have to do? So for each one (Flu, varicella, MMR, etc.) we have to upload the AAMC immunization form + documentation for that specific vaccine? And for TB, it says we have to have a test done between April and July 2016, but the form is due 6/10, so I'm assuming we can like update it? I probably can't get in to get it done before 6/10...

Also, I apparently did not get my varicella vaccine until I was 8...how did I get into public school? o_O

Also, according to my background check my birthday is actually a completely different day than I thought it was...learning lots of new things today! Haha

The immunizations are super confusing. I think you upload the AAMC immunization form for each individual requirement that is on the AAMC form. Also, if you had the chicken pox then you didn't need to get the VZV vaccine to go to school.

The immunizations are super confusing. I think you upload the AAMC immunization form for each individual requirement that is on the AAMC form. Also, if you had the chicken pox then you didn't need to get the VZV vaccine to go to school.
Thanks! And I never had the chicken pox lol. So sketchy.

So it seems waitlist movement was declared to start this month. Seeing as we have about a day left, anyone think tomorrow will be the day??

It is kind of confusing, but you can fill out the entire AAMC form for all the vaccines and just upload multiple times under each tab. You don't have to only fill out the section of the vaccine you're submitting it for.

Also for TB, the 2 tests only need to be a week apart. You'll be cutting it close to 6/10 but it can be done by then.

Thanks @Dr Kat!
Trying to get medical records from a doctor in another state when you only have ten days to do it is super fun.

So it seems waitlist movement was declared to start this month. Seeing as we have about a day left, anyone think tomorrow will be the day??

I will no longer speculate but am very hopeful they start moving...C'mon UC !!!

Is anyone having issues uploading forms to the portal? I don't have a printer or scanner available to me so I've just been filling the forms out electronically with Preview. But when I upload them to CastleBranch, it deletes everything I've typed and makes it look like I've submitted a blank form.

Is anyone having issues uploading forms to the portal? I don't have a printer or scanner available to me so I've just been filling the forms out electronically with Preview. But when I upload them to CastleBranch, it deletes everything I've typed and makes it look like I've submitted a blank form.

That's so weird. Yeah, I have had a lot of problems with CastleBranch. I know that their servers were crashed this morning, so maybe it was just a problem with their systems. I'm not sure, though.

That's so weird. Yeah, I have had a lot of problems with CastleBranch. I know that their servers were crashed this morning, so maybe it was just a problem with their systems. I'm not sure, though.

Possibly =/ I'm gonna have to go to the library and print everything out and just take pictures of the forms.
I feel kind of dumb that it looked like I submitted blank forms haha.

Possibly =/ I'm gonna have to go to the library and print everything out and just take pictures of the forms.
I feel kind of dumb that it looked like I submitted blank forms haha.

I had a similar issue, and when I called them they suggested taking pictures with my phone of each page individually then emailing them to myself and uploading. It's kind of a pain to do each page separately, but I got an app on my phone that turns pictures into pdfs and I haven't had any issues since doing it that way.

They also said that you might have to refresh the page a few times after submitting if the icon doesn't change from "in progress" to "pending review" because the server sometimes gets overloaded.

Okay CastleBranch is driving me insane. They rejected my TDaP documentation because apparently I didn't fill out the "school form". It asks for the AAMC immunization form, which is exactly what I submitted, in addition to my records showing the dates of all my childhood doses and adult boosters. What the heck do these people want from me!?!

Okay CastleBranch is driving me insane. They rejected my TDaP documentation because apparently I didn't fill out the "school form". It asks for the AAMC immunization form, which is exactly what I submitted, in addition to my records showing the dates of all my childhood doses and adult boosters. What the heck do these people want from me!?!
Mine got rejected too, but I forgot the childhood doses. I'd just email them and ask what they need. I'm pretty sure it's the admissions office who's accepting and rejecting the forms so they'll know why.

Actually I think it may be CastleBranch who is doing the review. They rejected one of mine by mistake and I just gave them a call. They were super helpful, so I'd just call them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone successfully been able to waive the health insurance?

Hey all don't give up hope on UC this year, my friend was admitted off of the wait list last tuesday. They called him directly at about 10:00am, but they did mention that there has been almost no movement this cycle. Good luck!

Has anyone successfully been able to waive the health insurance?

I called the number and they said you have to waive it through Catalyst instead of the link on CastleBranch

I called the number and they said you have to waive it through Catalyst instead of the link on CastleBranch
I think it just wasn't available until a few days ago cuz I got it to work for me last week!

Also, last week I got a call saying people had their acceptances rescinded for not getting stuff in on time, so be sure to get everything done on time!

Also, last week I got a call saying people had their acceptances rescinded for not getting stuff in on time, so be sure to get everything done on time![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up!

Anyone happen to know when the deadline is/was for applying for IS tuition? I'm pretty disappointed, I just realized I misunderstood the requirements for residency and I think I actually did qualify for IS tuition (self-supporting part-time student with a part-time job in Ohio, but for less than 12 months). Really hoping there's still a chance for me to save $20000. :(

Anyone happen to know when the deadline is/was for applying for IS tuition? I'm pretty disappointed, I just realized I misunderstood the requirements for residency and I think I actually did qualify for IS tuition (self-supporting part-time student with a part-time job in Ohio, but for less than 12 months). Really hoping there's still a chance for me to save $20000. :(

I think it is two weeks before the start of the semester, but they can make exceptions if you are a little late. If you moved to Ohio before August 8, 2015, and if you meet all of the other requirements, then you could still apply.

I think it is two weeks before the start of the semester, but they can make exceptions if you are a little late. If you moved to Ohio before August 8, 2015, and if you meet all of the other requirements, then you could still apply.

Okay, so here's the deal.
I went to college in Ohio, so I've lived there since August 2012. But I know August 2012-December 2015 don't count because I was a full-time student. However, in January 2015 I dropped down to part-time status, and had a job. On the website, it says "A person who is living in Ohio and is gainfully employed in Ohio on a full-time or part-time and self-sustaining basis and who is pursuing a part-time program of instruction at an institution of higher education" can apply for residency for tuition purposes. It says that those people can apply for residency regardless of whether or not they have lived in Ohio for 12 consecutive months.
So it would seem like I would meet the requirements, right? Here's the catch: last week, I quit my job in Ohio and my lease ended, and I'm now at home with my parents for a few weeks. I technically have no job or lease in Ohio. But I did. I could get a copy of my old lease, a copy of my new lease, and a letter from my past employer. I don't know if they'd accept that though. This is so frustrating, to know that if I had applied a few weeks ago I could have been considered an Ohio resident, but now I'm not because I left the state for 3 weeks x.x

Okay, so here's the deal.
I went to college in Ohio, so I've lived there since August 2012. But I know August 2012-December 2015 don't count because I was a full-time student.

I don't know about all of the other requirements you mentioned, but I know that this statement is not true. If you are a full-time student for one year, and you are financially self-supporting, then you quality for in-state tuition (if you fulfill all of the other requirements). But you may as well apply - the worst they can do is say no at this point.

I don't know about all of the other requirements you mentioned, but I know that this statement is not true. If you are a full-time student for one year, and you are financially self-supporting, then you quality for in-state tuition (if you fulfill all of the other requirements). But you may as well apply - the worst they can do is say no at this point.

Interesting.
The reason I don't want to just apply is because I don't have an Ohio ID right now. If I'm relatively certain I'm going to be approved, I'd be willing to drive 4-5 hours to Ohio to get one. But otherwise, it's not worth it.

When I had question about my residency, I just called and asked. Everyone there is extremely helpful. I know that you need to have bank statements proving you were self-sufficient as well as the copy of a lease and pay stubs. If you're from Indiana, they also have reciprocity rules for areas outside Indianapolis, so that counted for me. Just contact someone in the office and they usually get back to you within a day.

When I had question about my residency, I just called and asked. Everyone there is extremely helpful. I know that you need to have bank statements proving you were self-sufficient as well as the copy of a lease and pay stubs. If you're from Indiana, they also have reciprocity rules for areas outside Indianapolis, so that counted for me. Just contact someone in the office and they usually get back to you within a day.

I called today and they said they couldn't answer questions about my specific situation. I sent them an e-mail, hopefully I explained it well enough that they'll understand and get back to me soon.

:mad: NVM, my parents claimed me on their 2015 taxes so I'm ineligible. Woop de doo, they got a few hundred bucks for claiming me, and I lost $20,000. They owe me $20,000.

On the U.S. Department of Education's website (https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans) and it says HEAL program loans aren't a thing anymore, and yet one of my loans is titled "Fed Direct Unsub Loan - HEAL." They're referring to the Stafford Loan, yeah?

Does anyone also know if the interest rates and fees are different from last year (7/1/2015 - 6/30/2016)? The information on UC's Medonestop is still from last year, I believe. Thanks!

Has anyone started the online compliance training modules? There are a lot of sections in the blood borne pathogens module and I'm not sure which we need to do besides the OSHA/lab compliance blood borne pathogens

Has anyone started the online compliance training modules? There are a lot of sections in the blood borne pathogens module and I'm not sure which we need to do besides the OSHA/lab compliance blood borne pathogens
Was wondering the same thing so I just did exactly the ones it said to do and nothing extra. Not sure if that was right though.

Hey all I just got an interview for this school for the 2016-2017 cycle and I was wondering if anyone had any additional travel/flying/area tips other than what's available on the website and the info sheet we received. One of my main concerns was luggage... would it be appropriate to ask if the luggage from my trip could be stored in an office or if I would need to make my own arrangements for that (for a previous interview at another school they offered all applicants this opportunity). Also I was wondering what the uber situation to/from the airport is and if it's cheaper/more expensive than the shuttle the school recommends. Also any hotel/food recommendations other than what is already provided would be really helpful!

Hey all I just got an interview for this school for the 2016-2017 cycle and I was wondering if anyone had any additional travel/flying/area tips other than what's available on the website and the info sheet we received. One of my main concerns was luggage... would it be appropriate to ask if the luggage from my trip could be stored in an office or if I would need to make my own arrangements for that (for a previous interview at another school they offered all applicants this opportunity). Also I was wondering what the uber situation to/from the airport is and if it's cheaper/more expensive than the shuttle the school recommends. Also any hotel/food recommendations other than what is already provided would be really helpful!
There is a space to store luggage during the interview. As for getting to the airport, it's like 30 minutes from the school so Uber would cost like $20-25. Not sure how the shuttle works.